Dashboard Shaking

raxzee

Known Member
Sep 14, 2004
shah alam
I drive wira sedan 1.6XLi auto year 95 and i have this weird problem. when i stop at traffic light n my gear is D n i press break, my dashboard n steering start shaking. The problem become more worse if i on the aircond the dashboard will shake like crazy...hahaha!

i already go to many mechanics n they all dun know what the problem exactly. some said tuning too high, some said its bcoz of the mounting n some said its bcoz of the gearbox ball...dunno what!

so...if anyone knows plss help me!! i can't stand the shake anymore...huwaaa!!

keropok

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
I face this problem aslo...but now ok lor...just a bit more to do....Samething here went to a few w/shop...cannot do a thing...but most say tunning....so decided to check out a place in Klang.....Bkt Sentosa if not mistaken....went in immediatly after the mech start the engine plus the shaking...already know the problem...it was the mounting...now change only slight shaking only...just hv to do a bit of tunning lor....so get the mech to check the mounting...lor..... :lol:

raxzee

Known Member
Sep 14, 2004
shah alam
Thanx bro...i also think its bcoz of mounting. so...how much actually haa to do mounting?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
IMHO, something to do with the engine rpm and vibration. Learn in fizik class last time, so long ago already can't really remember. I think is something like optimum vibration or resonance or something i just can't really remember.

all object have those optimum vibration frequency or something, thats why glass break when expose to high frequency sound. if the shaking stop when you press more fuel and rev it up, or you touch the dashboard with your hand, then its the same problem.

raxzee

Known Member
Sep 14, 2004
shah alam
can't get cheaper than that aa? anyone? help me...

n sure or not its bout mounting bcoz some says trottle aa...fizik mende ntah aa...which one aa?

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
yes...it should be the engine mounting...when u move...is there a 'tok' sound in ur engine bay n same also when u stop?...n if it is the mounting...revvin will reduce the vibration coz the engine is pulled to the back...n when u release it...the engine will go back to the front....try asking sum1 to rev 4 u while stand outside ur car n watch the engine...i think it should shake terribly if its mounting

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Originally posted by Yong_5290@Dec 10 2004, 19:52
yes...it should be the engine mounting...when u move...is there a 'tok' sound in ur engine bay n same also when u stop?...n if it is the mounting...revvin will reduce the vibration coz the engine is pulled to the back...n when u release it...the engine will go back to the front....try asking sum1 to rev 4 u while stand outside ur car n watch the engine...i think it should shake terribly if its mounting
the 'tok' sound is the mounting???
Sheeshh.... no wonder I keep figuring why i change suspension already still got the 'tok' sound... I thought all this while is the suspension....

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Originally posted by TiBuN+Dec 12 2004, 01:40 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TiBuN @ Dec 12 2004, 01:40 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Yong_5290@Dec 10 2004, 19:52
the 'tok' sound is the mounting???
Sheeshh.... no wonder I keep figuring why i change suspension already still got the 'tok' sound... I thought all this while is the suspension.... [/b][/quote]
should be....if its auto...u need to put to N when the cars not moving...the 'tok' sound is very irritating...mine all 4 mounting kong edi...going to change it by monday... :(

KingHaruan

Known Member
Nov 29, 2004
Earth
Originally posted by raxzee@Dec 10 2004, 16:36

n sure or not its bout mounting bcoz some says trottle aa...fizik mende ntah aa...which one aa?
hmmm.....i just tanya my mech other day, in damansara utama,
mounting got four front back and side 2 side,

he say,
front around RM 95.00
back near the gear box around RM 120.00
for both side RM 60 x 2 = RM 120.00
total up to RM 335.00

but that one for my wira 1.3 GLi Sedan...

maybe in damansara expensive kut (sewa kedai mahal) hehehe..

anyway...same prob as u dude, dashboard habis GONCANG2 :o dang...
get money, then i go do...waaaaaa...belum service lagi tuuu.... :(

raxzee

Known Member
Sep 14, 2004
shah alam
Originally posted by KingHaruan+Dec 12 2004, 17:34 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KingHaruan @ Dec 12 2004, 17:34 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-raxzee@Dec 10 2004, 16:36

hmmm.....i just tanya my mech other day, in damansara utama,
mounting got four front back and side 2 side,

he say,
front around RM 95.00
back near the gear box around RM 120.00
for both side RM 60 x 2 = RM 120.00
total up to RM 335.00

but that one for my wira 1.3 GLi Sedan...

maybe in damansara expensive kut (sewa kedai mahal) hehehe..

anyway...same prob as u dude, dashboard habis GONCANG2 :o dang...
get money, then i go do...waaaaaa...belum service lagi tuuu.... :( [/b][/quote]
EXPENSIVE lor...!!! I just found one workshop at section 17 Shah Alam owned by a few mechanics that works for JKR workshop. very cheap lol...front n back mounting just around RM60! I gonna change my mounting this saturday (i think)the services also very good...last time i change my drive shaft second hand just around RM70. Try there laa...seksa aku dah nak abis!! :P

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
ok...i've changed my mounting 2day....bought the mmc mounting in spare part shop 4 rm170 n workmanship rm 70...total up rm 240...
bye bye 2 my 'tok' sound n dancing dash board hahaha

KingHaruan

Known Member
Nov 29, 2004
Earth
:huh: waaa...alll of u price vely vely cheap....think i follow yong, go buy myself at spare part shop, bayar upah pasang onli :P can save a lot hehehe....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since buying a used Waja 1.6 (on the road 2002) just about a month ago for about RM15 K, I have been wondering why Waja has such poor resale value. The original Waja 1.6 auto price in year 2000 was RM64K and after 12 years has depreciated almost 80%. Of course this is true also of Continental cars and of Korean cars. The depreciation of the Waja is due to its replacement by Proton new Saga and Persona, also the Preve and the Campro models.
Before I bought it, I was looking at the Myvis and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience