[DIY] Oil catch tank

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi all. can anyone show where is the PCV hose location for honda 1.7ES? my friend interest to install but dunno know the PCV location
Take a couple of pictures of the engine bay with different angles. Maybe we can see from the pictures

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
Another way that I would do it, is to tap the OCT to the outlet in the cam cover but not connect it back to the air intake from the air filter, just leave the other outlet from the OCT not connected to any hose. Then I would plug the outlet at the air intake.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Another way that I would do it, is to tap the OCT to the outlet in the cam cover but not connect it back to the air intake from the air filter, just leave the other outlet from the OCT not connected to any hose. Then I would plug the outlet at the air intake.

can do this if u have enough space and ur OCT clear from any obstacles :biggrin:

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
My view is that by doing that you will stop the engine from ingesting hot air from the crankcase ventilation & ensure only 'cold' air goes thru the intake manifold, more so if u have CAI

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
By doing that, the unburned hydrocarbon from the engine's blowby would escape
into the atmosphere. Normally, unburned hydrocarbon would be fed back to the
intake manifold to be burned again and that was suppose to improve FC.

Can i DIY the OCT to put one on the PCV hose and another one on the breather hose?
Coz my old saga, the breather hose connects to the air box after the air filter. This wont
make the air filter dirty but it would make the carb dirty.

Car: 1991 Saga AB Auto 1.5 - 4G15P Carb 12V

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
I don't think 'recycling' unburned hydrocarbon has anything to do with improving FC, it has more to do being 'eco-friendly' but 'recycling' unburned hydrocarbon does has the effect of lowering the RON of your petrol...please correct me if I am wrong

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
from what i search on google, hydrocarbon is a flammable gas..

if it's flammable, it would be more or less like fuel.. thus, it will help combustion..

and this results in better FC

and also a better environment :wink:

apistate

Sep 16, 2011
Penang
Just for the record, I just discovered I connected the OCT to the wrong hose. I used the breather hose instead of the PCV!

(This is a Myvi btw)

So if anyone is doing this for their Myvi, please stay tuned. I will make corrections and post up followup pictures soon
can u show me the pic for campro?
i would like to this on my engine campro 1.6..
plzzzzzz..

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Just locate the breather hose which connects to the valve cover and install one there
and another one on the PCV hose too. Both hoses connects to the valve cover, you
can spot them pretty easily. Dun tell me u dun know whats a valve cover is.

Install one on yr breather and yr carb stays clean longer, only if u already clean yr
carb in the first place. Install one on yr PCV, this is to prevent dirty oil from gettng
into yr intake manifold and to the chamber of combustion while still allow unburn
hydrocarbon gas to get pass and burn and this should be giving u slightly to none
better fuel economy and more environmental friendly.

Alternatively, u should occasionally spray crab cleaner if u dun install oil catch tank.
This will clean the chamber and carb too if u spray it into the carb. While for chamber
cleaning, get some one to rev up the engine to 2k rpm and remove the PCV hose from
the PCV, spray crab cleaner directly into the PCV hose and ask yr mate not to let
go her foot, if not the engine will stall due to massive air may rush into the engine.

Last edited:

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Izso I need your help to tell me how is my oil catch tank work in this setup my bloody mech don't want to tell me how he do it. The reason for this setup is due to my V6 engine split to much engine oil from breath hose cause the engine oil less very fast but with this setup the problem solve but I not very sure how it's work.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso I need your help to tell me how is my oil catch tank work in this setup my bloody mech don't want to tell me how he do it. The reason for this setup is due to my V6 engine split to much engine oil from breath hose cause the engine oil less very fast but with this setup the problem solve but I not very sure how it's work.
Erm.. I'm confused. What is it you want from me exactly?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello ZTH sifu,

Need help about FRP
My brother recently swap to another turbo on his L2S.
During the conversion, install a FRP and Fuel pump (Supra pump).
The weird thing is, the FRP is not install at the old FRP on the fuel rail.
If install at the usual place, the fuel filter will shake. (The turbo installer said that)

If I'm not mistaken, right now is
Pump > Filter > FRP > T joint
At the T join, one go to fuel rail, the other go to tank.

When to do a top overhaul at another...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience