Buying My 1st Ever Car With My Own Money

ayap87

Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
it's kind a hard to find a used car that is in good condition nowadays...even with a new car..you'll get problems if you're unlucky...happened to my friend's new persona...and please don't put high expectation to the quality of those new cars (esp proton n perodua)..it's your choice bro..

my suggestion, better u buy a used car from end user, better if from a fren.....
at least u could ask bout the history, u buy from used car, try asking them bout the performance, history, in out of the car...i can guarantee they will know nuts!!!.....

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

honda ek2 convert ek9
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/342783-wts-honda-civic-ek-2-door.html

har1th7

Apr 1, 2008
dear bro,

asking here on what car to buy is like asking what to eat for lunch... u'll get 1001 opinion...
at the end, its up to ur preference...

Transmission: Auto / Manual
Door: 2 / 4
Body: Sedan / Hatchback
Engine: 1.3 / 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2.0
Engine: inline 4 / v6

The list can go on and on and on...

Unless ur born with a golden spoon inside ur mouth, then get an ek... or better dc5...

But among the best beginner car...
1.) handling: savvy , neo
2.) fuel consumption: savvy , myvi
3.) looks: ek , neo
4.) family car: seg , putra, wira 1.8

*ur still young, life is still long way to go, spend wisely...

chienoz

Apr 30, 2009
between eg n ek...get ek even tho the body heavier. it's got more mods u can do n body heavy isnt a problem since it provides better rigidity.

my personal exp is...honda ori spare parts a little on pricey side but engine is rock solid.

the 180sx is nice...but can u tahan the maintanance?

the cefiro is also a nice car...cant comment on this. dunno anybody who drives 1...
arturo..i loved ek..but as other people said, it damn expensive either the car n parts. but my frens said honda product is good.

180sx?maintanance very high ka?fuel?parts n service also high?

cefiro..anyone?

for ek, u cant nego much, cos the car can fetch high price...
aftermarket parts might be on the high side but its very reliable....unlike proton haha...

for 180sx, parts might be a problem....

cefiro, hmm....good car but its quite old...91/93 model.
DanzEterna....honda is expensive but the car is superb even old...
180sx..parts problem?it might be suitable for drifting only..izzit?correct me if im wrong..

cefiro quite old..but the car very powerful..heee

if you got heavy foot...of course the fuel consumption will be damn scary for any type of car..even kancil..the fuel consumption is quite good and reasonable actually..the parts are a bit pricey compare to proton..but the most important thing....it's a 'chick magnet'...:lollypop:
ayap87...yeah..i agreed with you..if we have heavy right foot..FC will hike like hell la..your really knew my intention..chick magnet..hehehe..actually,honda ek is my dream car since i was young..

bro you want to use personal loan to buy a car? seriously? and you just started working right for 3 months? owning the cars you listed.. is going to incur a lot of maintenance costs.. plus the repayment of loan, its going to be quite a hit on you. not to mention all the cars you listed are quite the fuel guzzler.

all of us would love to own rubber burning rides.. but gotta keep it real yo. don't want to see you selling it off later because of debt issues.

a great 1st car to buy would be a 2nd hand Proton Savvy manual.. dirt cheap, and helluva fun ride around the corners.
ixeo...yeah..want to try personal loan..cost car loan 9 years..monthly very high..i think lar..correct me again if im wrong...but if personal loan, monthly a bit lower but it will double the price..correct me if im wrong again..i love sports car..dats y i want to buy 2nd good reliable car..like honda..if can, i want to avoid proton cars...always give problems..currently im using proton, always stupid problem occured..this la..that la..fix this part, other part spoiled..fix that, other part spoiled..fed up oooo...wasting money..savvy is to small for me..

anyway,thanks for your brilliant advised..i will consider it too..

i can say, all the cars u listed above are at least 10 years old. reliability would be an issue since u want the car for work yes?

all 3 cars punya spare parts i'd say are on the expensive side also, i can guarantee u will require a massive cash balance after buying it to maintain it (say maybe 10k?)

u have 50-60k budget, u buy an 2 door ek at 55k, balance 5k? may not be enough because as u know, the "wanted" cars are cars that ppl buy to mod and whack the shit out of it...

and i personally can tell u, honda spare parts are NOT cheap.
arrowhead...i agree with you..that is y im doing my research first..2nd car must repair everything 1st after we buy it..thats y i need zth advise 1st. i like old car because i cant afford new n latest sports car..its beyond my finance..

Bro consider getting a car less old? Easier to maitain dont you think?
can u suggest me less old sports car?hehehe..thanks ya

I agree with arrowhear n starkiller...try getting something less old n spare parts for honda costs a bomb.
arturo..can you suggest to me too?around my budget..

maybe a satria neo...
DanzEterna..i love to have national car n i like satria neo design n their platform..but it was from proton..im so phobia with it..my fren all use proton, n complaint, after warranty finished, the car will broke or spoiled here n there..i also had a bad experience in proton service centre.. not a good quality workmanship..they will do good job if u watch them. at 1 time, they want to jack my car up, they dun really care ur skirting or bumper..they will just try to make it fast..luckily i was there n shout at them..this thing make me so phobia..

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

2nd hand perdana V6, bro? :biggrin:
proton car bro...huuhuhu..im phobia with it

YEAH, agree wid pv6.
still proton...

it's kind a hard to find a used car that is in good condition nowadays...even with a new car..you'll get problems if you're unlucky...happened to my friend's new persona...and please don't put high expectation to the quality of those new cars (esp proton n perodua)..it's your choice bro..[/QU

ayap87..yeah bro..im agreed with you...it just matter of luck..thats all..but i trustes japan made car..for now,honda is my mind...hehe..proton car..nah...it will be my last choice..perodua,much more better..my fiance used it..so far,everything smooth..3 years already..

my suggestion, better u buy a used car from end user, better if from a fren.....
at least u could ask bout the history, u buy from used car, try asking them bout the performance, history, in out of the car...i can guarantee they will know nuts!!!.....

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

honda ek2 convert ek9
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/342783-wts-honda-civic-ek-2-door.html
thanks for the advised bro..shud but it direct from its owner..n bring our own mech..luckily i have mech fren..hehe..

yeah..im like this car..but not now...have lots a thing to do...

dear bro,

asking here on what car to buy is like asking what to eat for lunch... u'll get 1001 opinion...
at the end, its up to ur preference...

Transmission: Auto / Manual
Door: 2 / 4
Body: Sedan / Hatchback
Engine: 1.3 / 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2.0
Engine: inline 4 / v6

The list can go on and on and on...

Unless ur born with a golden spoon inside ur mouth, then get an ek... or better dc5...

But among the best beginner car...
1.) handling: savvy , neo
2.) fuel consumption: savvy , myvi
3.) looks: ek , neo
4.) family car: seg , putra, wira 1.8

*ur still young, life is still long way to go, spend wisely...
har1th7...bro..i would like manual transmission, hatchback..2 door car...1.5 or 1.6...engine i dun mind but i want it powerful..heee...

eg 2 doors is to old ryte?

shawnzz

Sep 6, 2008
why not consider toyota ae111 with the 20v 6speed? I think the price is within your budget and you still have some left to spare.. Well its not a 2door, but it runs like a b16b and cheaper maintenance.

chienoz

Apr 30, 2009
why not consider toyota ae111 with the 20v 6speed? I think the price is within your budget and you still have some left to spare.. Well its not a 2door, but it runs like a b16b and cheaper maintenance.
ooooo..this kind of car...im not really in to it..hehehe...so sorry

kumar22mostwanted

Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
ooooo..this kind of car...im not really in to it..hehehe...so sorry
ic if u want manual and 2 door i would suggest putra
thought it is a proton i would say its very very reliable ive owned 2 putra so far and nothing major happen the most major thing that happen to me is clutch pump kong
power:very very nice already and if tak cukup for u evo 3 is always there and easily tranplantable
handling:so so oni but once fitted with UR superb
fuel consumption:very good for a 1.8 but the auto one like to minum(i had auto before this & now change to manual)
maintenance:pretty affordable coz most of the parts can be found at halfcut shops or even if u wan new parts its still quite reasonable
chick magnet:with VID or Promote bodykit i think why not
all this is just my opinion lah plus ive always preferred a coupe to a hatchback :biggrin:

chienoz

Apr 30, 2009
ic if u want manual and 2 door i would suggest putra
thought it is a proton i would say its very very reliable ive owned 2 putra so far and nothing major happen the most major thing that happen to me is clutch pump kong
power:very very nice already and if tak cukup for u evo 3 is always there and easily tranplantable
handling:so so oni but once fitted with UR superb
fuel consumption:very good for a 1.8 but the auto one like to minum(i had auto before this & now change to manual)
maintenance:pretty affordable coz most of the parts can be found at halfcut shops or even if u wan new parts its still quite reasonable
chick magnet:with VID or Promote bodykit i think why not
all this is just my opinion lah plus ive always preferred a coupe to a hatchback :biggrin:
yeah...i looked for putra too..but its still proton...im not underestimate proton,but i have a bad experience with the car n with the service centre..i want to try japan made car..heee

kumar22mostwanted

Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
yeah...i looked for putra too..but its still proton...im not underestimate proton,but i have a bad experience with the car n with the service centre..i want to try japan made car..heee
ahh icic well bro its your choice at the end of the day
but main thing is make sure you have the car ur buying thoroughly checked before buying it because secondhand cars are always a gamble
hopefully you are lucky when you purchase yours
good luck and happy buying :wavey: :biggrin:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
celica 3S leh? why leave the legend out? MR2 is nice but again, parts will kill ur wallet. cefiro i think quite good power with rb20/25, 4 door, rwd. i was thinking wanna get a31 soon and to be honest, parts aint that expensive unless major prob...imo..

chienoz

Apr 30, 2009
ahh icic well bro its your choice at the end of the day
but main thing is make sure you have the car ur buying thoroughly checked before buying it because secondhand cars are always a gamble
hopefully you are lucky when you purchase yours
good luck and happy buying :wavey: :biggrin:
thanks bro for the wishes..i hope i dun have any hazzle after buying 2nd hand car..:driver:

celica 3S leh? why leave the legend out? MR2 is nice but again, parts will kill ur wallet. cefiro i think quite good power with rb20/25, 4 door, rwd. i was thinking wanna get a31 soon and to be honest, parts aint that expensive unless major prob...imo..
celica...im like the latest wan..but over my budget..hehehe..MR2 also would be nice..but as u said, celica part will kill my bank acc..haha..

cefiro..nice car..nice body n great engine..but some say very old already..wat do you tink PR?
izzit cefiro part not so expensive n worth for it rather than ek 2 doors?

bro...all of us can give u some suggestions...but its up to u to make yr
own decision...

as u mentioned earlier, u minat honda eg or ek rite....just go for it bro....
ek u gotta budget rm50-60k even that full convert to ek9 specs with b16a engine
eg - bout rm30-35k also full conversion to eg9....

since young my dream car was sgti....finally after i worked i bought it......use it for 3 yrs then sell, at that time had an accident & need a 4 door family car.....so choose perdana....
soon my wife will tell me to sell it & get an mpv hehe....

go for your dream car.....just make sure u choose the correct car as mentioned earlier if u getting a modded car, better get it from a fren or direct owner......
cos when yr old u wont get to enjoy a 2 door hatchback anymore...unless sports car diff story le.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
now u can see cefiro selling at 28k...budget 50-60k so u have access to rectify/strengthen the car. alot of nice ceffys in the marketplace...too bad i choose not to commit to another car. plus lots of ceffy/skyline owners willing to help u source for cheap parts