car sticker wraps destroy my paint!

ZainJR

May 19, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
7/5/14

My car was stick the matt sticker 1-2 year ago .the problem very difficult to tear of the sticker and harm your car body colour !horrible !ShxT !many plastic glue stick on car body and some primer come up. Is worst and dissapointed.
The whose sell the sticker say "this is the very good one sticker ,won't harm you car colour ,easy stick easy tear it off ,air bubble just press will gone .Sound good but no effect.

What brand is this?

Was planning but now scared to buy sticker.. :hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
How about plastidip? Will damage the paint?
I recently tore off my dip from my side mirrors cuz it was a failure due to wind is not a smooth result. Tore it off after about half a year or more. My paint condition still okay. No peeling off paint even though my clearcoat was dead. (Original paint)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I recently tore off my dip from my side mirrors cuz it was a failure due to wind is not a smooth result. Tore it off after about half a year or more. My paint condition still okay. No peeling off paint even though my clearcoat was dead. (Original paint)
I remember bro. Izso got comment one time the clear coat dull a little or something like that?:hmmmm:

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
Imho, u want a good nice painted car, go get a good paint job. You want a cf finishing look for ur hood, go get a good cf hood. Nowadays marketing skills are too good to be true.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Some marketing skill are over-the-top, becoming bullshiting skill...

I guess the commission from the sales is just irressistable.....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some marketing skill are over-the-top, becoming bullshiting skill...

I guess the commission from the sales is just irressistable.....
It is because the problem only crops up in a few years, probably sales person also gone already....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
It is because the problem only crops up in a few years, probably sales person also gone already....
reminds me of the sales of window tints. So many shops open in Malaysia. All claim so geng and great quality. But once installed, bubbles develop between the tint and glass.....

Some car tint develop so many bubbles, even the owners oso no eye see edi....

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
User nowadays just dont do enough research or business operators are just too cunning. Hehehe

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
reminds me of the sales of window tints. So many shops open in Malaysia. All claim so geng and great quality. But once installed, bubbles develop between the tint and glass.....

Some car tint develop so many bubbles, even the owners oso no eye see edi....
If under warranty can still go back to them, but if the shop is not there anymore, sorry loh!.....:biggrin:
Yah! those with polka dot bubbles I also don't know how they can drive and probably cheapo tint without warranty...:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I remember bro. Izso got comment one time the clear coat dull a little or something like that?:hmmmm:
I forgot about that. I don't remember if I updated the story - after a polish (hand) and wax, it was back to normal. I think it was residue from the Plastidip, nothing permanent.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I forgot about that. I don't remember if I updated the story - after a polish (hand) and wax, it was back to normal. I think it was residue from the Plastidip, nothing permanent.
Hah! nowadays caught the detailing fever. Can overcome quite a lot of paint problems, right?:biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Plastidip and stickers are both sticky stuffs. I doubt they are so high tech now that it wont become brittle/glued like TS' case under the sun all the time. So just peel it off 2-3 years later then. Cosmetics and performance all got their negative side ma.
Even the dash will melt when parked under the sun.
Just like the glue of tint sticker on headlamp will make it crack. This is more like chemical reaction I say?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Dunno, removed mine recently, the side mirrors that i PD previously at Izso's place. Shud be about 6 months now. No problem at all.

But they say if car paint condition not good especially if not factory paint, might affect the paint after peeling off. But depends on the quality of lacquer used.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dunno, removed mine recently, the side mirrors that i PD previously at Izso's place. Shud be about 6 months now. No problem at all.

But they say if car paint condition not good especially if not factory paint, might affect the paint after peeling off. But depends on the quality of lacquer used.
So you mean Izso's hero use cheap lacquer.......:rofl::rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
cheap lacquer is one thing, the number of layer of lacquer applied oso counts...

RM800/car paint job is damn stingy with their lacquer. I think roadside car wash oso can remove this thin lacquer...:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So you mean Izso's hero use cheap lacquer.......:rofl::rofl:
yes, cuz izso mentioned before could be his paint lacquer was cheap one cuz he got a good deal for the repaint. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
cheap lacquer is one thing, the number of layer of lacquer applied oso counts...

RM800/car paint job is damn stingy with their lacquer. I think roadside car wash oso can remove this thin lacquer...:biggrin:
My friend send to Ipoh (his home town) say RM1k can do. After a year the sandpaper marks all appear, less then two years the lacquer peel.....:banghead::banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Cheap paint job only good if the owner wants to sell of the car fast.

if intend to keep the car for many years to come, then spend more on the paint job. if not, it's gonna be daily eye sore for the owner.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got snooker balls and wanted to drill a hole to make it as a gear knob.. anyone know s whre to drill? klang or klang valley
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience