Changed Tyres & Chamber Screw

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Haiya...finally final piece of my message. Pokai liao this month changing so many things. After changing the driveshaft bush, went to do tyre alignment.

The shop said my Bridgestone Turanza (195/60 R14) got crack oredi. Dangerous for long distance driving and may burst anytime. Ok..changed to Yokohama C-Drive (made in Japan, Yr 2004) for RM210 each. Btw, my behind tyres are also Yokohama S306 (made in Philliphines, Yr 2002).

Then, he said all four original Hyundai Sport Rims "bengkok" oredi. Forget it... didn't bother to changed.

Then he ask me to pump in "Nitrogent" gas for RM5 per tyre. I heard some bad things about this. So I didn't do it because cumbersome... need to repump at tyre shop for RM1/tyre.
>>> Can someone let me know the advantages & disadvantages?

Last he said my front right side alignment gone way off tangent becase of the driveshaft repair. Also my back right side alignment also bad. He ask me to add Chamber Screw for easier and better alignment for right front & back. But I thought better to add all-4 sides. That cost me RM40x4. I heard people only add in front.

>>> Can someone let me know whether is was good to add all-4 sides or just the 2 front sides will be good enough?

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Well, if only 1 side need to add, than add 1 side will do, save $$$ b'coz the other side u add also for nothing, some more need $$$ for the chamber screw & need $$$ for labor too, it's about $35.00 per tire

Bad thing is every time u open the absorber u need to do chamber, $35.00 each
If ur absorber got problem, once take out u need to do chamber, if still got problem take out again, haha, $35.00 also.

Like me, my APM absorber give me just too many problem, every time go back for service, all 4 set, even it's free but I need to do chamber every time, $30.00 x 4 =$120.00 After about 2 weeks got problem again, go back to APM for checking, take out the absorber, need to change some inner part but no stock, need to wait for 2 to 3 weeks time, haha.... I have to do chamber again & after 2 to 3 weeks change the inner part & do chamber again, sei loh...... This is the bad thing for the chamber screw. But if the chamber screw is on the top mouting than it's ok even u open up the absorber, the setting is still there.

Never use Nitrogent gas for tire before, don know about that.

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Yu, I thought the chamber screw is used for life time. My chamber screw is on top. I noticed there are 2 screws at that place. How often and when do I need to change?

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
On top? like the below pic?

This is pillow ball upper mount camber adjustable, a local make can be about 5 to 6 hundred, imported is more than thousand

If is at the bellow of the suspension. than is only the screw, u don have to replace it but if u open out the suspension, u need to unscrew the chamber screw in order to take out the suspension, than u need to do chamber adjusment liau, each chamber is about $30 to $35

Dec 22, 2006
Bro,

Sure not need to add any camber screw this is one of the trick for to get extra $$$ charge by shop.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
I am using nitrogen now. I change my new rim and tyres at the shop near my house. So, the head mech actually promise me FOC everytime I went to pump. hehe. The good thing about nitrogen is that tyre pressure is maintain even you go high speed which is good for grip. Also, you don't have to check evey week. Instead you just need to every month. Nitrogen runs cooler inside the tyre also. The your tyre actually have longer lifespan because constant pressure means contrant wear on the tread.

Ace

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
sorry..mebi im a bit to late to poke in...previously i bought my chamber screw at a spare part shop for only rm5 per peice. bought it 2 peices leh...anyway...im using wira screw chamber. those tyre shop are juest eating ur money...just think, how come a stupid screw can cost u until that much?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i heard spare part shop sell aroun that or 10 bcks only. but for chamber adjustment im not sure if tyre shops still charge 30/40 bucks.

n chamber screw is universal rite? only have to make sure the lenght is long enough.?

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
yup ..i got it for rm5 per peice. the shop is in danau kota...but that was 3 years back. still using it now.

errr Maxx, i think not really universal laa...coz some vehicle is using size 17 some using 14. and u have a charade gtti arr??

oh yaa..yesterday i went to do my allignment. rm15 for the allignment and rm35 for adjusting the chambers screw. but that stupid shop test my car like a mad dog...made my engine so hot, the t join for the hoses to my bov melted, making my car cannot boost in....and they were like so ignorent!!! the shop is in kota damansara, seksyen 6. dont go there if u love ur car!

Last edited:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
ya, not so uinversal. but just need to know the rite size.
yes. im driving Charade GTti. hehe.. in wrong car maker section actually..heheh..

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Maxx, I'm driving Gtti last time, 1.5 to 2 bar, every few months change engine......
I still remember last time my 4 camber screw for Gtti & also my ori coupe cost me more than $100 :baring_teeth:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
wah, very high bossting. me std boost 0.9 only.
what mod done to ur gtti?

eh, i changed chamber screw just rm40pc last time when change rim.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Maxx, don't ask the list of mod Yu did, you will get a page full, he changed 4 engines if i'm not mistaken. :biggrin:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hehe.. thats y la h.cut r hard to find nowadays.. hehhe.. j/k..

oot already. yu, can we pm to share information.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Over the weekend, Volkswagen Group Malaysia (VGM) launched their premium MPV in Malaysia. Over 600,000 units have been sold globally and the Sharan is finally on Malaysian soil. Held at Carcosa Seri Negara, the launch took the form of a family day where media personnel and their families were treated to the versatility of the premium MPV.

The Sharan is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience