buying 2nd altezza rs200

NelsonBoy

Known Member
Jan 16, 2008
WWW.7AUDIO.BLOGSPOT.COM
currently gt 3 choices

- 99/08 - 140k km - 6MT - rm80k << dyno got 160hp
- 01/05 - 110k km - 6MT - rm80k
-99/00 - 130k km - 5 AT - rm72k << changed gearbox before....he claimed is 200hp

So any preferences in looking in buying altezza ?

Is the prices afforadable ?

hopefully not buy the wrong one... -(

any tezza owner can enlighten me ?

many thanks.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
currently gt 3 choices

- 99/08 - 140k km - 6MT - rm80k << dyno got 160hp
- 01/05 - 110k km - 6MT - rm80k
-99/00 - 130k km - 5 AT - rm72k << changed gearbox before....he claimed is 200hp

So any preferences in looking in buying altezza ?

Is the prices afforadable ?
So any preferences in looking in buying altezza ? Depends on yr own prefence!!:hmmmm:

Is the prices afforadable ? Depends on yr earning capability and budget!!

NelsonBoy

Known Member
Jan 16, 2008
WWW.7AUDIO.BLOGSPOT.COM
1) Toyota Altezza
Model:RS 200 Z Edition Manual 6MT
Engine:3S-GE Dual VVTi BEAMS 210bhp

-Reg year:2008
-Engine oil normally service every 4000km
-Full bodykit with D'SPEED Big spoiler
-17" wheels(Al alloy, ori from Japan)
-Full tinted
-PIVOT RAIZIN Volt Stabilizer with complete set
of GROUNDING CABLE.
-ULTRA RACING front strut bar
-HKS Speed Limit Defencer:Already removed the speed cut, can go over 18km/h!!
-HKS Hi-power muffler
-APEXI open pod air filter
-TREC(Throttle electronic controller)
-2DIN DVD/VCD/Mp3/USB/SD card touch screen player
-2 way alarm system with AUTO START and TURBO
TIMER
-ENDLESS brake pad
-TANABE lowered spring

2) Price: RM80 000 Reg. year: 2005
Mileage: 100 000 - 109 999 Make: Toyota
Model: Altezza Transmission: Manual
Engine Capacity: 2000 cc
Accessories: Solar Film, CD Player, Airbag driver, Airbag passenger, DVD Player, ABS Brakes, Sport rims, Central lock, Adjustable steering

Make/Modal= Toyota altezza 2.0 RS

Transmision= Manual

Reg Year= 01/05

Extra= O.Z rims, HKS power flow (mushroom), HKS exhaust system

3) Toyota Altezza RS200 (SXE10)
Silver-Gold
Year 99/00
5 A/T Tiptronic (200 BHP)
Full set Michelin Tyre - 70% Thread.
Original Altezza 17" Sports Rims

Altezza Grill
TRD Strut Bar
TRD Absorber
TRD SpeedoMeter (Discontinued product)
plus some other TRD parts.

Sunroof
Code Alarm
Full tinted with 80% UV Rejection from Tint Shop
Back Passanger Private window (Black)
Clean Interior

This unit replaced gearbox before. Cost around < rm3k.
He said some problem with tiptronic. Manual to auto . auto to manual.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Yes I am.... -)

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
If you have no problem driving manual, i recommend you to get a manual one.. Your modding choices are very wide open compared to Auto, cheaper too. Plus, the auto one it is said that it had some problems with the gearbox, better stay away from it bro. Any pics? It would help as our members can help identify the cars and give their feedback.

Btw, i saw your post in LYN forum back in 2008. you waited that long huh ?

NelsonBoy

Known Member
Jan 16, 2008
WWW.7AUDIO.BLOGSPOT.COM

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
If you want auto, it's no problem taking the third link you posted. full of goodies haha.

The 2nd link of the white manual Altezza looks promising.. mildly modded so you can carry on from there.

NelsonBoy

Known Member
Jan 16, 2008
WWW.7AUDIO.BLOGSPOT.COM
i think the 3rd is out ald since it changed gearbox b4...

the 2) i jz tested only. nice bodykits. the rear lamp also darken abit compare to normal lamp. front lamp is TRD punya... it has nice front n rear lamp also skirting/bodykits. but the only problem is that already got 2 owner...dunnot any problem with the car not. he told me the driver front absorber slightly leaking...is buddy club absorber....any idea ???

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i think the 3rd is out ald since it changed gearbox b4...

the 2) i jz tested only. nice bodykits. the rear lamp also darken abit compare to normal lamp. front lamp is TRD punya... it has nice front n rear lamp also skirting/bodykits. but the only problem is that already got 2 owner...dunnot any problem with the car not. he told me the driver front absorber slightly leaking...is buddy club absorber....any idea ???
maybe u can pm bro Bl@ckTezz@ the #2 car's number plate, cos he knows almost all the altezzas in m'sia !?.. hehe..

what is your own verdict from the #2 test drive? engine sounds smooth ? chg gear smooth?
engine bay area spot any leaking ? engine oil healthy level ? lower arm got any sound ?
rear axle got any sound ? haha.. i guess a lot to check if really wants to check ...
u said power steering heavy, u can test drive another unit at least for benchmarking
the glass is very dark lor ... lol.. tint gao-gao on top of privacy glass....lol..

Hard to relate ownership history (number of owners) with car condition, u kno what i mean.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
most importantly is to check the engine if it's still healthy, the gearbox, the axles and also the condition of the body. any alterations/accidents happened before that required the body shell to be altered? you should get a mechanic to go along with you to check on the car.

Genezza

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm.. i don think the numbers of owner is important .. most important is the car condition and sometimes your "FEELING" towards the car lol..

You have to standby for some replacement for wear and tear parts .. hard to find a perfect one..

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
Guides to buying a 2nd hand altezza.

Folks, whether we like it or not, unless the 2nd hand car is built in 2005, those built in years 98 99 or 2000 are definately old. this year is 2010

So my advice is...

if you like the car, get a mechanic to have a look. If engine is crappy, offer a lower price.
dun expect the autos or manuals in the 98 - 2000 era to last longer. its been 10 years...time to overhaul n redo the whole she bang.

suspension/bushings are bound to go. time to change.

even if you get a vios 10years old....its also the same thing. this is wear n tear.

you are buying an old car anyway.

you can never imagine the countless things i did to my car. lol n my altezza is made in 2000

NelsonBoy

Known Member
Jan 16, 2008
WWW.7AUDIO.BLOGSPOT.COM
the 2nd link lowest rm77000 with 2 owners already. but i notice the engine when starting will shake abit... like the engine-body loosen .... ada faham boh ??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

alloooz bros...

need some help...how to determine whether the engine is leaking or not...my engine got some oil stain on it.the mechanic said that maybe the engine is leaking...thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience