Touch Up, Repair & Refurbish Dashboard?

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

As stated in the topic above, could you guys recommend a place for me to touch up/patch up, repair and refurbish my dashboard? It's a transplanted dashboard from halfcut and the guys who did the transplant did not do a satisfactory job. I browsed through the older threads and read about WeColor (USJ) which has pretty good reviews, however the shop has not been mentioned for a long time now, making me wonder whether it is still around? And if not, are there any other places you guys can recommend?

Thanks a bunch, and cheers :biggrin:

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
DanzEterna: Thank you for the suggestion.. Mind elaborating on this ottercolour? Will it fix damage as shown below?

Arturo: I'll let the pics speak for themselves..

Poor installation job.. Don't know why on earth they cut that section off.. Looked much more hideous before I tried patching things up a little

Damage on dashboard edge due to mishandling.. Or maybe the dashboard came like that.

This steering wheel was in perfect condition when I sent it to the workshop.. Look what became of it after it came out.

Dent on dashboard.. Probably came like that

Chips and flakes on airbag cover.. It came like that. Any way of removing them? Heat gun?

I don't know what that is.. But the dashboard came like that..

So guys.. What do you think?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i think it looks damn bad. wonder if KC knows how to fix this...

was the dashboard this way when u buy la? if not then can screw the installers...looks horrible. like u just drove thru a hurricane with the dashboard at the hood...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
damn, thats bad.....u neva ask them for a replacement dashboard ah?
yeah as arturo said. could ask KC for help.

or maybe use fibre putty to patch things up.

ottercolour is to change your dashboard color, from grey to black.

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So you guys see why I was looking for a place like WeColor now? :(

The dashboard came with the halfcut.. But of course it wasn't screwed up like this. The workshop that did the conversion and the dashboard swap completely messed things up. Esp the side and the steering wheel.. The others, it might have came like that or it might have been due to their mishandling as well, but I dare not say.

Will KC be able to help in a situation like this? If he will, I'd gladly pay him a visit the moment he's free..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i think it looks damn bad. wonder if KC knows how to fix this...

was the dashboard this way when u buy la? if not then can screw the installers...looks horrible. like u just drove thru a hurricane with the dashboard at the hood...
LOL la your description!

But to our brother here, maybe you want to try get a replacement dashboard? as halfcuts come with warranty. 1 month in my place. Maybe can try bullshit the workshop and say it was like that? Hmm... Screw the f-in' workshop man... Spoil people's stuff...

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I did ask them, why so ugly? They say, mod one is like that one la..:banghead: My dad's (and even my grandfather's) longtime foreman, so I don't want to make such a fuss. I guess he's just good in regular service and troubleshooting, but this kinda modification, I'll know better than to send to them next time. Most of the things were did by his worker, including the dashboard I suppose. The boss hardly had any hands on when it came to my car. And you know what really pisses me off? That worker still dares to say "saya bikin boleh tahan eh :biggrin:" when I went over after that. Really felt like slapping him man.

Claim warranty, cannot already la. Firstly, the dashboard has already been cut. Secondly, they took 3 months for the conversion.. Even your 1 month warranty would also have been void. The chopshop was kind enough to exchange rear brake calipers and leaking shocks for me after 1 month.

I have been thinking about getting replacement dashboard too. But dashboard kosong for Levin 6 speed is hard to come by, most are selling with the dashboard wiring as well. Even those selling dashboard kosongs are not willing to let go for low price. I'm trying to find out whether the Levin 5 speed dashboard without airbag is of the same size..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro,
check this out if it might help u
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...r-custom-carbon-fibre-dashboard-laminate.html
ask them whether could they laminate your whole dashboard rather than u go find another 1.
i saw an ad in motortrader, to wrap your dashboard using 'baldu' material. but dunno how much they charge...

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

another link by bwmclubmalaysia
Dashboard re-wrap

[WTS] Matte Vinyl for Vehicle Wrap!

zane_al

Known Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The only viable option I've heard is Central Cushion in Kepong.
Why don't you enquire and report back to us ? I think 014 3382851.

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you bro Danz and zane. I've checked out the three links bro Danz posted, will look into the first two for further details but the third link seems to be for car exterior.. As for Central Cushion, I will look up on that as well, thank you again :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...

http://uploadyourimages.com/img/210381dsc_5484.jpg

anyone know where can i find side mirror like this? in north malaysia...
i been try to search for mirror like this for ages...

hope someone can help

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience