How to pepper spray?

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
This is more personal than car security, but since the two are often related, I will place this post here.

This is something I picked up yesterday from the Safety Campaign Demo.

If some bloke harrasses you, but he is wearing this kind of helmet with visor:

where are you gonna to pepper spray? Or can we pepper spray him at all?

P.S. Please don't stray away from this question, for instance, like saying what if he is carrying a gun or he has three other companions with him.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
spray bottom up? Kena the assailant's neck is effective too because the gas will get trapped in the visor and he will be forced to rub/cover his eyes and open the visor.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yeap. Spray to the neck there and the vapor will reach.
Although it's not as efficient as spraying directly but it does work.
Just like The Walking Dead. :biggrin:
If you are not inside the car, RUN. Or just kick the nuts.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If only can use pepper spray, just target the whole head and also like PocRoc mentioned, spray the neck area too. So its like spraying the thing with your hand movement like washing a car. Some particles will go inside and make that robber harder to breath and sting its senses.

My personal tip: Buy a decent pepper spray that has wider spray area and higher spray flow lol

But if the dude is wearing full faced helmet...erm...

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
spray bottom up? Kena the assailant's neck is effective too because the gas will get trapped in the visor and he will be forced to rub/cover his eyes and open the visor.
the only way that the gas will spread behind the visor, i was thinking the same too. after d assailant open the visor then spray kaw2 directly to d face:rofl:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If only can use pepper spray, just target the whole head and also like PocRoc mentioned, spray the neck area too. So its like spraying the thing with your hand movement like washing a car. Some particles will go inside and make that robber harder to breath and sting its senses.

My personal tip: Buy a decent pepper spray that has wider spray area and higher spray flow lol

But if the dude is wearing full faced helmet...erm...
I think buying a spray that is spraying like a water hose is better. Wider spray pattern spray lesser pepper out hahaaaaa

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
You can get 2 types... mist spray or jet stream spray. near or distant.. Some able to spray 15ft stream but you gotta be damn accurate. If its a direct hit then its effective but the mist for nearby is also effective

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Try and vapor this

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
The vapor still leaks in if you spray from under... or the front vent. This dude still needs to breath right?

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
well i have been trap inside lift, when 1 of the lady who carried the pepper spray and accidentally spray it inside the lift, for the next 2 second, u will be coughing like mad, hence make sure spray it where cloth can absorb, lolz

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Wah, all of you are thinking in the correct lines! :congrats:

During the demo, I was told to spray, not on the neck (smaller target), but on the chest area (larger target area) as close as possible to the face. The pepper fumes will irritate his nostrils and eyes, eventually making it harder to chase or harass you. It is not recommended to spray up close (that is why it is difficult to spray directly under his helmet visor) but from 8-10 feet away from the target.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

well i have been trap inside lift, when 1 of the lady who carried the pepper spray and accidentally spray it inside the lift, for the next 2 second, u will be coughing like mad, hence make sure spray it where cloth can absorb, lolz
Wah, this one can make police report against the lady ...

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
the problem is she was actually reaching in her bag for a BUNCH of keys and when she pulled up the keys and accidentally press it and said "shoot"(the actual word is related to faeces) and act nothing happened,zzz happened at Jaya 1...forever remember that smell...zzz

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
i smell it often, it's like a skunk's defensive spray but with more spice. Some ppl cannot stand the skunk's stench but i don't find it that bad

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda has decided to expand a recall related to a defect in the driver’s SRS airbag installed on certain vehicles produced in 2001 and 2002 and has issued a notification in North America and Japan. This recall also will be conducted in other affected regions/countries. The total number of vehicles subject to this expanded recall is 437,763 units worldwide.

Based on our ongoing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience