Check Light after Emanage Installation

Karapok11

Jun 26, 2006
Hi all,

I'm currently on a CE9A (Evo 3) running stock setup except 2.5" downpipe and 3" piping behind, an open pod and avcr running max 1 bar.

Everything is fine.

Just installed Emanage (Blue) with full harness including ignition timing and injector control. Then occasionally this CHECK LIGHT came on and off intermittently every now and then during driving, idle but everything seems fine.

Anyone experience this? Pls advise.

Thanks alot :)

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I got the same prob as u do... e-Manage installed on a Galant VR4.

I did a diagnostic and found the following:

Code 41 - Injector

I suspect something is going on somewhere after the installation. Will need to check further. The installer who did my car aren't very helpful at all.

jep3003

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2005
my checklight came on if i go above 0.3bars... im using e-manage on honda civic...

my problem is my MAP sensor... it detects boost n goes haywire... havent tune the boost cut on da emnage properly...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Basically, e-Manage will detect an error if u have injector harness but no MAP sensor.

Karapok11

Jun 26, 2006
acbc said:
I got the same prob as u do... e-Manage installed on a Galant VR4.

I did a diagnostic and found the following:

Code 41 - Injector

I suspect something is going on somewhere after the installation. Will need to check further. The installer who did my car aren't very helpful at all.

Hmmmm, my mech fren also suspect its due to injector signal triggering a different signal acceptable to the original ECU thats why the check light is on and off...

Sorry, btw, what you use to detect code 41? Do you have a code to diagnose Mitsubishi ECU?

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
myself been thinking too.

hmm...maybe got extra path to ground.

mitsu ecu maybe dont like

maybe i try connecting small resistor on ign harness.

but my ecl on only when lightfooting around. damn. full boost OK!

jep : i hear some honda tuner in usa use a mechanical bleed. i did mine using fish tank 1 way valve from this aquarium shop.

Karapok11

Jun 26, 2006
acbc said:
I borrowed a DTC computer to read the values off the ECU.
Oic....... Will visit my mech fren tomorrow to have it checked......

Thanks for the sharing :)

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
Assuming that you have your rotary settings and jumpers right;

Please re check your injector wiring (on the E-Manage side). The order of injector harness into the E-Manage should be Injector 4 --- 3 --- 2 --- 1 and not vice-versa, while the ground connection is at the bottom of no. 4 inj.
Sometime installers do make mistake by wiring in the order of inj 1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4.

Check that your map-trace works properly.

Compare your rpm against the data given in real time display, are they coinside.

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware... (ver. 1.49)

Hope you can get your problem cured.

Karapok11

Jun 26, 2006
cipan_supercas said:

Please re check your injector wiring (on the E-Manage side). The order of injector harness into the E-Manage should be Injector 4 --- 3 --- 2 --- 1 and not vice-versa, while the ground connection is at the bottom of no. 4 inj.
Sometime installers do make mistake by wiring in the order of inj 1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4.

Compare your rpm against the data given in real time display, are they coinside.

Thats really very informative... Thanks a billion Bro... Will check out with my mech on your sharing and hope can solve the problem.

Cheers :)

ja50n

500 RPM
May 21, 2004
USJ / Melaka
hmmm ...... any recommended place that i can go to check wat prob ???
cos my check light also sometimes come out.

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site

Hi Cipan,
I hav similar problem at my 1.8mivec, check light appear during idling. Error code is #41 injector.
All the injector connection was checked, no problem.
What other thing can coz it going wrong.
Pls advise. Thanks....

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My fren's car almoz kena rampas juz nw . Its a brand new Myvi.

It happened when she come down from the car to open da gate(those 3 storey house). She did on the alarm and all the sud 2 indian fella come n 1 of em jump down n tried to open the door( which is closed)

When he knw the door is lock, he looks at my gf's sis and try to rampas the key from her, which he failed coz dat gal accidently pressed panic button.

The thief panic and get away.

Bcareful every1.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience