Change disc brake effect engine performance?

HaZaRd

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
im using stock 1.5 Wira (4g15) and planned to change brake system coz twin port disc brake looks nicer... hehe~ :proud:

i bought already whole set Evo disc brake including evo servo. Juz installed front twin port disc brake, rear havent since got issues on lack of certain parts.

After i installed it, my car felt very heavy.. feels like its so under power. To make it easier to understand... i drove my car at 3rd gear.. feels like at 5th gear. High loss on torque.:bawling:

Is it because im using twin port disc brake that make it lot of difference in term of engine performance? could it solve if i downgrade to GSR 1.8 single port?

hope anyone can solve this out.. i cant stand to drive under power car... sigh~ :stupid:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
recommended to service the calipers , service kits available at sparepart shop
could be ur caliper piston is pushing against ur disk causing it to brake and loose power

simple, drive around, get down and touch ur rim, if its hot , then its true

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
im using stock 1.5 Wira (4g15) and planned to change brake system coz twin port disc brake looks nicer... hehe~ :proud:

i bought already whole set Evo disc brake including evo servo. Juz installed front twin port disc brake, rear havent since got issues on lack of certain parts.

After i installed it, my car felt very heavy.. feels like its so under power. To make it easier to understand... i drove my car at 3rd gear.. feels like at 5th gear. High loss on torque.:bawling:

Is it because im using twin port disc brake that make it lot of difference in term of engine performance? could it solve if i downgrade to GSR 1.8 single port?

hope anyone can solve this out.. i cant stand to drive under power car... sigh~ :stupid:
jack ur car up... spin ur wheel freely... if it spins freely, means ur calipers are not jammed... or else, yes it is and u'll need to service the calipers...

generally, twinpot calipers do weigh much more den oem brakes...

Mar 21, 2008
if you want to drive with ease, get those rotors replaced with a new one. chop shop rotors aging n old, possibly the rotor's durablity expired, no longer able to take more heat n may bend or crack after some time.

remember to use new rotors, and also light weight rims if u really want to improve your braking n handling

HaZaRd

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
thanx for the advices guys... juz checked the installed disc brake... seems that rotor need to replace with new one and calipers need to service. :nurse:

however, i rather down grade to GSR disc brake since it more suitable for 1.5 engine... :rolleyes:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
thanx for the advices guys... juz checked the installed disc brake... seems that rotor need to replace with new one and calipers need to service. :nurse:

however, i rather down grade to GSR disc brake since it more suitable for 1.5 engine... :rolleyes:
huhuhu
service kit is in the 40-60RM bracket
new rotors are in the 300-400 bracket

HaZaRd

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
huhuhu
service kit is in the 40-60RM bracket
new rotors are in the 300-400 bracket
how we know the rotor need to be replaced with new one?

how many times it can be skimmed for restoration?

curious about this... since what i see it does look thick... :rolleyes:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
how we know the rotor need to be replaced with new one?

how many times it can be skimmed for restoration?

curious about this... since what i see it does look thick... :rolleyes:
ok this is the way
put ur finger nail on the disk nearer to the middle
move outwards, at the end of the edge u can feel a step, see if there is lot of diffrence
if yes , then its already too thin, if not u can try skimming

Mar 21, 2008
hazard,

why not invest aftermarket Brembo disc ? (slotted disc)
They only cost RM500 for a set for front, i am sure Brembo has GSR 1.8 single port rotors :)

HaZaRd

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
hazard,

why not invest aftermarket Brembo disc ? (slotted disc)
They only cost RM500 for a set for front, i am sure Brembo has GSR 1.8 single port rotors :)
oh... thats great... will find one to enhance the brake system later on... :itsme:

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hi bro, if i were you, i will not downgrade, there is something wrong somewhere as many members here explained. Get it done and you might considering changing soon, who knows?:rofl:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Is it true that 4 pots are NOT definitely better than twin pots...but depends on the type of car...yes? And for normal conditions we dont really need to go that far?

For example it would be a waste of hard earned money to put 4 pots in a MYVI yes? Or it really, really improves...

HaZaRd

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
Is it true that 4 pots are NOT definitely better than twin pots...but depends on the type of car...yes? And for normal conditions we dont really need to go that far?

For example it would be a waste of hard earned money to put 4 pots in a MYVI yes? Or it really, really improves...
for braking leisure.. yeah.. it does improve a lot...

but.. the bigger, the heavier disc brake u gonna have... :banghead:

Bump:

for braking leisure.. yeah.. it does improve a lot...

but.. the bigger, the heavier disc brake u gonna have... :banghead:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
So Hazard, did you rectify your initial problem?

So does the bigger disc and brakes stil effect your cars performance?

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
hehe if you wanna let go your twin pot the pm me la...thanks, chap sei kai abit...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...
i need some advice from u ppl out there regarding my turbine..
i'm using b6 turbo...everytime my turbo ons, which means the boost meter goes more than 0.1, white smoke will be coming out from my exhaust...its pretty alot at times...i duno whether my turbine oil seal has any prob or is it my turbine itself...but then the power of the car remains the same...
plz assist me on this...tq..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience