calling all HWL MT1 users!!!

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
appreciate any feedback that u guys r using...cos mr wong fr top perfect recommended me 8kg front and 3-4kg rear..the rear sounds reasonable to me but the 8kg front sound HARD!! according to him, the springs are progressive so i can still get comfort at low speeds while at higher speed, it will be stiffer...but 8kg seems TOO stiff for me...mebe the damping rate is softer to match the hard spring rates?? kinda blur here..

wats the difference between the linear and progressive springs anyway??

reli need ur feedback cos most prolly i will ask mr wong to send the set up to me in penang and i wanna get it right the first time...

edited: sorry forgot to mention...its to be used on a daily driven wira gsr...i want a balance between performance & comfort...

vernshang

Known Member
May 26, 2004
Visit site
wildboar,

i just installed my gti with mt1 on saturday. yup in top perfect and discussed with him on the phone b4 putting it in. he wasnt in his office that time.

i have 8kg front and 3kg back. supposingly it shld be 4kg back for me but they run put of stock of spring so we put 3kg in. the back is just right probably a bit more hard to be perfect say like 4kg. as for front, its a bit hard.(not tooo hard those la)

had 3 days riding my car with the new mt1. i would say its kinda comfortable/notbad for highway and main roads. i like that ride. as for road with many potholes/drain metal cover, quite bumpy. maybe this is the first few days adapting to adjustable. n will monitor for more days first. :D

u converted ur engine liao?

voltron

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
maybe, sumday, when were free, we can meet up,
but not too many just a few of us,
i dont like too many ppl.

vernshang

Known Member
May 26, 2004
Visit site
voltron,

yea sure...what bout this saturday?maybe evening time? at 3pm? any suggestion?
yea not too many...

syiok,
i installed it at top perfect itself. 1680+100. yes is expensive than outside but feel safer to install there and even secure when i see the factory and when the assembled the shocks for me. :)

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i jsut got a 2nd hand MT1, haven't been installed yet.. just send for servicing :lol:

care to share abit more abt 8kg in front and 4kg at the rear??

hmmm
i'm driving a 1.5 satria.. so wat would be good for me?

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by vernshang@Nov 29 2004, 13:36
wildboar,

i just installed my gti with mt1 on saturday. yup in top perfect and discussed with him on the phone b4 putting it in. he wasnt in his office that time.

i have 8kg front and 3kg back. supposingly it shld be 4kg back for me but they run put of stock of spring so we put 3kg in. the back is just right probably a bit more hard to be perfect say like 4kg. as for front, its a bit hard.(not tooo hard those la)

had 3 days riding my car with the new mt1. i would say its kinda comfortable/notbad for highway and main roads. i like that ride. as for road with many potholes/drain metal cover, quite bumpy. maybe this is the first few days adapting to adjustable. n will monitor for more days first. :D

u converted ur engine liao?
thanx for ur feedback dude..do give us some updates later...

nope, havent done the conversion yet but wil be soon lo..hopefully i can get them installed during conversion...

jzhost

Known Member
Sep 8, 2004
what is mt1 actually?

im currenly using HWL high low on my 1.6 mivec with 1.3 spring rate, so far so good.

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
hows d hwl shocks performance..
hwo much do they charge for kelisa..i think of getting 1

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by jzhost@Nov 29 2004, 18:09
what is mt1 actually?

im currenly using HWL high low on my 1.6 mivec with 1.3 spring rate, so far so good.
mt1 is the hi/lo one...mt4 is the hi/lo & soft/hard one..u prolly using the mt1..

got latest product fr top perfect..mt1 ab...RM2k++ i think...wong said it was their latest design...saw the ad in hypertune...

peterink2000

Known Member
Jan 8, 2005
Old Klang Rd
Visit site
I have a set of HWL height adjustables for sale. RM400.00 only. Front need to be rebuilt, rear is perfect. For Perdana V6 punya.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We are entering the 6th week since the acquisition of the car. Work has been slow and we are still going through the negotiation bit. But of course, our agreed sponsors have worked on something, even they are busy with other cars in their possession.

Edison of Top Secret has kindly found the replacement door lock barrels that were missing originally since the car was forcefully opened up and the keys...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience