Buying My 1st Ever Car With My Own Money

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
u dont have to be rich to play car....car mods is a hobby..even u dun have money but
u will find a way to get it....its a passion
the magic word...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
most important is mod within yr means...dun go take loans n credit swipe without thinking long n hard...wait at end of month cant afford to pay loan n card fees, sit bus cos cant afford petrol. modding is a passion. but must control that passion mah:biggrin:
yeah betul.....spend within your means.....:love:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
u dont have to be rich to play car....car mods is a hobby..even u dun have money but
u will find a way to get it....its a passion
hehe perfect words bro i couldnt come up with these words yesnow so just tembak oni lah :biggrin:
hahaha exactly my situation mentioned above main thing is the passion though many people criticise me for it I am like to hell with that
I LOVE CARS!!!!! :love:

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

most important is mod within yr means...dun go take loans n credit swipe without thinking long n hard...wait at end of month cant afford to pay loan n card fees, sit bus cos cant afford petrol. modding is a passion. but must control that passion mah:biggrin:
hehehe yeap yeap loan and credit card very dangerous when come to modding coz susah mau control
suddenly if you feel like wanna add 20 hp ah pegi bank "Bang mau tanya personal loan kejap" hehehe
luckily i dont have a credit card nor am i elligible for loan so its pretty easy for me to control my spending just open wallet and see :biggrin:

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
my decision????

absolutely between eg or ek..hehehe

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
bro chienoz, you are really hugh fans of honda. yeah eg and ek is really nice car but that engine and body more than 10yrs++. wear and tears confirmed there. personally, i dint support ppl especially young guy like u just started step into working world and use personal loan to buy car like ek. im not sure how much your monthly earning and what sort of commitment you bear. but please do consider your financial also for the next 2 or 3 yrs. i dont want you end up like one of my fren. real story. really pity. frens asked for movie, good meal or trip, everytime said no money. all burned bcos of car. gf birthday or valentine's day, can only afford to buy cheapo gifts. getting lesser and lesser bring gf out for movie and good meal. everyday sitting at home watch dvd. pity also see his gf. due to all these, always quarrel and end up brokeoff. car broke down, no money to repair and always borrowed from fren. end up frens also scared ady. credit card snow ball damn big. every month also used this card and covered that card. this burden took him about 4yrs to cleared with parents help.

dont worry about a31, very stable bcos long wheelbase and massive torque from rb20/25. very easy to source parts. can do skyline r32 gts full conversion front and rear.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i agree with hon_cs...EG even if u take the last model will be 15 year old aredy...ek only slightly younger only. u must remember at that sort of age...most of the cars u find wont be in the best of health n u will have to prepare a huge sum of $$$ to repair it when it passes hands to u or u'll be spending a lot every month to catch up with maintanance. Honda maintanance is not cheap! i can atest to it since i'm driving a '92 EG. in this month alone i've spent at least 1.5k just on maintanance. good thing i've already finish my loan. as a 2nd car its a great car to drive. if u willing to take a chance on DIY repair works, u can save some $$$ but spareparts are epensive n starting to get quite rare...the EG-EK spare parts are going up in price cos it's starting to get harder n harder to find quality parts for it. my foreman just changed an EK's(standard) whole suspension system(absorbers all round, arms n all the bushes, all tie-rods n all rubber cowls) for a customer...u know how much it cost that poor guy? 4.5k! and thats just for parts! granted the EG-EK engine/transmission is totally bomb-proof...but all the other parts will kill u slowly. my advise...top up some money n go for a reliable n cheap to maintain car for now...pay it up fast n then only go for an EG-EK...as a play car.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
i agree with hon_cs...EG even if u take the last model will be 15 year old aredy...ek only slightly younger only. u must remember at that sort of age...most of the cars u find wont be in the best of health n u will have to prepare a huge sum of $$$ to repair it when it passes hands to u or u'll be spending a lot every month to catch up with maintanance. Honda maintanance is not cheap! i can atest to it since i'm driving a '92 EG. in this month alone i've spent at least 1.5k just on maintanance. good thing i've already finish my loan. as a 2nd car its a great car to drive. if u willing to take a chance on DIY repair works, u can save some $$$ but spareparts are epensive n starting to get quite rare...the EG-EK spare parts are going up in price cos it's starting to get harder n harder to find quality parts for it. my foreman just changed an EK's(standard) whole suspension system(absorbers all round, arms n all the bushes, all tie-rods n all rubber cowls) for a customer...u know how much it cost that poor guy? 4.5k! and thats just for parts! granted the EG-EK engine/transmission is totally bomb-proof...but all the other parts will kill u slowly. my advise...top up some money n go for a reliable n cheap to maintain car for now...pay it up fast n then only go for an EG-EK...as a play car.
listen to these guys bro
like me still 19 years old oni but saved up like hell coz never go clubbing/drinking/smoking/lepaking and then i bought a 1997 putra evo 3
but now the repair bills is killing me slowly ive only had the car for 1 month and i already am thinking of selling it mainly coz i am just a student starting uni and i frankly dont have the resources to continue supporting my car so far in 1 month ive had the car ive already about 2.5k plus solely on maintenance on items such as alternator, coil, engine mounting,clutch pump, full servicing,wiring short and all sorts of other things i cant remember exactly
so bro no matter how good a car is aging will definitely reduce its reliability even if the owner has taken excellent care of the car previously wear and tear is INEVITABLE!
think carefully bro and make sure you allocate a lot of money for repairs
im not saying all this money will go for a repairs maybe even none will for a few months but its always better to be prepared rather than have your car sit in the workshop for long times later on and be carless
(true story)

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i believe alot of sifu here has given really good advise...

i cant rmb who wrote what, but someone did mention, give yourself some time (maybe 6 months from now) see what commitments u have to pay first, and after 6 months u will roughly know how much balance u have, and would it still be sufficient after installments for the "new" car?

else u roti also no money to makan...

like me.. =(

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i believe alot of sifu here has given really good advise...

i cant rmb who wrote what, but someone did mention, give yourself some time (maybe 6 months from now) see what commitments u have to pay first, and after 6 months u will roughly know how much balance u have, and would it still be sufficient after installments for the "new" car?

else u roti also no money to makan...

like me.. =(
agreed. dont rush into buying a car. think long n hard first cos the loan itself will keep u tied up at least 5-9 years. personal loan rite? even higher interest...so if u take 50k loan at 10 years oso will cost u about 5++/month? u must also factor in fuel/yearly insurance n worst of all is maintanance. it'll come to about 1k+/month. dun forget Vtecs very very sensitive about lubricating oil conditions...not advisable to use semi-syn past 5k or it'll sound very rough n less fuel efficient n theres news that engine oil prices will increase by about 6% from next month onwards...

roti nowadays oso damn mahal liau...i think drink plain water n 1 bowl of rice with some kicap oso hard to make ends meet...i this week aredy feeling the strain of the 1.5k spent...next month need to budget new windscreen, new rear bush set...i'm considering putting my EG to retirement n getting a cheap diesel 4X2 pickup for my daily driver rite now :rofl:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
same la bro. i think u and i are like on the same boat.

i think i already spent like... 10k + on both my cars, inclusive insurance and roadtax.... aduuhh... =(

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
10k!!! can convert to B16B liau loh....wat u spend until so much la?

if i had to spend that much in a month for nothing but maintanance costs...i'd jump off a building liau. so much to take out the pocket...really feel the burn.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
well... the only NEW i bought was the coilovers... cuz my old one too soft for my application.

rest are paying things which I dont see... car insurance + road tax X2 (cuz i maintain 2 cars)

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
so chinoz...after 2++ month...what car u drive now??
i'm sure u got a lot of gud advise from here:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear friend,did u all got any workshop got selling this yrv engine??i am finding suffering.pls pm if u know!!!thanks u :rock:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience