Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

how to DIY undercarridge LED light?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
eh.. it will be abandone for some time... heheh.. no time to do it yet...

all just normal LEDs... using a 1Kohm resistor to reduce the voltage..

khguan become damn expert already la.. from fluorescent light to LED undercarriage already

eh... no expert la... mine very simple circuit only... will abandon this project for sometime... got free time only do...

haha... why abandon la??... let us see the result ma... hahaha.... actually i also lazy do lar... i got the LEDs adi... all components got oledi... but, do i really need it??... will it affect my battery load??.... scared use too much power, battery kong vr fast....

khguan said:
can... u wanto use as spotlight... get those 21 LEDs torchlight... better... 14 LEDs dun seem bright enough for driving purposes...

but make sure u get the right input voltage to the torch light...

dude

so by using a resistor(s?) you can change 12volt to 6 volt?

hmm.... if so, might try la.... install adi become lala chai also nvm.... hahaha...

*my friend say cars with undercarridge lights are lala chai car*

ninja_iga said:
dude

this i also not sure ler sifoo... coz as far as i know, resistor only reduce current... if to reduce voltage, u need a voltage regulator.....

to halve the voltage, try connect this way with R1=R2.

12Vdc --R1-------o-----6Vout
|
R2
|
Gnd

PS: connect R2 to Gnd at the mark o. I can't align the lines to its exact conenction :P

Last edited:
ninja_iga said:
dude

errr.. i guess using 680ohm should be fine... connect in series... but this is only applicable for LEDs as the load is very small... for stuff with higher current load, iti s not suitable to use resistor...

wyx said:
to halve the voltage, try connect this way with R1=R2.

12Vdc --R1-------o-----6Vout
|
R2
|
Gnd

PS: connect R2 to Gnd at the mark o. I can't align the lines to its exact conenction :P

Erm.. no recommend using this way to get 6Vdc, output voltage easy to change when load parallel connect with R2.

Try using LM317 - Adjustable Regulator, u can get the stable 6Vdc voltage with few passive components in circuit....

LM317 Datasheet

For constant current load with very low current, like driving LEDs, use resistor to drop the volatges is fine.
If intended to use the 6V to drive variable load, then using LM317 to regulate the Vout is preferred. If intended to drive heavy load, then use LT1083-5 which can supply up to 7.5A. It's all depends on the application.

yup.. wyx... i agree with you....

but the schematic that you provided, i dont think it's suitable to drive the LED, maybe you just want to show how to easily get the 6Vdc by using few resistors.... but it's under w/o load(LED) condition. When there is a load... it's another thing... i just dont want other people to get confused... coz not every people has the basic knowledge of electronic....

just my 2 cents.. hope that u don't mind... :regular_smile:

oh my god u guys .... lighting/wiring technician issit ??? lolzzz.... i dun know a single thing u're saying ... damn ..... wat dunno wat volt la this n that ....... goin crazy... :rofl:

hahaha.... all engineer are talking.... i also keep silent only.... i noobie.....

SkYwAlKeR said:
hahaha.... all engineer are talking.... i also keep silent only.... i noobie.....

we noobies ... jom lets just go mamak n yamcha watch football hhahaahaha!! :rofl: maybe can teach the satay stall sellers how to install neon lights under their stalls or somethin....

nitrus said:
we noobies ... jom lets just go mamak n yamcha watch football hhahaahaha!! :rofl: maybe can teach the satay stall sellers how to install neon lights under their stalls or somethin....
haha.... later they say no need la.... they got charcoal red hot light.... no need neon.... lolz....

spot light not ok....

they consume lots of current.. n heats up alot... if kena flood.. then gone... if the heat gets to the fuel line... u are gone...

no pblm tylaxng, we just share-share and learn idea here :)

to those who likes to play with LEDs but not too familiar with them, try this to calculate the required resistor value for your circuit. Have fun :)

A Post Every 5 Mins

I only had 50 minutes to detail this 21 yrs old Merz E 300
how to prepare it for a royalty ride

i just recovered from a fever for 4 days, the same time 2 days ago, my friend requested me to help him to detail his ride before fri....I say YES

kindly view the process & pics before here & written & shot by the owner himself http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2010/06/mercedes-e-300-just-detail-in-50.html...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom