How to get high pitched exhaust sound???

andrew_lsp

Known Member
Oct 12, 2008
with inline four engine is hard to achieve high pitch sound almost impossible
make it simple you need at least 6 cylinder no matter v,flat,line
and you can only have header(extractor) directly connected to the muffler(yoshimura exhaust=super bike exhaust)around 1.2k make it as short as possible roughly the muffler will be underneath your gear console area yet the power will only come during high rpm

i was think before to do that but lastly the project scrapped

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Man, Hey all thanks for the great and amazing and detailed info. I Finally decided to go for that deep low sound, its much more simpler and apparently output is better. However Lets keep this thread open for discussion for others who want and can achieve an amazing high pitched noice like Carrera GT, Ferrari Spyder & Lexus LF-A

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
moto exhaust leh? last time saw FC put in superbike muffler...i felt damn disoriented... :laugh: seeing a sports car but sounded like superbike..but its all cool :top:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
but the superbike exhaust not cheap.....:love:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
u can fetch a girl who's afraid of speed and when she screams, you can get the high pitch sound lo... :idea::rofl:

just kidding... good luck with ur exhaust project :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
nahhh.....

just convert your car's engine to use superbike's engine like hayabusa 1.3 or r1 1.0 or gtr1.4

then u'll get high-pitched sound from cross-plane crankshaft design....

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
need to know what is the capacity of the engine then can give advice. Can make it like F1 car also.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Fastest way; transplant 6A12 from FTO and have as much unrestricted exhaust as possible. There's certainly no replacement for cylinders when it comes to sound. It's like normal guitar vs guitar with 2 strings.

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
u can fetch a girl who's afraid of speed and when she screams, you can get the high pitch sound lo... :idea::rofl:

just kidding... good luck with ur exhaust project :biggrin:
LOL! GOOD ONE! :smile:

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

nahhh.....

just convert your car's engine to use superbike's engine like hayabusa 1.3 or r1 1.0 or gtr1.4

then u'll get high-pitched sound from cross-plane crankshaft design....
What? You can convert car to use superbike engine? D: More power ke? lol

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Ferrari exhaust? No need lah, go buy ferrari straight away :idea: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
lol, didnt know you could even buy a ferrari exhaust :driver:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
A ferrari exhaust put on a wira 1.6 will sound like lorry with broken exhaust. Some more can hear the car struggle screaming for 5 minutes before can visually see the car coming from far away. I don't know why our people STILL generally think that the bigger the better or, put a superbike muffler on a car will make a car sounds like a superbike. Same like during late 80's. Don't know what to say.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Okay, this morning i wake up i just realise that my civic hatch, which is already 17 years old next year counted.
there is a small part of bubble( karat i think) starting to popped out, and i know that it will infect the others. so i call my mech la.. so he tell me, "to be honest la, i also told u already, if the body old liao, rust sure will appear.. den will got hole come out if more worst. if wan to fix leh, u grind it out, cover with wad... den wad... den spray... who knows, mayb half...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience