Ferrari unveils 2011 F1 challenger w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The Prancing Horse have revealed their latest pony that will shoulder the team’s hopes in the 2011 season of Formula One, dubbed the Ferrari F150, at the team’s headquarters in Maranello on Friday.

The impact of last year’s final-race heartbreak could still be felt and the Italian team are going to great guns to ensure that they can make up for it this year, with the designers penning an incredibly aggressive design.

Teething problems at the start of the season with new cars are not uncommon for many of the teams, and Ferrari’s team principal Stefano Domenicalli admitted that the outfit lost ground during that stage last year, so he is keen for the F150 to be competitive right out of the box.

“For 2011 our goals are very clear, that we are aiming to win both the titles, constructors' and drivers' titles, this must be the goal of our team. And so the expectations, that of being able to have a car competitive from the start, a reliable car, a strong car, and I have to say that we've seen this last year,” he said to the media during the launch.

“If you're not perfect within such a competitive environment, with opponents that are so strong with teams, which also varied numerically, then it becomes difficult to win,” he added.

The team is hopeful that morning fog will clear up in time for Fernando Alonso to have a crack at the F150 at its Fiorano test track later in the day for some promotional filming. Felipe Massa will get his chance behind the wheel for further shake down tests the next day before the team heads to Valencia for the car’s first proper testing session of the year.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T22_6KMCZbc" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>
Source: Autosport

Attachments

kevindass

Oct 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks guys, clever-design,
the red-white at the livery is Marlboro sponsor, wondering how they can get away with it.
im still waiting for the MP4-26

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
the triangular thingy is so familiar :biggrin:

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
Excellent indirect brand placement.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Published: Thursday February 10, 2011 MYT 6:33:00 AM
Updated: Thursday February 10, 2011 MYT 6:35:11 AM
Ford sues Ferrari over use of F150 name for racing

DETROIT: Ford Motor Co. has sued Ferrari in Detroit federal court, saying the sports car maker has violated its trademark over the pickup truck name F-150.

The suit is based on Ferrari's naming of its new Formula 1 racing car the "F150," and its creation of the website Ferrari F150 - Live from Maranello, presentation of the brand new ferrari single-seater.

Dearborn-based Ford says in Wednesday's filing that its trademark is being harmed, and the suit asks a judge to block Ferrari from using the trademark in the U.S.

Ford also seeks unspecified damages from Ferrari.

A message seeking comment was left for Ferrari officials at the company's Modena, Italy headquarters through U.S. spokesman Matteo Sardi.

Ferrari's website says the "F150" marks the 150th anniversary of the unification of Italy.
Source: The Star :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai sifuz,
i m new to car racing world..
recently i bought wira 1.5(m) se..
i like to modify it...
but dowan change engine..
can u help me to modify..
plz tel me detail..including price..
tq:driver::driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience