EG 6 problem...need sifu help..please

WhiteArrow

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
Klang
Hi Sifus,

Need opinion on the problem that i facing rite now.

I'm driving eg6. There are 2 problems with my car:

1) When i'm driving the car, i will smell strong smoke fumes in side my car. Fastest i go, stronger the smell come in. Have check exhaust system for any leak, nil finding.

2) I park car at open space parking. The thing is, when i going out for lunch, the aircond is not working. Can feel the air come in but not sejuk. after a while, the aircond start cooling the car. Usually will take about 30min. This only happen during day time i.e. afternoon, morning no prob. What i can see is, the aircond light indicator is not turn green although i have push it.

Anybody can help me?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
okie, i'll try to assist bro

1) u didnt mention wether u r using an auto or a manual tranny, and what the fume smells like. but, when u say the faster u go, the stronger the smell gets showed me maybe u have a slipping clutch. iam just guessing here as i cant really tell anything good from ur description, sorry ya..

2) ur aircond mite be working bro, as u said it gets colder, with time. does ur a/c unit gets colder when u r ONLY moving? if dats the problem, den u r definitely having problems with d a/c fan.
but, ur 5th sentence made me think dat maybe u r outta a/c gas, which when the atmosphere is cold, d a/c's gas is more dense and cools the cabin more eficiently. maybe u shud go check ur a/c gas pressure at any a/c shop bro, just to make sure. check ur switch just to make sure its functioning well k :)

WhiteArrow

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
Klang
xtremeleo,

The car is manual. The fume that i'm talking about is the same fume that you can smell from your exhaust.

Will check on the aircond.

Thanks bro.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
WhiteArrow said:
xtremeleo,

The car is manual. The fume that i'm talking about is the same fume that you can smell from your exhaust.

Will check on the aircond.

Thanks bro.
no problemo bro, i dont think its major as ur car and a/c unit r still functional although not as good as one hope :)

vantageX

Known Member
Apr 29, 2006
You could check your boot/hatch rubber seals. One way is to just pour water on the boot/hatch and check if any water leaks inside. Another more tedious way is to use a light inside your car, place it in the boot/hatch, tape up the rear glass with newspaper and then turn on the light. Make sure its very dark and if any light escapes then that's where your leak is. This is a bit of a big project though. :S

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,
Does anyone know of any shops in the Klang Valley area that do a decent job of spraying/painting brake calipers? Am thinking of having my Wira's calipers sprayed/painted red, have seen the DIY guide postings, but would rather have someone do it for me if the price is reasonable. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience