DIY-painted headlight

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
hello i own a waja.....i wanted to make my headlights black.....one shop is charging me 150 for painting my headlights black.....so i tot of DIY for it lah....my question is what type of spray paint to use....the headlight is like plastic crystal....will the paint stick.....

alvins

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
same here...but some ppl use sticker to stick them instead of spraying it... :D
cool huh...
the hard part is taking off the headlamp and the cermin...when u wanna stick it back.... must stick good good if not can bela ikan...haha

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
go buy dpi spray..about 15 per can..very nice effect..they are specially made to match out local car paint color...but not sure got flat black or not...

it wont peel off easily like other spray..if not then go to ace hardware to look for the premium paint...those really tahan lama..i spray my dashboard and even use my finger also cant peel off the paint..

malwinder

Known Member
May 18, 2005
melaka
malwinder.20fr.com
nope not smoked headlamps....spray the covering black but the lights still can see mah....got so many waja like tat....

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well.. the difficult part here is to dismantle de headlight glass n reflector... n putting it back after doing ur job....

well for spraying... i think normal Flat Black paint (RM5) should be good enough... i dun think it will peel off as de reflector thing is hard n enclosed in de casing....

yuzies

Known Member
Dec 14, 2006
1) Spray can RM 5, can these spray lasting err??? cause come out from bulb is hot temperature?

2) How about the reflection on the light come out? Its that no brightness especially during night time or same as before spraying in flat black color?

yuzies

Known Member
Dec 14, 2006
1) Spray can RM 5, can these spray lasting err??? cause come out from bulb is hot temperature?

2) How about the reflection on the light come out? Its that no brightness especially during night time or same as before spraying in flat black color?

U tried before?

chromeless1

Known Member
Jan 11, 2007
as for waja the head lamps are projector type, those reflector only help a little on reflecting the light out.. thats y many waja owners spray the chromed reflector into flat black.. it does look nicer.. if got more budjet put in ring on around the round shape on the reflector... got BMW lamp effect.. or just change into CCFL ring... very nice meh...

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
goto hardware shop (those that selling pipes, hammer, paku2.. at the shoplot).. then ask for flat black paint (hi temperature resistant one)..
that paint is good.

before u paint the plastic, use a fine sandpaper to make the shiny surface a little bit rough so the paint will stick stronger.

but i tell u, putting back together the headlamp is damn troublesome.
dats y i just put sticker. hehe

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
this diy sounds cool but i bet it's gonna take quite some time especially wit taking those headlights off and putting them back...u guys are spraying the reflector or the cover of the headlamp? i'm a lil confused here....

bro donCITYZ...ur stickers is it those tints that u stick on the headlamp?? i heard the light will be a lil dim after sticking them on...i'm planning to just change aftermarket headlamps but after checking this thread i might wanna diy myself...ehehe...

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
king_jamez...

my sticker is look like tint. but they are not exactly tint. they are stickers. got glue behind. i do not stick covering the whole lamp. i just do a nice shape at the sides only. u can see the effect at my signature photo there.

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
donCITYZ,
i thought u stick the whole headlamp to make it like those smoked effect...i can see from ur signature...but will it leave any sticky stain or peel off after a long period of time? and for my car the headlamp is already very small (civic eg)....if i stick that on then cannot see the headlamp alraedy...like mata sepet only...ahaha...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

well u see, i have this old perdana... not the V6 ones... but the older version (first batch of perdana).

i'm interested to change my engine .. im kinda sick with the old one.... what do u guys recommend ? im thinkin of interna twin turbo... what do u guys think ? do i have any other options ?

wouldnt want it to be too powerful tho... moderate would do...

oh btw... which modification is approved by the JPJs ? and plz recommend 1 which wont require massive maintenence ?

my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience