Forced Induction or Not??

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Big power is easy to be attained with siput.

Big power must be balanced with good setup of suspension, good tyres, brakes and other handling stuffs to make the best out of the car.

Nobody want to run huge horsepower engine but the car is driven on, say...expired tyres, yes?
I have hear from owners that have huge hp in the engine. Wheel spin is as easy as ABC for them......but some owners would kecut when driving these monster in rain...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Addictive to be exact. :)

You also need to fully convert to AWD if want to have more power.
Oh! yah! addictive until follow bro. ken.........:biggrin:

Is more fun driving 2WD, must learn to control the power

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
FR, FF or 4WD has their own merits......I don't think one is simply better fun that the other.

hotfootpowder

Jun 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the sprintex sc comes with either intercooler or non-intercooler. price difference is close to 6k, but with our hot weather, maybe the intercooler is a safer option. stock 86 is about 160whp. the intercooler can gain up to 250-270whp. non-intercool is around 220whp.

I guess heat is a main issue, so if possible an oil cooler would also be a good option.

looking at conservative tuning. don't want to push it too far. I love the 86's handling, but coming out of the corner just frustrates me. I have a golf 7 tsi, and although it's overall slightly slower, it actually feels a bit more urgent cause the torque come in earlier. and the 86 also has a torque dip around 3k rpm... it's like suddenly it ran out of breath....

I'm ordering the sc kit direct from sprintex, so I need advice for a good installer and ecutek tuner. sprintex advised me to go to ATS auto in sunway, but I'm keeping my options open for other installer/tuner that u guys know has a good reputation. tried to contact n1, but no reply. maybe I should give them a visit.

thanks a lot in advance guys for helping out.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Oh! yah! addictive until follow bro. ken.........:biggrin:

Is more fun driving 2WD, must learn to control the power
2wd if rwd then yes, but fwd has much more limitations to handle bigger power and will easily understeer on the throttle mid corner if got big power and eats up the front tires much faster.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
2wd if rwd then yes, but fwd has much more limitations to handle bigger power and will easily understeer on the throttle mid corner if got big power and eats up the front tires much faster.
If going with more power then yes, but with 200 horses, 2WD front drive has some wild power to play with....:biggrin:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
the sprintex sc comes with either intercooler or non-intercooler. price difference is close to 6k, but with our hot weather, maybe the intercooler is a safer option. stock 86 is about 160whp. the intercooler can gain up to 250-270whp. non-intercool is around 220whp.

I guess heat is a main issue, so if possible an oil cooler would also be a good option.

looking at conservative tuning. don't want to push it too far. I love the 86's handling, but coming out of the corner just frustrates me. I have a golf 7 tsi, and although it's overall slightly slower, it actually feels a bit more urgent cause the torque come in earlier. and the 86 also has a torque dip around 3k rpm... it's like suddenly it ran out of breath....

I'm ordering the sc kit direct from sprintex, so I need advice for a good installer and ecutek tuner. sprintex advised me to go to ATS auto in sunway, but I'm keeping my options open for other installer/tuner that u guys know has a good reputation. tried to contact n1, but no reply. maybe I should give them a visit.

thanks a lot in advance guys for helping out.

Try GT Auto. They are reputable. I go there all the time to dyno. But i see many cars sending there for tuning and repairs and mods. Honest straight forward ppl there. Look for Thomas.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Evecars.com, a British website and a woman’s guide to cars recently interviewed 100 guys to see which car women should buy to impress a guy. There were shock findings in it like a Land Rover Defender, but do keep in mind, that the guys they interviewed were all British ‘blokes’. Here’s the list:

Top 10 cars to turn men's heads

1. 1955-63 Mercedes 300SL Roadster
2. Porsche 911
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience