moral of the story?

Dont use cheapo wrap.
Dont use cheapo paint.

Especially dont use both.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I almost wanted to stick it on my hood because it was rusting... But I decided not to do it already.

diyplastidip

Jul 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
How about plastidip? Will damage the paint?
so far the success rate plastidip without damaging the paint is very high worldwide..but in some and rare cases they might as its depending on the original paint quality and etc which are quite subjective

you may need to read and understand further on their FAQ below:
https://www.dipyourcar.com/FAQ.html

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Out of curiosity, if one keeps the stickers long enough under this tropical wheather, I sincerely doubt NOT only the paint will be destroyed, irregardless of whatever quality the stickers or the paint has.

Last edited:

ZainJR

May 19, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
7/5/14

My car was stick the matt sticker 1-2 year ago .the problem very difficult to tear of the sticker and harm your car body colour !horrible !ShxT !many plastic glue stick on car body and some primer come up. Is worst and dissapointed.
The whose sell the sticker say "this is the very good one sticker ,won't harm you car colour ,easy stick easy tear it off ,air bubble just press will gone .Sound good but no effect.

What brand is this?

Was planning but now scared to buy sticker.. :hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
How about plastidip? Will damage the paint?
I recently tore off my dip from my side mirrors cuz it was a failure due to wind is not a smooth result. Tore it off after about half a year or more. My paint condition still okay. No peeling off paint even though my clearcoat was dead. (Original paint)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I recently tore off my dip from my side mirrors cuz it was a failure due to wind is not a smooth result. Tore it off after about half a year or more. My paint condition still okay. No peeling off paint even though my clearcoat was dead. (Original paint)
I remember bro. Izso got comment one time the clear coat dull a little or something like that?:hmmmm:

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
Imho, u want a good nice painted car, go get a good paint job. You want a cf finishing look for ur hood, go get a good cf hood. Nowadays marketing skills are too good to be true.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Some marketing skill are over-the-top, becoming bullshiting skill...

I guess the commission from the sales is just irressistable.....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some marketing skill are over-the-top, becoming bullshiting skill...

I guess the commission from the sales is just irressistable.....
It is because the problem only crops up in a few years, probably sales person also gone already....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
It is because the problem only crops up in a few years, probably sales person also gone already....
reminds me of the sales of window tints. So many shops open in Malaysia. All claim so geng and great quality. But once installed, bubbles develop between the tint and glass.....

Some car tint develop so many bubbles, even the owners oso no eye see edi....

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
User nowadays just dont do enough research or business operators are just too cunning. Hehehe

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
reminds me of the sales of window tints. So many shops open in Malaysia. All claim so geng and great quality. But once installed, bubbles develop between the tint and glass.....

Some car tint develop so many bubbles, even the owners oso no eye see edi....
If under warranty can still go back to them, but if the shop is not there anymore, sorry loh!.....:biggrin:
Yah! those with polka dot bubbles I also don't know how they can drive and probably cheapo tint without warranty...:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Receive an email from a friend, there is this laptop detector now available in the market from China. Donno true or not, make your own conclusion, just hope its not.

this is from the email:

Dear All,

For sharing information purposes especially those who are using notebook, here is a sample device which detect notebook in a hidden place (i.e.: in a car). For those who have never heard of it, attached below are the pictures of the detector...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience