Buying Altezza : Please advise

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
hi altezzans :confused_smile:

been looking around for an altezza this last few months..
(yup i know there some being sold in zth..)
some of the ones i've seen selling at the shops are bit run downed..(altho mileage is low...can fiddle ke?)

anyway appreciate ur advise on what to look for. in particular:-

1) unreg vs reg. does i matter?
2) mileage. critical?
2) TRD adjustable (some already have them...i want comfortable car. Are the adjustables hard, altho set at softest setting??)
3) lifetime of these adjustable
4) other things to look out for. maybe not wear and tear stuff, but major components/parts that can burn big hole in pocket

please poison. :_:

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
To answer ur questions:-

1) unreg vs reg. does i matter? IT DEPENDS ON INDIVIDUAL
2) mileage. critical? YES IT DOES, THE HIGHER THE MILEAGE THE MORE U NEED TO SPEND TO MAINTAIN
2) TRD adjustable (some already have them...i want comfortable car. Are the adjustables hard, altho set at softest setting??) SEARCH THE FORUM
3) lifetime of these adjustable SEARCH THE FORUM
4) other things to look out for. maybe not wear and tear stuff, but major components/parts that can burn big hole in pocket SEARCH THE FORUM

BETTER STILL, MEET UP WIT OWNERS DURING TTs

Cheers !!

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
ryonan said:
hi altezzarians :confused_smile:

been looking around for an altezza this last few months..
(yup i know there some being sold in zth..)
some of the ones i've seen selling at the shops are bit run downed..(altho mileage is low...can fiddle ke?)

anyway appreciate ur advise on what to look for. in particular:-

1) unreg vs reg. does it matter? it depends on buyer. if reg. most probably u can test the driving style of the previous owner

2) mileage. critical? dun refer to mileage as there's equipment to fiddle with it. things to look for is whether accident free?, comfortable driving feel, no weird sounds .

3) TRD adjustable (some already have them...i want comfortable car. Are the adjustables hard, altho set at softest setting??) it depends. some are good, like the 1 most of our member using, TIEN super street, comfortable and meant for performance as well. for TRD adjustable... u hav the right to test drive before buying . if they request for deposits , give it to them and request for receipt

4) lifetime of these adjustable everything hav it's lifespan

5) other things to look out for. maybe not wear and tear stuff, but major components/parts that can burn big hole in pocket same like any other japanese make executive car. its far cheaper than bmw and merc parts

please poison. :_:
please refer to the comments given. another thing u must bear in mind is always ask them to write down the car warranty period given to the receipt so that u hav something to argue when comes to after sales service. happy hunting

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
thanks..

i gather the altezza is not known for a specific common problem..
i saw one this weekend. mileage is abt 20k + but exterior does not look convincing. also fitted wif 5zigen exhaust..altho the engine looked stock..

one of the thing i find strange is the exterior paint colour and that of the engine bay is not the same...ie lighted shade of blue in the bay...guy say it is supposed to be like that. true?

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
ryonan said:
thanks..

i gather the altezza is not known for a specific common problem..
i saw one this weekend. mileage is abt 20k + but exterior does not look convincing. also fitted wif 5zigen exhaust..altho the engine looked stock..

one of the thing i find strange is the exterior paint colour and that of the engine bay is not the same...ie lighted shade of blue in the bay...guy say it is supposed to be like that. true?
the previous owner re-painted the car. suspicious...ask someone expert to check for u whether it's accident free.

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
i wishing you become a altezza owner soon....
welcome to join our family soon....

WELCOME!!!!!! Soon.......

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
martinchan,
how many "soons" laa? ..macam tak caya jer wa mau beli..;)

Think i've seen 4 altezzas over the last week. the nicest one so far is the one in uptown..except..:-
steering wheel is dwi-colour...i mean the 3 and 9 o clock position is dark brown...looks OEM but i dun think i notice this in the other altezzas...
oso the steering emblem is missing...hmmm..

the front bumper has bottom grill that looks very new..the whole car itself looks new except the engine bay looks bit old..even the muffler looks new..

finally, no ori rims...they replaced it with new k-speed rims. tyres are japan made though..

sigh...anyone here got any contacts for altezza? trustworthy one la. if u read the "cars for sale" forum, there is news going around that there is this one fella (name is chris) ppl say he is a conman...coincidently suppose to meet him tomorrow...not so sure now...

wla3366,
autocity opposite leisure mall cheras? was there..but didnt see a white one...

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
ryonan said:
martinchan,
how many "soons" laa? ..macam tak caya jer wa mau beli..;)

Think i've seen 4 altezzas over the last week. the nicest one so far is the one in uptown..except..:-
steering wheel is dwi-colour...i mean the 3 and 9 o clock position is dark brown...looks OEM but i dun think i notice this in the other altezzas...
oso the steering emblem is missing...hmmm..

the front bumper has bottom grill that looks very new..the whole car itself looks new except the engine bay looks bit old..even the muffler looks new..

finally, no ori rims...they replaced it with new k-speed rims. tyres are japan made though..

sigh...anyone here got any contacts for altezza? trustworthy one la. if u read the "cars for sale" forum, there is news going around that there is this one fella (name is chris) ppl say he is a conman...coincidently suppose to meet him tomorrow...not so sure now...

wla3366,
autocity opposite leisure mall cheras? was there..but didnt see a white one...
steering two colour? normal... almost every car same. steering emblem missing? can buy and replace but y bother so much? engine bay looks old? need some cleaning only. send to car wash rm10 settle. no ori rims? u wan? shift with me?? You should cautious on the engine idling, not loud idling after warming up, no weird sound, shifting smooth/good (no jerking).

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
rinagi,
when start the car, the whole car jerk a bit..i tot it was out of tune
but when i see the engine..it was vibrating quite abnormally..especially when pressing the pedal..
even the salesman agreed ler...but he said it was due to the engine mount which they can easily replaced..
any other reason for vibrations? and other things i should look out for?

thanks

WLA3366

Known Member
Jul 7, 2006
www.friendster.com
Rinagi,

i didnt know you r jerking... haha... sure like Poro said no worries but sure can check it out at william... or let me drift and see...

lam

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
lam... read carefully. ppl mentioning the car jerking not me...
ryonan, normally is the mounting prob. but if fuel too lean might also be the prob

techdroid

Known Member
Sep 4, 2004
i got one altezza silver colour year 2000/2005 bro. interested pm me. thanks.

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
so its tuning and engine mount ler. anything else?

techdroid,
the only prob wif registered ones is the loan....
anyway ugpm

tq!

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Ryonan,

There could be many reasons, with mountings being one..

i) choked/dirty throttle

ii) improper fuel/air mixture caused by screwed up injectors or worse..camshafts

In the worst case scenario, u might be dealing with a car that has worn out cylinders/ engine block...

I would suggest u forget about that particular vehicle and search for other alternatives ..good luck in the hunt

Cheers:shades_smile: