HELP! Car vibrates after 1 hour on Highway

mattemuang

Jan 12, 2008
Hi ZTH members! I really really really need you guy's help on this problem. I drive a Proton Satria Mivec 2002.
When I do my daily driving around PJ, the car is like normal. But once i hit the highway on the way to ipoh, around 1 hour and a half later, my car vibrates and gives out a sound something like "Doop Doop Doop". It feels like as if im driving over the small reflector lights on the road. AND THIS ONLY HAPPENS AFTER MORE THAN 1 HOUR.

Everytime when this happens, i stop at the nearest R&R and wait for 20 minutes, and the vibration goes away. But will come back after 1 hour AGAIN ! Also, it feels like the vibration is coming from the left tyre.

What could be the cause of this ? I already changed my left driveshaft. It couldnt be bent rims cause this vibration only occurs after an hour. Because TIME is the factor, it probably has to do with HEAT right? But what is heating up and causing this ???!!!

Could it be the CV joint ??

Hope u guys will respond ! THX

mattemuang

Jan 12, 2008
sorry, but why would it be the brake system when it vibrates when im not braking?

Oh, and one more thing, the vibration appears only when im accelerating. When in neutral/downhill, theres no vibration.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
is there any more info u can tell about this issue then? have u just changed the cluth system tak?

mattemuang

Jan 12, 2008
is there any more info u can tell about this issue then? have u just changed the cluth system tak?
nope, i did not just change the clutch system. another thing is when i start to move the car and turn a hard left, there will be a "KLUCK" sound... During the vibration, the steering does not vibrate, i only can feel the left side vibrate. YET, i dont know if its the engine vibrating or tyre. Vibration feels like driving across those speed breaker yellow lines or small reflector lights.

The faster i accelerate, the faster and stronger the vibration. But only after one hour. HAIHz...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dats the thing sir, it only happens after an hour jer, i tot it was temperature related..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the best way is to let a mechanic drive it and diagnose from there sir, get a competent mechanic to check dat out

mattemuang

Jan 12, 2008
The problem is, the mechanic wouldnt know because he would have to drive it for at least an hour on the highway for the vibration to start.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
The problem is, the mechanic wouldnt know because he would have to drive it for at least an hour on the highway for the vibration to start.
then i guess you should let him drive it for an hour or until the vibration appears best to just get it fixed up :top:

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
my tyre got little balloon on inside make it vibrate on highway and feel up n down when drive slowly..change tyre problem solved
..try check yr tyre n rim first

mattemuang

Jan 12, 2008
my tyre got little balloon on inside make it vibrate on highway and feel up n down when drive slowly..change tyre problem solved
..try check yr tyre n rim first
thanks... yea, i will probably get the tyres and rims checked and also drive shaft... i hope its nothing to do with my engine =(

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
could it be absorbers problem? or mounting?

best if u can provide some videos or more details bro..
does it always happens ngam ngam after 1 hour? or only sometimes?
during the time it happens, how fast were u driving?

try bring it to a workshop to check first.. jack the car up high and see below if there is anything not norm, especially around the joints arnd the left wheel as u feel it is that area of problem

can try use hand and manually move it, see can find the same noise coming out or not

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
change the gearbox fluid 1st..

u said it occurs after it's warm & during acceleration..

change the fluid 1st, then see what happen..

:biggrin:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
y not u drive for an hour... :driver: go to workshop...ask the pomen to drive :driver: and let the pomen figures wats wrong...

this is really a guessing game...unless there's more info...

if u do found the solution do keep this thread updated...
i'd like to know also....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can we use those SGTI steering on wajas/wiras? especially those with airbag "burst" ones coz cheaper.

once the SRS/airbag "burst", how do they put it back? buy a new airbag or buy new steering?

any idea?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience