Changed Driveshaft Bush

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
While repairing my aircon, found out my right driveshaft bush (rubber) tore.
Enquired at Glenmarie (RM168 aft discount for the item and Labor is RM57).
Bought frm Mr Lee (RM80 for the item-includes rubber piece, metal clippers & lubricant "butter"). Labor was RM20 done near my house.

Make sure the mechanic will remove the driveshaft and clean up the ball bearings with diesel to ensure there are no sand or other particles stucked in there. Rainy weather will wear off the driveshaft even faster if repair is not done promptly.

Can someone describe the symptoms of torn driveshaft bush?

But I know if you turn your steering wheel to the right and you hear cranking sound that means it is time to change your driveshaft.

Enquired from Mr Lee, the Japanese made (third party) driveshaft comes with the driveshaft bush costs about RM200.

After doing this my car alignment went off big tangent. Stay tuned for the next message thread on my tires changed & some other crappy changes.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
What happen to ur air-con? tell us more ok? pic. too

The below pic. show only driveshaft rubber cover, where is ur driveshaft head? Do u only change the rubber cover? Still using the old driveshaft head? If yes, the rubber cost $80.00?

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Driveshaft still ok. No cranking sound when turning the steering wheel to right or left. Only changed the rubber cover (Driveshaft Bush). RM80 for that item (incl Rubber Cover, Metal Clippers, Lubricant "Butter"). Labor charges RM20 done near my hse.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Last time I change the driveshaft rubber cover/Driveshaft Bush to some other car's, very cheap all in about $50 only, same as yours, got Metal Clippers & Lubricant + labor. As for me, no need go for ori, as long as can use it's ok for me, need to save cost.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
no symptoms for broken driveshaft bush. it's mainly a plastic cover protect your driveshaft. The only thing you can do is to ask the mech to check the driveshaft bush everytime you do engine oil service or any chance they lift up your car.

i changed mine when the mech found out that for me.

Dec 22, 2006
dartango,

Buy from spare parts shop mada in JAPAN only 20 plus plus .outter drive shaft get new replacement looking fer GNK oem germanny .well know brand.around 200plus with ABS type and it could lasting many many years.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
ouch...looks like someone paid more than he should.

P.S : yeah...I know its been a long time I have come in. My company is down with the earth quake man...

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
ekenny,
if you know where to get cheaper, then pls list down the contact details & address so that in future other members can get help here. No point saying you can get cheaper here and there. Action speaks louder.

I am not sure whether the part that you mention will fit into coupe unless u hv tried before.

I am taking my effort & time to write my experience here.

Many readers but not many putting down their experience here!!!! Sigh!!!

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
dartango,
you are doing a good write up here, I'm sure other member will do it once they found out there is a better alternative.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I just did a tranny swap on my car from auto to manual.

So far here's what i found out!

Things That you need:
1: Transmission
2: Drive Shafts (The Auto center drive shaft does is different from the Manual one buy a few MM
3: Gear lever
4: Pedals
5: Gear Box Mountings
6: clutch pump with all the hoses.

Well... the only problem i have is that the check engine light is on after the conversion. I know there is small modification required on the wiring to get rid of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience