CheckEngine on, why?

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
it all started one night at traffic light. that time just drag the car up to 0.5 bar and the check engine light lit on. thought it would just be minor thing and would reset by itself on my next engine startup, i ignored to check in my engine bay. but eversince, it always 'on' after bout 5 minutes i start up my car, if not, it'll 'on' after i drive it like bout 50 metres. anybody encounterred this problem before??

things i did already; chnged the MAF sensor, change the cam sensor(like distributor one), totally plug out sAFC Neo, replace the ecu. move move shake shake some sockets like cam sensor, oil pressure switch, water temp socket.

any solution or troubleshooting ideas would be much appeciated, thanks

CSx8213x

1,000 RPM
Mar 8, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
bro.... you still haven't mention what car you driving with what engine. ..... from what ECU to what ECU and what MAF to what MAF....

Since inssuficient of the information , very difficult to let ppl find out your problem .

Last edited:

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
OMG sorry, satria wit GSR. evo wiring, sensor and MAF. i think i'm using evo coil pack and GSR igniter or ignition control.

S4TR14^TURB0

Known Member
Jan 4, 2008
i have the same problem, the check engine light is appearing after one minutes engine start, before this i drive my car and it was ok, but now semput2 like wanna die wan... im using evo engine, any idea?

musang

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
Nilai&Bangi
Have u check the o2sensor... and knock sensor at the back of block. I also got this problem before.. dirty o2 sensor...

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
a faulty knock sensor was the culprit... hope will be helpful for other members, so check all ur sensors whenever ur car gives CEL while the car running good or just slighty slack

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Happened yesterday at PJ state. I parked my car there early morning and around 5.40pm balik time I noticed that my boot lock was smashed. Someone tried to force open the boot lock with screw driver or something resulting in damage on my car with scratches and slight dent and of course the lock can no more be used. I believe they tried to take out the boot lock to do the key so that they can come back and start my car with that key.

Checked with the parking attendant and they said there...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience