DIY Cold Air Intake Hose with Super Heavy Duty Industrial 3" PU Hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke skywalker

1,500 RPM
Feb 24, 2008
Shah Alam
no matter what, also cannot beat your X-wing thrusters :)

wahahahahahah
So your still the same...:stupid:

Talk with you nicely... still not answering my questions... what can i say a idiot will never change...

remember this no matter how fast your car... but if you no brains you still gonna crash and kill yourself.. hopefully no one else... :banghead:

previous tread you stated you crash your car... with your stock 1.6... wonder what you gonna do with this powderfull engine now...:hmmmm:

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
oh, so u can predict future isit ? why dont u buy toto tonite n win big cash, buy any sportscar n show me tomoro....

talk to u ? why should talk nicely ? u giving me money isit ? waahhahahahahaha

what i did was WALK THE TALK, DO THE MOD.....Done it all and pictures to tell tale! But Have you, Mr.Anakin ?

*chuckles*

Last edited:

luke skywalker

1,500 RPM
Feb 24, 2008
Shah Alam
You wanna know, u mah go surf online n source for SR20 + 260degree cams n find out urself lor. I oredy stated in my other thread n I wont repeat myself

anyway why u wanna knw ? huh ? its my car n non of ur concern, dont so kepochi ler

wakakkaakkaaka
why edited... you realise you first reply to dumb like you...

i kepoh like you la how you kepoh bout other ppl car...

actually you wanna share right??? so when ppl ask answer la... if dont wanna share dont post easy right litte child...

remember ppl drive proton non of your concern also wakakaka must laugh same like your retard laugh.... see you monday ok no time online on the weekend have to practice flying my xfighter cause worried your car faster:stupid:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

So your still the same...:stupid:

Talk with you nicely... still not answering my questions... what can i say a idiot will never change...

remember this no matter how fast your car... but if you no brains you still gonna crash and kill yourself.. hopefully no one else... :banghead:

previous tread you stated you crash your car... with your stock 1.6... wonder what you gonna do with this powderfull engine now...:hmmmm:
haha so next time i change one screw in my car also ill take photo show here and talk ok???

not everyone like you mod and show off... BWAHAHAHA ppl not free as you...

I bet your a lonely sore looser with no friends no GF and parent that hate you thats why your like this dont worry everyone feels for you thats why jin loves to cum in your mouth...:rofl:

no need to predict morons like you will sure crash and die no need to predict ok... it will happen then dont forget to post ok i crash my powderful car... cause to power hahahaha... enjoy your lonely weekend

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
GF i got 8 exgf....Money I got alot.....I was main vocalist n keyboardist on stage, our band was famed 4 yrs in penang, that time I dont have car but our fans consists ppl driving Lotus Elise, M5, Ferrari, Porsche, RX7, Peugoet 206 and Mercs. But NONE of us fancies BolehLans' shit cars.

LoL....U know SHITS n lurks like average idiots in ZTH!

aiya, talk so much for wat, lai lai lai, show me your car, I have seen alot cars......I want to be impressed by what you got....

so, where's your car ? M5 ? TT ? Ferrari ? ......or PROTON!!!??? (THIS ONE I MUSE SEE)

PS: Plz dont be impressed with mine, its all I can afford, I dont intend anyone to buy same car like me n mod like me, coz its my personal toy......BUT, I mod what I can, I am wondering why there are ppl NEVER mod n talk so much :D

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

So, where are u monkeyface ? MIA ?

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Hellloooo MOONKEEEEEY.............HERES SOME BANANAS FOR YAA...........COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER U ARE.............DONT BE SHY.......

Last edited:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
A cold air intake is a device used to bring lower temperature air into a car's internal-combustion engine, to increase engine power and efficiency.

Standard air intake systems tend to be very restrictive, in order to eliminate engine noise. Aftermarket cold air intake systems come in many different colors and sizes, and are easy to install when compared with other performance-increasing modifications. All cold air intakes operate on the principle of increasing the amount of oxygen available for combustion with fuel. Because cooler air has a higher density (greater mass per unit volume), cold air intakes generally work by introducing cooler air from outside the hot engine bay. However, the term "cold air intake" is often used to describe other methods of increasing oxygen to an engine, which may even increase the temperature of the air coming into an engine.

Some strategies used in designing cold-air intakes are:

* increasing the diameter of the air intake, allowing increased airflow.
* smoothing the interior of the intake to reduce air resistance.
* providing a more direct route to the air intake.
* tuning the length of the intake to provide maximum airflow at certain engine speeds (RPM).
* using a more efficient, less restricting air filter.
* cold air provides more oxygen for the engine to burn.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Disadvantages

* hydrolock - The intake is lower, and more likely to introduce water into the engine when fording streams or flooded roads. Hydrolock generally does not occur unless the filter is fully submerged in water."Bypass filters" can be purchased which prevent any water of any kind from entering the engine.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Application

Intake systems come in many different styles and can be constructed from plastic, metal, rubber (silicone) or composite materials (fiberglass, carbon fiber or Kevlar). The most efficient intake systems utilize an airbox which is sized to complement the engine and will extend the powerband of the engine. The intake snorkel (opening for the intake air to enter the system) must be large enough to ensure sufficient air is available to the engine under all conditions from idle to full throttle. Under some conditions intake system efficiency can be lost if the intake opening for the airbox is too large.

The most basic cold air intake replaces the stock airbox with a short metal or plastic tube leading to a conical air filter, called a short ram air intake. The power gained by this method can vary depending on how restrictive the factory airbox is. The placement of the filter is usually directly in the engine compartment. The overall benefits depend on the specific application. Power may be lost at certain engine speeds, and gained at others. Because of the increased airflow and reduced covering, intake noise is usually increased. This effect is usually amplified on applications where a resonator, a part intended to reduce intake noise on some vehicles, is replaced by the intake.

Well designed intakes use heat shields to isolate the air filter from the rest of the engine compartment, providing cooler air from the front or side of the engine bay. Some systems called "fender mount" move the filter into the fender wall, this system draws air up through the fender wall from below the car, which provides even more isolation and still cooler air. Carbon fiber can be used for the piping instead of metal, reducing weight and insulating the air from the engine bay in some cases. Carbon fiber and other advanced composites (such as Kevlar) are expensive, and can be more aesthetic rather than functional.

Air bypass valves are gaining popularity in cold air intake manufacturing. An air bypass valve is a filtered spacer that is positioned more into the engine bay, between two connected pieces of the cold air intake assembly. This prevents hydro-locking by providing an alternate route for air to come in, thus eliminating the vacuum that causes water to be sucked in from a puddle. Foam filters are a simple piece of foam that is air permeable, and most have no valve. It is argued that this reduces power, but in actuality it provides more surface area for air to enter the engine when the driver accelerates. When driving at moderate speeds, the suction caused by the engine is not enough to activate the air bypass valve. Cloth filter bypass valves only allow air in if the valve is sucked open as result of the vacuum pressure caused by a blocked filter at the bottom of the intake. When it comes to cold air intakes this is the "best of both worlds".

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
oh, so u can predict future isit ? why dont u buy toto tonite n win big cash, buy any sportscar n show me tomoro....

talk to u ? why should talk nicely ? u giving me money isit ? waahhahahahahaha

what i did was WALK THE TALK, DO THE MOD.....Done it all and pictures to tell tale! But Have you, Mr.Anakin ?

*chuckles*
walk the talk?
you invited others for uphill or whatever challenge in the other thread, those ppl says u giv damn kao alot of excuses for not showing up

more to NATO (no action talk only) rite?

Last edited:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
ur nissan sentra buy 1st hand? i tell ur the fxxxer. i buy proton satria 1.3GLi for rm46000. full mivec 1/2 cut. 1.9 block . emanage.i think much more expensive den ur 2nd hand apek sentra. u cucuk boleh land car, i very angry!!!
PLUS, i saw ur tyre, is a very lousy non rotation tyre, dunlop or good year maybe.no money buy tyre ah??? i use AD07. u think tein HA very great??? my cusco full set much more better den ur tein

Last edited by a moderator:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
GF i got 8 exgf....Money I got alot.....I was main vocalist n keyboardist on stage, our band was famed 4 yrs in penang, that time I dont have car but our fans consists ppl driving Lotus Elise, M5, Ferrari, Porsche, RX7, Peugoet 206 and Mercs. But NONE of us fancies BolehLans' shit cars.

And you only drive Sentra? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

evorunner

Nov 6, 2007
hahaha...only use plastic pipe...save money or no money....hehehe...

demmiit....feimooo...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Relax Bro artworkz, dun get agitated by this rare species, just tease it and make it sound back, thats how we do at the zoo mah... no point vent out anger lah~~ just enjoy his show, if happy then we give it some sweet or biscuit loh... You wont kill a dog just because it make you angry right? : )
Difference between human and animal is human able to control himself, i can see very cleary the difference of human and beast now...

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
hahaha...only use plastic pipe...save money or no money....hehehe...

demmiit....feimooo...
:congrats::congrats::congrats::tomato:SR18t

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

8 ex...mean being dump 8 times..hahaahahahah.
:congrats::congrats::congrats::stickyman:SR18t

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
lolx this guy is damn funny....

he thinks everybody here talks like him.... we have experience to share cause we have done mods to the car...and learnt on the way up....just because we dont post every damn mod we have done( at times its too much to even list down) that doesn't mean we got nothing under the hood...but i guess you have a smarter comment to say..im not here to educate your immature brain...just trying to calm my fellow zth brothers down...not to let a small kid ... who is a keyboard warrior....i already told you guys....if anybody got info on his where abouts please let me know....i know the october race is not gonna be on...and another thing...after reading several of his posts...and how he thinks his car is the next WRC champion or Touge champion...he is definitely gonna crash that car and die with it...or kill others...why risk our beautiful machines against a junk like dat? its not worth it.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
IMHO, a CAI should be mounted in front and not side. There was this diagram of air flow from funnel to pipe posted here last time. Your CAI would work nicely if the car was stationary. But i guess the full effects of maximum airflow would not be felt because when in motion the air from the side would glide pass by rather than be sucked in.

Its not that it won't work, but i think u are not getting maximum air flow in the pipe thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,

Bought Engine (lantai) SR20 manual Turbo from S14 car. After successfully installed on another car, found problems as follows;

1) When we took off the sump pan, there were small pieces of broken something about 2 table spoons worth-like when you smash a ceramic cup- the pieces are very small about the size of broken buttons.

2) Turbo made noise

3) The scary one- engine oil won't circulate, mechanic cannot see engine oil when oil cap removed.

the mechanic stopped work...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience