DIY repair water leaking

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
Not sure where the water coming from... But what i do know that the water pass through the rear bonnet rubber... So, by sealing that particular part the water won't come in... Right... Logically speaking... Thanks for the advice Jin tai kor and traize...

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
no prob same thing happened to me, shop ask rm60 to seal it when diy i use only RM12 tht also jus 1/4 of silicon i use

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
Any silicone brand will do? Suggest me a brand... cos afraid of buying the wrong thing... :biggrin:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
For me..Any Brand will do..just the colour have to be choose correctly..Erm , on average should be RM8 each..

Bump: Just an advice for me..In my case..but not too sure on your case..Since you are using silicon to deal with water leaking..Erm , sooner or later , there will be algae forming around the silicon if it is exposed to light..and there will be brown substances which is kinda dirty..Therefore , I would suggest you to go for Black Colour..

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
OWh... Thanks for ur advice looseand...

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
or u can buy the 1 tht abt expensive at ace hardware which will not turn yellow or grow algae, its around rm16, so far i use for 1 year plus ok, and it have money back guarantee it it ever turn yelow or grow algae

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
Traize, what's the silicone brand name? Ace Hardware brand r?

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
ace hardware brand, on the bottle say last up to 35 years,

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Not sure where the water coming from... But what i do know that the water pass through the rear bonnet rubber... So, by sealing that particular part the water won't come in... Right... Logically speaking... Thanks for the advice Jin tai kor and traize...
i think the 1st thing u shld do is put some newspaper inside ur trunk, then see where the water come from... 'catch' it out 1st... only decide wat shld do next...

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
ace hardware brand, on the bottle say last up to 35 years,
alrite... Thanks mate...

i think the 1st thing u shld do is put some newspaper inside ur trunk, then see where the water come from... 'catch' it out 1st... only decide wat shld do next...
will do... to confirm it... cos what i've done is... after wash my car, quickly pop the rear bonnet... and watch the water drip... saw the water come in from the taillight casing and the body... behind the rear panel...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
alrite... Thanks mate...

will do... to confirm it... cos what i've done is... after wash my car, quickly pop the rear bonnet... and watch the water drip... saw the water come in from the taillight casing and the body... behind the rear panel...
more simple... just seal the casing... mayb the casing crack or else liao...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all DIYer's. This are the method that I make to decrease engine bay temperature.
I don't have original picture, so I just grab it over the net.

1- Wrap extractor- engine bay temp significantly reduce after install this.

2- Raise a hood- With hood raised, hot air from engine bay can ventilate from the gap of the hood and wiper...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience