Help! I really need some advice & help

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
For almost a month now...my IS250 have been given me a problem where after awhile of driving (normally)...suddenly 3 indicator lights came on simultaneously PLUS some words in Japanese (mine is Japan spec) telling me about VSC which i could figure out....The three lights that illuminates are The Triangle warning light (in Red), The Check Engine (in Yellow) & the Anti-Skid or VSC (in yellow)...The snapshot will tell you what they are....

Since its a Japanese spec...i roughly have an idea that the VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) has some problem....However i have no idea what the 3 lights that comes on means and why? So do you guys know what really the problems are? and what solutions or advice i should take to resolved this matters....Any recommended workshop that can do this?...Please, your kind help & advice are very much appreciated...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The 3 lights probably connected problem. CEL comes on when ECU detect anything not right, so could be the VSC problem, same for car skid light. Best to go back to SC for diagnostic check....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For almost a month now...my IS250 have been given me a problem where after awhile of driving (normally)...suddenly 3 indicator lights came on simultaneously PLUS some words in Japanese (mine is Japan spec) telling me about VSC which i could figure out....The three lights that illuminates are The Triangle warning light (in Red), The Check Engine (in Yellow) & the Anti-Skid or VSC (in yellow)...The snapshot will tell you what they are....

Since its a Japanese spec...i roughly have an idea that the VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) has some problem....However i have no idea what the 3 lights that comes on means and why? So do you guys know what really the problems are? and what solutions or advice i should take to resolved this matters....Any recommended workshop that can do this?...Please, your kind help & advice are very much appreciated...

I found this online : https://hiride.com/toyota-vsc-check-engine-lights-on/

"A common problem with Toyota vehicles is the owner may find the “VSC OFF” and “Check Engine” lights illuminated simultaneously. VSC stands for “Vehicle Stability Control“. It is likely that “Traction Control” will not work while this light is illuminated. On some vehicles, the “skidding vehicle” or “TRAC OFF” light may also be lit.

Most Toyota owners will find that when the Check Engine and VSC lights are lit, there is a problem with an O2 Sensor or gas cap. Try tightening or replacing the gas cap for a hopefully cheap fix.

To be sure of the problem you may want to take your vehicle to an Auto Zone or NAPA store to have them plug in a code reader to determine the problem. Another option would be to take the vehicle in for service.

If your problem turns out to be O2 sensor related, you can continue driving the vehicle without problems, but you may not achieve appropriate gas mileage.

O2 sensors can be difficult or easy to replace yourself depending on the vehicle. Some require access under the vehicle, while others are accessible under the hood."

Maybe you just need to tighten your gas cap?

On another thread for IS250s it said it's the air-fuel sensor needs replacing.

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I found this online : https://hiride.com/toyota-vsc-check-engine-lights-on/

"A common problem with Toyota vehicles is the owner may find the “VSC OFF” and “Check Engine” lights illuminated simultaneously. VSC stands for “Vehicle Stability Control“. It is likely that “Traction Control” will not work while this light is illuminated. On some vehicles, the “skidding vehicle” or “TRAC OFF” light may also be lit.

Most Toyota owners will find that when the Check Engine and VSC lights are lit, there is a problem with an O2 Sensor or gas cap. Try tightening or replacing the gas cap for a hopefully cheap fix.

To be sure of the problem you may want to take your vehicle to an Auto Zone or NAPA store to have them plug in a code reader to determine the problem. Another option would be to take the vehicle in for service.

If your problem turns out to be O2 sensor related, you can continue driving the vehicle without problems, but you may not achieve appropriate gas mileage.

O2 sensors can be difficult or easy to replace yourself depending on the vehicle. Some require access under the vehicle, while others are accessible under the hood."

Maybe you just need to tighten your gas cap?

On another thread for IS250s it said it's the air-fuel sensor needs replacing.
thank you very much bro.....a much needed answer to my questions that i've been looking for so long....appreciated it bro....you really helped me....thanks again

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifu;s & fren's, my close relatives car had been stolen this morning below is the car descriptions :

Proton Iswara sedan
colour: blue
plate no : WFJ 5715
last seen locations : near Carrefour Peel Road, Kuala lumpur.

I hope ZTH member can help to locate this car.
I know this is a very ordinary car, but it means much to its owner.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience