car sticker wraps destroy my paint!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I remember bro. Izso got comment one time the clear coat dull a little or something like that?:hmmmm:
I forgot about that. I don't remember if I updated the story - after a polish (hand) and wax, it was back to normal. I think it was residue from the Plastidip, nothing permanent.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I forgot about that. I don't remember if I updated the story - after a polish (hand) and wax, it was back to normal. I think it was residue from the Plastidip, nothing permanent.
Hah! nowadays caught the detailing fever. Can overcome quite a lot of paint problems, right?:biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Plastidip and stickers are both sticky stuffs. I doubt they are so high tech now that it wont become brittle/glued like TS' case under the sun all the time. So just peel it off 2-3 years later then. Cosmetics and performance all got their negative side ma.
Even the dash will melt when parked under the sun.
Just like the glue of tint sticker on headlamp will make it crack. This is more like chemical reaction I say?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I remember bro. Izso got comment one time the clear coat dull a little or something like that?:hmmmm:
Dunno, removed mine recently, the side mirrors that i PD previously at Izso's place. Shud be about 6 months now. No problem at all.

But they say if car paint condition not good especially if not factory paint, might affect the paint after peeling off. But depends on the quality of lacquer used.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dunno, removed mine recently, the side mirrors that i PD previously at Izso's place. Shud be about 6 months now. No problem at all.

But they say if car paint condition not good especially if not factory paint, might affect the paint after peeling off. But depends on the quality of lacquer used.
So you mean Izso's hero use cheap lacquer.......:rofl::rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
cheap lacquer is one thing, the number of layer of lacquer applied oso counts...

RM800/car paint job is damn stingy with their lacquer. I think roadside car wash oso can remove this thin lacquer...:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So you mean Izso's hero use cheap lacquer.......:rofl::rofl:
yes, cuz izso mentioned before could be his paint lacquer was cheap one cuz he got a good deal for the repaint. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
cheap lacquer is one thing, the number of layer of lacquer applied oso counts...

RM800/car paint job is damn stingy with their lacquer. I think roadside car wash oso can remove this thin lacquer...:biggrin:
My friend send to Ipoh (his home town) say RM1k can do. After a year the sandpaper marks all appear, less then two years the lacquer peel.....:banghead::banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Cheap paint job only good if the owner wants to sell of the car fast.

if intend to keep the car for many years to come, then spend more on the paint job. if not, it's gonna be daily eye sore for the owner.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cheap paint job only good if the owner wants to sell of the car fast.

if intend to keep the car for many years to come, then spend more on the paint job. if not, it's gonna be daily eye sore for the owner.
You hit the jackpot. Later I found out his contact in Ipoh was his nephew who is in the used car business....:biggrin:
Good for nephew, but not for him....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's expensive. I did my respray for much cheaper.
Guess that's the reason of why the clearcoat removed kot.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hiii
Has anyone tried Eneos Semi Synthetic Molybdenum 10/40W??? I ain't sure if this brand (nippon oil) of product is actually good and lasting.
Many ppl say this is good oil so we can share the review here..... :angel_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience