[diy] installation of evo 5/6 one piece headlights

cikaro71

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
I bought one piece headlights from this great seller :http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...l-city-and-vios-fog-lamp-complete-set-10.html
this headlight can fit to evo 5 and 6 only.

Allow me to share my experience how to install this headlights, maybe somebody can use it as reference.

Step 1: Preparation. Major tools required:
- Socket spanner (sorry, forgot the size).
- Philip screw driver (to adjust level)
- Hand drill (to take out the rivet)
- Jack (to lift the car)
- and...

Step 2: Remove the bumper.
- Jack the car until can go under it. (please, take safety precaution)
- From under the car, there is 2 bolts on the left and 2 bolts on the right to be taken out. This is the major bolt,
Other than that we can know it when slowly pull out the bumper. Took out all the bolts and nuts until bumper can be remove.

Step 3: Remove the lamp bracket. In order to install one piece headlights, the bracket need to be remove.
There are 4 rivet need to drill out as in the pic below. This bracket can be put back if want to install stock
headlamps later on, so dont throw away. (This step only show on the left side).

Step 4: Remove the stock headlights and bracket.

Step 5: Install one piece headlights. Slot in the lamps but dont tight all bolts yet because
level of the lamp need to adjust first.

Step 6: Adjust level of the lamp. There is 4 screw can be turn in order to adjust the level.
- 1&2, for high beam.
- 3&4, for low beam.

Step 7: When satisfied with the lamp level, re-install bumper and finally the bracket of the one piece headlights.

Done...

On the electrical & wiring part, i send it to wiremen. it cost me rm173 for:
- 2 pcs h7 bulb.
- 2 pcs h1 bulb.
- 2 pcs 1016 bulb (combine signal and parking lamp).
- 1 pc relay (i need my lamp to be more bright).
- 1 pc relay (to make low beam didnt switch off if high beam switch on)
- labor + wire + clip.

If want to d.i.y, this thread got instruction (credit go to mlr and 'wh0s the daddy'):http://30-130.com/showthread.php?t=251236

so it will be:

when parking lamp on. (there is 2 filamen in this bulb, 1 is for parking lamp, 1 is for signal. That mean, when signal
is on, the other filamen will blinking):

when low beam on:

when high beam on:

any other suggestion and comment are welcome.

Sorry for:
1. My terrible english.
2. Crappy pic.

cikaro71

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
bro! awesome thread! i too tot of buying this headlight early October! thanks for the info!
thanks and no prob. bro:five: this is just little contribution to e5/6 owner from e5 wannabe owner :biggrin:hope its can give u some idea during installation later on. if still got problem, dont hesitate to ask.:proud:

Last edited: