Buying a Citroen ZX.

shahosman

Sep 1, 2005
ipoh
i owned two citroen zx before first is the 1.9 , then the 2.0 volcane, not bad really enough for na engine...., but the best if you could give fully synthetic oil, then take care the thermal fan, . but body especially the bumper really strong....its really worth the money....i m looking for the 16v...really plush and somfortable too.
but before buying ...check properly....see the rpm meter when its idle....,see whether the rpm stable or not.if not that stable just above 2000 or up and down ...dont buy....
then the aircond...make sure there is no leaking or dont feel cold....because the aircond connencts with the radiator fan...then the condenser its abit expensive about 400.then the test drive ...try to take very sharp corner....see does it feels like throwing...to aside...if so it have problem with the stabilizer rod...., then milage laa...no white smoke or black or something.....then seee any signs of leaking at the engine parts or undercarriage.........ehhh contact me at [email protected]....i shall be able to advise u more k

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
so zan, what car you wanna buy now? :)
more and more helpful citroen owner reply your post.

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
Just to share what have I spent on my '97 ZX2.0i Volcane bought 2 years ago.

-Changed 2 pcs of plastic bearing in between alternator and pwr steering pump. Cracked in the middle of the night. still can drive but no pwr steering assist and have to reach home fast before batt flat. RM70/pc.

-External aircond tubing leak. Workshop welding RM100 incl gas refill.

-Bypass hot aircond RM70.

-Alternator Kong. Replaced recond unit RM290.

-Front brake rotor worn out. Change to Brembo OEM rotor S$80/pc + Grooving RM20/pc

-Change a set of cheapo taiwan "MR-6" 15" RIM + Yokohama 195/50/15 ES100. appox. RM2000

-Throw away the OEM muffle. Replaced with REMUS muffle. RM220 (2nd hand)

-Larger pipping. forgot the diameter. fstrader recommeded workshop RM400+

-Tapau 2004 honda accord 2.0 at traffic light. Priceless.

-Kena tapau by Peugeot 406 also priceless.

-0km/h to 100km/h not so fast.

-120km/h to 180km/h very fast.

-City driving fuel consumption super fast.

-Depreciation super dooper fast.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Seabiscuit said:
Just to share what have I spent on my '97 ZX2.0i Volcane bought 2 years ago.

-Tapau 2004 honda accord 2.0 at traffic light. Priceless.

-Kena tapau by Peugeot 406 also priceless.

-0km/h to 100km/h not so fast.

-120km/h to 180km/h very fast.

-City driving fuel consumption super fast.

-Depreciation super dooper fast.
hahahaha, Seabiscuit, this is damn funny post.

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
Haha.. Last time test power with my friend's new accord vtec. A priced less than 20k car can win 140k car. I feel damn 9 lansi like my car's the fastest in the world.

The next day went test power with a stranger's 406. Kena tapao balik!

Zx can go very fast but not the fastest.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Peugeot 406 is featuring in the Movie "Taxi 2", can sapu BMW flat. :D Dun play play.

off topic: Seabiscuit, are you still working in Johor? Where is your bunny suits avatar? :D

Last edited:

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
haha... Last time got ppl say it is a violation taking pic in the fab. quickly take out lor.

Never work in JB b4 lar. All the while in s'pore.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
zx kenot win 406 meh?? sure bot bro biskut? ehehehhehehee...

why last time i use can tapau them, but highway la...ekekekekee..:tongue:

differ

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Petaling Jaya
danielczh.multiply.com
cuzzy said:
I'm very satisfied when all those kancil turbos and wira without the evo engines get smoked! Priceless!

Spent so much getting the body of a kancil and have a L2 engine installed and having to upgrades this and that baru 60 horse power when it cost around 15 k or more depending on the kancil and halfcut u get .... My ZX just need to step a little on the pedal, :eek: yes .. muka like that lah when I zoom past them.

I bought my Citroen ZX 1.9 for less than 9k. I'm laughing my ass off when all those L2, L5 owners who are ignorant cocky street hoggers wanna tunjuk-tunjuk. Citroen is good enough to teach all those perodua and protons in my neighbourhood a lesson.

My original ZX will smoke them anytime! Priceless when you own a cheap car that kick ass in Penang. :rock:
not much entertainment in Penang i take it.

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
fstrader said:
zx kenot win 406 meh?? sure bot bro biskut? ehehehhehehee...

why last time i use can tapau them, but highway la...ekekekekee..:tongue:
406 newer car mar. Somemore my car absorber got some problem oledi. Last time u tapau 406 maybe the he never floor the padel ler.

As for my accord friend. he's quite disappointed oledi.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
Seabiscuit said:
406 newer car mar. Somemore my car absorber got some problem oledi. Last time u tapau 406 maybe the he never floor the padel ler.

As for my accord friend. he's quite disappointed oledi.
wei wen coming back le?? tt ok ma:biggrin:

kenlevin86

Known Member
Dec 29, 2004
KL
www.l2tt.net
hi guys... come come.. join us.. at www.mycitroen.net a new website for citroen owners and enthusiast and www.l2tt.net also for citroen performance car... both ste own by me... who say not easy to get the parts.. a lot in the market now.. soon we will bring in a lot of performance part from europe to our members... by the way i also own a citroen xantia .. being heavy but at 180kph.. very stable and the hydraulic system will surprise you... get a zx 16V manual.. anytime can smoke other jap na car (not turbo laa) .. can hit 240kph if you want...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
hey all frenz, i picked up a wira instead...saved me a lot of hassle...:D

but each time, i passed by a ZX, i got heart ache... really wanted to own one.

but i cud not take any chances on the car condition; dangerous 50-50 situation. in the end, i joined national car camp..:lol:

aerobrain

Mar 18, 2009
afirozia.110mb.com
Hi,
I owned a Citroen Xantia 2.0 Petrol Model 1994. I've been driving this car for 2 years now. The ride is really smooth if you know how to maintain. The Active Suspension system will cost you a lot as per mention above if you need to change all the spheres and hydraulic hoses. My Xantia has 6 spheres (3 front, 3 back) which will cost you ~RM300/spheres. The suspension is designed to be serviced at 50,000 km for Xantia and 100,000 km for C5 (correct me if I'm wrong).

I really love this car, but I really need to change to another car because I'm just a guy with normal income. :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey, so many people showing off their V-tec, MIVEC, VVT power graphs. So please anyone here that had modded their Campro or CPS, forced induction or NA. please post up your HP and torque graphs here so that people can know the true potential of campro and CPS.

Please show prove for any claims of power here. Cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience