Help on Satria Suspension

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
Hi friends, after 1 year plus of driving satria 1.3 which I bought it as 2nd hand car, the time reached for suspension upgrade. The suspension become too stiff and planning to change it. Firstly, I'm not going for the adjustables, might be later on. For now, would like to get sport springs to be matched with stock/sport absorbers. These are the options in my mind:

1) GAB sport spring + Kayaba absorber
2) GAB sport spring + IMPROVE sport absorber

I'm still a student, so cost is my main consideration. I'm not sure whether the height going to be very low or just nice (slightly lowered). I'm looking for 2 1/2 finger gap on front wheel and 3 finger gap on rear wheel. Don't prefer the height to be very low. I'm running on 195/50/15...

So friends, please advice me about the options I have and suggest if there is better option. My budget around rm650++... Hope you guys can help me here... Thanks a lot in advance...:rofl:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
gab spring with APM gas absorber that was for wira/satria 1.6/1.8

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
May as well keep the money and straight change adjustable...better... this is just my opinion... :)

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
gab spring with APM gas absorber that was for wira/satria 1.6/1.8
I don't think so bro, GAB sport spring available for wira/satria 1.3.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

May as well keep the money and straight change adjustable...better... this is just my opinion... :)
Is was my option earlier... the cheapest can be found is HWL, RM1300++ if not mistaken... Just wondering about its reliability, how long can it sustain before the next service. But currently planning to get a VOGTLAND sport spring to be matched with sport absorber, yet it gonna cost me RM1.2k ++...
Still under confusion... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

yup..or sapura spring is worth considering...
But I read that sapura springs have sagging problem after a year of usage...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I don't think so bro, GAB sport spring available for wira/satria 1.3.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Is was my option earlier... the cheapest can be found is HWL, RM1300++ if not mistaken... Just wondering about its reliability, how long can it sustain before the next service. But currently planning to get a VOGTLAND sport spring to be matched with sport absorber, yet it gonna cost me RM1.2k ++...
Still under confusion... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

But I read that sapura springs have sagging problem after a year of usage...

thats why i says combo with wira/satria 1.6 absorber...its plug n play...plus damping for 1.6 wira is better than 1.3 models....

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
Until u got your best mix setup u have spend more than the price of an adjustable. KYB RS Pro not bad can consider it...
I am currently using one. Last time I am like u...from Original abs and spring change cap ayam sport spring and no good... so change to full set APM PerforMax abs and spring...used after 1 year... change to KYB normal Abs and is good but cannot match with the APM sport spring...so now change to KYB RS pro and is RM1650 perset.... After I change to adjustable I only realize that I have wasted so much money on change abs and spring.. should have save the money and change to adjustable better but must make the right choice cause you only have 1 shot to get the right one or else have to spend more money again.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Or you can go for pomenGTR idea quite a good setup...but is up to you to to decide.. do more survey and think before you make a move to change.

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
Thx for sharing your experience bro... KYB RS pro is in my option too, but its too soft if not mistaken... still gathering more info on HWL, GAB & Kayaba... Really need to decide and change... Thx again bro... :proud:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
btw....i'm currently using HWL hi-lo...more than a year already and still good....

not too hard (nobody complains) instead they says my proton's ride like BMW... :biggrin:

with stability at highspeed without causing too much discomfort or harsh ride......spring combo is 6k(f)/4k(r)...my car was satria also btw... :driver:

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
btw....i'm currently using HWL hi-lo...more than a year already and still good....

not too hard (nobody complains) instead they says my proton's ride like BMW... :biggrin:

with stability at highspeed without causing too much discomfort or harsh ride......spring combo is 6k(f)/4k(r)...my car was satria also btw... :driver:
thx for the info bro... btw, ur's 1.3, 1.5 or 1.6?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Mine was 1.6....

There isn't much different la between 1.3 1.5 1.6, only spring rate,absorber damping and antiroll bar size different

burn1892

Jun 19, 2013
PENANG
Mine was 1.6....

There isn't much different la between 1.3 1.5 1.6, only spring rate,absorber damping and antiroll bar size different
hi there

i have a satria 1.3 (m).,

are 1.6 suspensions exactly pnp or need mods? found out from some forums that i have to change abs seats or top cover..something like that..if yes pls mention the things/parts apart from the abs&spring themselves.

also want to know if i can use 1.6 springs for 1.3 abs, will that have any difference?

currently looking at kyb oil front & kyb gas rear + apm normal springs, as i want comfort:performance to be around 80:20.
price is also cheap rm470 (abs+spring), as for 1.3.
1.6 pricing should not go too far beyond that i guess.
appreciate ur input. TIA

sorry for bumping old thread:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,
i running on a 4g93t and plan to squeeze in a little more power into my ride.i heard a 2litre stroker kit can be fitted.question is where can i source the stroker kit from or which garage does,this kinda conversion?it would be great help if you guys can help.
oh ya one more thing which u guys can help me diagnose.my rev kinda fall to below 300rpm and sometimes engine will just die off.is it because of the throttlebody that needs to be replace?it happens once in a while but more...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience