DIY anti-rust electronic thingy??

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
hi everyone

i receive an advertising mail, it saids
got things thing, u pasang to your car
it can stop rusting one... and 'electronically' stop the rusting

is there anyone out there got circuit diagram know how to do this thing? :) i really interested,,..
just like voltage stabilizer.. easy to do mar.. so i think this also.. just i dono how to do

anyone there got idea?

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
hi everyone..

quote from the mail :

RUST is a year-round menace!
We can’t deny that most MALAYSIAN Cars are exposed to salty environment, high temperature and humidity. These factors accelerated the risk of damages done on the vehicle body. Body repair and repaint maybe very costly, especially for Classic and Luxury Cars. Say goodbye to high cost of body repaintings… the technology is on the shore here.
Corrosion is a worldwide problem that cost people billions of dollars in losses every year.
Rust Prevention for Your Car or Truck with the most effective system....
RustStop® RS2000 - ELECTRONIC RUST PROTECTION

Protects the entire vehicle inside out – 24 hours a day
Suitable for new & Used vehicles
Effective in wet & dry conditions
Transferable between vehicles
Outputs 45V – Increased protection
Tested and Proven Worldwide

".....If a new car were to reach a certain stage of rustiness under severe conditions at 3 years of age, then with the (Rust Protection) device fitted the vehicle would take 12 years to experience the same degree of rust." -The Motorist Magazine -
General Overview
Gives protection in both wet and dry conditions.
Suitable for New and Used vehicles;
The Stabilizing Converter increases the systems ability to protect rusted areas.
RustStop protects the entire car, inside and outside, and even helps protect the exhaust system, which sprays cannot do.
Very affordable and transferable from vehicle to vehicle.
The only system to successfully combine both Impressed Current and Sacrificial Anode technologies.
Automatic cut-out oscillator to prevent discharge of battery over long periods when vehicle is not in use.
Simple and easy to install.
Available in 12V model suitable for vintage cars, cars, trucks etc.;
The only unit on the market that has four indicator lights i.e. Operate Light, Fault Light, Inspection Light and Battery Low Light.
Uses less battery current than most car alarm systems.
Will not interfere with other electrical installations.
Will not deteriorate plastics or discolour painted surfaces.
********LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY********

Chinese New Year PROMOTION PRICE at only RM399*
* Price valid for purchase in Malaysia only.
Normally selling price in Malaysia is RM499. compared to the internet, USD 169.00, which is nearly RM640.00. No middleman, we imported it direct from manufacturer. Price valid till 28 Feb 2005! Get yours NOW!!!
For more information, please contact us at

Email: [email protected]

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i think this product uses the electrolisis concept... from wat i understand.. it uses a metal which attract rust more than our car metal body...

i remember in my secondary school kimia.. my teacher say those big ships/boats with metal body uses a kind of paint with something dat attract de rust more than de body metal.. something like dat lar.... so dat it de body wun rust...

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
you got it partly right.. it's 'electrochemical'. You might have probably learned this during school time. But this device (i believe) do not use a sacrificial metal.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
buy a role of magnesium stripes, keep them in a box with small holes for ventilation. Do not pack the stripes too close, connect one end of it to the body with 'effective contact'. Tara!! You got an antirust. Remember to check the stripe time to time, when it turns white on the surface, clean it using a brush or sand paper. Use until all the magenesium depletes. remember not to get the stuff in-contact with water.

This, was what my secondary chemistry teacher told me..

ae92levin

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Originally posted by sam1741@Jan 31 2005, 16:01
hi everyone..

quote from the mail :

RUST is a year-round menace!
We can’t deny that most MALAYSIAN Cars are exposed to salty environment, high temperature and humidity. These factors accelerated the risk of damages done on the vehicle body. Body repair and repaint maybe very costly, especially for Classic and Luxury Cars. Say goodbye to high cost of body repaintings… the technology is on the shore here.
Corrosion is a worldwide problem that cost people billions of dollars in losses every year.
Rust Prevention for Your Car or Truck with the most effective system....
RustStop® RS2000 - ELECTRONIC RUST PROTECTION

Protects the entire vehicle inside out – 24 hours a day
Suitable for new & Used vehicles
Effective in wet & dry conditions
Transferable between vehicles
Outputs 45V – Increased protection
Tested and Proven Worldwide

".....If a new car were to reach a certain stage of rustiness under severe conditions at 3 years of age, then with the (Rust Protection) device fitted the vehicle would take 12 years to experience the same degree of rust." -The Motorist Magazine -
General Overview
Gives protection in both wet and dry conditions.
Suitable for New and Used vehicles;
The Stabilizing Converter increases the systems ability to protect rusted areas.
RustStop protects the entire car, inside and outside, and even helps protect the exhaust system, which sprays cannot do.
Very affordable and transferable from vehicle to vehicle.
The only system to successfully combine both Impressed Current and Sacrificial Anode technologies.
Automatic cut-out oscillator to prevent discharge of battery over long periods when vehicle is not in use.
Simple and easy to install.
Available in 12V model suitable for vintage cars, cars, trucks etc.;
The only unit on the market that has four indicator lights i.e. Operate Light, Fault Light, Inspection Light and Battery Low Light.
Uses less battery current than most car alarm systems.
Will not interfere with other electrical installations.
Will not deteriorate plastics or discolour painted surfaces.
********LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY********

Chinese New Year PROMOTION PRICE at only RM399*
* Price valid for purchase in Malaysia only.
Normally selling price in Malaysia is RM499. compared to the internet, USD 169.00, which is nearly RM640.00. No middleman, we imported it direct from manufacturer. Price valid till 28 Feb 2005! Get yours NOW!!!
For more information, please contact us at

Email: [email protected]
i havent been in malaysia for a year but i dont remember a MOTORIST MAGAZINE

i dont think malaysia is that exposed to salty environment like many other countries unless u have a nice beach house of course

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
so.. how bout 'electronically'...
how can we do that..?
(without sacrifice metal)

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
Hello!This is Tee here and nice to meet you all. Please welcome to read and see some photos in my website( Saving Nissan Sentra ). I am here to share with you guys on how to cure the corrosion/rust onto our car body.

If you have any better idea please email to " [email protected] " or join to become a member, and chat in the forum at " http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...-car-roof-with-heapest-price-maybe-diy-3.html ". Very much thanks to you!

p/s: Will have more new update photos and articles into this website( Saving Nissan Sentra ) from time to time after my DIY experiment. Please stay tune!

Last edited:

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
Hello!This is Tee here and nice to meet you all. Please welcome to read and see some photos in my website( Saving Nissan Sentra ). I am here to share with you guys on how to cure the corrosion/rust onto our car body.

If you have any better idea please email to " [email protected] " or join to become a member, and chat in the forum at " http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...car-roof-with-cheapest-price-maybe-diy-3.html ". Very much thanks to you!

p/s: Will have more new update photos and articles into this website( Saving Nissan Sentra ) from time to time after my DIY experiment. Please stay tune!

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
It would be a lot cheaper using the magnesium method. I guess the "electronic anti-rust" feeds electrons to the metal to prevent it from rusting since metal must lose electrons in order for it to rust.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey Forumers,

As u guy know my last posting in this car crimes and security thead bout my car got broke in at USJ9 now this time in Sepang Track. Just got back from Drag Round1 there as all the race finish i walk to my car i found my front window was badly smash. Near by found a bamboo stick which is the weapon that use to hit my car, but non of my meters and other stuff were stolen. Guess some ppl really anti my car, but if so no need to take it out on my car. Find me then we sit down...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience