[Help] Turbine issue...

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi All,
My car is installed with 4G61t. Currently facing some problems.
1. Themostat small pipe to turbine is likely to be broken. This time is 2nd time. Any ideal how to solve this problem?
2. boost too high around 1.2 bar. i did not do anything to the engine like installing fishbone or boost controller. Standard is just like that... how to lower the boost level? please help...

is it the 2nd problem will cause the first problem occurs?

Thanks you... please help...

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Found some information from google. Someone claims that adjust wastegate can reduce the boost. is it true?

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
yo kk,

wastegate controls ur boost level, try check the actuator valve should be slow in response to open sooner, don't overboost the engine without additional fueling....

u from penang too??? i just transplanted my GSR, will recommend u go to Mpower look for Ah han or ah loy, they are quite good, but dun get them to brainwash u into modding further hahaha, perhaps we can go out for a cup of coffee when free.....

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi kenneth,
Sure! No problem for teh tarik at any time. Suspected actuator is the main problem. But one thing is suprising me that boosting at 1.2 doesn't bring me a problem. There is no overboost sypthom at all! Car just smooth. Someone advices me not to go and adjust anything but keep like that because scare that after "re-fine", there will be even more problem... emm... I'm confuse...

Hi flushafteruse,
If leaks, my boost won't go high, isn't it? In fact will loose power some more... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks you.

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
KK,

hmmm in my honest opinion, ur pushing ur engine to the limit, boosting beyond its original spec, furthermore 1.2 bar is high but still should be 'ok', my GSR's standard boost max is only 0.8, if one day i will also dare go higher to 1 bar, but the most prob 1.1 or 1.2, and to reach to that i would suggest getting an FPR, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, for this high boost, u need MISSION CRITICAL EFFICIENT fuel delivery, coz the whole purpose of installing FPR + fuel pump is when u need more fuel, if u wan go further, possible get a new set of performance fuel pump, then use ur FPR to adjust accordingly, just to makesure the fuel delivery is smooth, i dun think it's necessary to upgrade the injectors at the moment coz i believe ur using TD04 still, and unless u upgrade bigger turbine with more air then more fuel is ESSENTIAL, remember running lean in one power run will cause extreme damage to ur engine internals.....also to make things even perfect is to get emanage to tune the whole fuel delivery / proper boost controller..... but of coz all these are expensive sigh sigh....

happy boosting

p/s: perhaps we can meet in MPOWER one day on one fine saturday, my hp 012-4489468....

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
try changing the actuator rod. sometimes when the actuator rod bengkok, boost will increase

flushafteruse

2,000 RPM
Jun 2, 2004
fire down below
Hi flushafteruse,
If leaks, my boost won't go high, isn't it? In fact will loose power some more... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks you.[/quote]

wrong bro,how bout u try cabut the hose,i think u will love it..free high boost
thats why the manual boost controller install there for bleed the air out n turbine will produce more pressure(boost) to the actuator

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi Kenneth,
Sure. No problem for me. You could reach me at Maxis-5041988. I will keep your words as my reference.

Hi flushafteruse,
Em... okay. Got your point.

Hi all,
Now if I install the "manual-boost-controller", will it help to reduce my boost?

Thanks you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought a 1992 Mira (Thai-built) 3 cylinder carb with a blown motor. I will be buying a second-hand EFI motor from Japan for it. The shop that will be installing my next motor has warned me to stay away from Turbo motors. Apparently the parts can be expensive and hard to find here in Thailand but I will ask the motor shop if they stock all the parts for these motors as the shop is massive!

I was previously thinking about the JB-DET as it seems to have the most power at lowest RPM, or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience