Myvi 1.5 engine sounds ... urgent need help!

powerman

Dec 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Im currently using a myvi1.5 bought it around april. During my 2nd service i notice there was a rough sound coming out from my engine when i rev up my rpm to 1k. They told me it was my water pump making noise so they did change it (warranty). they sound was there and it got louder after about using it another 5k km then i went to the SC to check and they ask me to change my water pump again but i refuse because they did not rectify the problem and they want to change my water pump again so they said they want me to leave my car at SC for a week. That is the problem till today and i got another funny sound when im driving but i only get this whistling sound when the car is rev up to 5k rpm in D but when the gear is in neutral i rev the car there is not whistling sound . need some advice from sifu's. thanks.

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
normally water pump noise is giant rat inside punya noise.

maybe some recording on the noise. Belting probs?

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
at 5K RPM and whistling sound , my guess would be, a puncture in the exhaust system... a small hole which will create whistling effect, usually at the front or the engine

belting too create whistle like ... trouble shoot sound problem from desktop doens't make diagnostic any easier.

you might wan to trouble shoot again this way

1- DRIVE on highway, try at different RPM and speed
2- PUT on N, try at different RPM

observe the noise, the volume, does it show up suddenly or gently,
does it fade or gain with RPM/Speed changes

or last of all, send it in warranty ! hahahaa

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good evening everyone.
This is a Subaru Forester 3rd Generation which we would like to share with everyone.

It was as early as 7:30am in the morning,we arrive at this beautiful car's garage. Wow!! It was indeed a perfect sight. However, let the pictures share with you of what we did. Sit back and relax:

Upon arrival at the scene,it looks good

Rear view...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience