Electronic Light Pressure Cai

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
ALO GUYZ... i already makes some eksperimen on my car.......electronic light pressure CAI..huhuhuhu....the result is better....it is good... well so good.....come take a look some pictures.....hehehehehehhe

kancil CAI

platipus_85

Apr 29, 2005
looks great,isst really work, i mean in term of power improvement..coz previously saw sumone done this but using the fan to swirl the air coming through,but thi fan using power,hope it be more improvement...wanna ask,if the air coming through in high velocity,didnt it disturb the fixed speed of the fan???hope u understand my Q..thumbs up,creative..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
why not u connect the CAI hose directly to ur stock airbox so the engine sucks cold air directly from outside... no need use fans to blow cold air in...

jz my 2 cents... vr creative idea of urs.... malaysia boleh... haha...

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
oooo....no problem as long as there is no leak on the hose..even you dont switch on the fan it still will make the fan turn when yourRPM around 3000, this is because the air inside the hose will be a vacum and will suck everything in to it...and this will make the fan move according the pressure that the carburator suck the air....if your RPM at 5000 -6500...the fan will go extremely fast..... the switch is for when you in race mood... when the car is stand still... there will be an air because there is a fan inside it... even the fan is small but there is 3 fan inside it so the air blow is good....so you get an-extra air even you car not moving this is for pickup at first gear then come to second gear the fan is already moving and vacum suck the air that makes the fan move more quickly....and so-on.....

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
the fan is for to swing the air in the airbox....its light a surbo..system...but surbo doen't have fan...hehehehehehehe.... malaysia bole.!!!!

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
just a point: the suction of the engine will outweigh the suction done by the small computer fans regardless even if u put 10 in a row.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
for me causing more air restriction ..... doing CAI is the best ..... just my 2 cents .... anyway good job u have a nice hand work ....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeah, air restriction still do come into my mind.... if u are moving at low speed, it might help... but at higher speed with higher revs, it might face some air restriction problems...

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
so there is some air restriction at higher speed la......but it seems there is some improvement on my pickup.....and you can hear air when it being suck....anyway it is just an experiment.....or just a prototype right........but im happy with it..hahahahahahaha malaysia bole!!!!!!!!!

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
i had this idea long time ago ..... last time when i work in the factory i seen exhaust that has a fan behind i mean in the pipings before it goes out to the muffler ..... is like a fan spin using ball bearings ..... i wonder if we use that fan to suck air since that fan is running freely not using any motor but ball bearings

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
waaaa....thats got idea......im trying to find a ball bearings fan to replace with this fan .....so the fan can move more freely but the fan cannot be so big la....it will be like a turbojet.... is like a small silinder fan with ball bearing .... i saw at accessories shop at RM300++.... so can anyone suggest if there any ball bearing fan at a size of computer fan.....???

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
just go to jalan pasar there and u can find those fans
will be using 12V and also has a variety of size
be it 80mm or 120mm
can also choose either ball bearing or sleeve bearing
kinda cheap also, about RM 20 something

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
last time i did the same thing but with different method.

i bought a 12v vacuum cleaner.. seal all the air holes/leaking with silicon paste. so just leave the air in and out the vacuum. i also cut off any parts inside the vacuum that will restrict the air flow inside vacuum (theres a lot actually). then i take out the on off switch, sealed the opening with silicon too (the good thing about silicon is it will not change shape or melt due to the engine heat). before i finalize the sealing, connect a long wire from the vacuum motor (extend the vacuum cigarette lighter plug wire) into my car, so can control from inside my car when drive. the vacuum air inlet i glued with washing machine hose, extend under my hood to the side hood opening gap. another air outlet also with hose to the airbox (i poke a hole at the airbox and glue securely).

the air pressure is great! really a good start in gear one! do not bent the hose in ur engine bay too much! the sound air sucking in before u start is awsome. dun worry when u gain speed as the air pumped in wont interrupted by the air from the stock airbox. infact, the air will keep ur airbox cool!

hint:do not turn the vacuum cleaner for long period. suggested is 10min max when moving. the motor might burnt!

happy DIY !!

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
waa.... going to be kinda like a mini turbocharger adi....
yeah, this is how turbocharger works... they force air to enter using fan blades....

bravo, u'vr jz created a microturbocharger... can sell as a product and say it saves petrol adi... hahaha....

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
hehehehehe...good.......i wil try it.......tengkiu...tengkiu.......any other suggestion.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Motorsports can soon be more accessible to the Singaporeans when the $380 million SG Changi Racing Hub completes by december 2011 with its first race, naturally a car event to commence on March 2012. Work has already started with Permits already issued last week on the 3.7km circuit. The Racing Hub is to come with F&B, a car museum, shopping areas and a racing school, which is just the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience