Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Battery or Alternator ?? battery lights

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

YEN96

Known Member
Guys, recently my eg6 encountering battery indicator light up. The battery indicator lights up only during start up and idle. when i drive above 2500rpm, the indicator goes away. i confirm and tested during driving...indicator lights up below 2500rpm...above that no issue.

what could be the problem and any checks i could do myself before go to workshop ?

I just change battery and alternator about 1 year ago only. So fast mati already ?

I had the same problem for a while, then realise it was just a loosely connected alternator plug. Check your wiring and sockets, make sure all nice and tight.

I had the same problem for a while, then realise it was just a loosely connected alternator plug. Check your wiring and sockets, make sure all nice and tight.

Thanks for the advice, will do a check...r u refering to the plug on the alternator ?? the big rubber head plug ??

Thanks for the advice, will do a check...r u refering to the plug on the alternator ?? the big rubber head plug ??

Yeah. Mine was just sitting there so visual checking looked like it was ok, until I physically pressed it and it clicked in. So it was off-on connected which was why the battery lasted so long. The alternator has 2 connectors, one should be a plug or something and the other is just some ground terminal.

Yeah. Mine was just sitting there so visual checking looked like it was ok, until I physically pressed it and it clicked in. So it was off-on connected which was why the battery lasted so long. The alternator has 2 connectors, one should be a plug or something and the other is just some ground terminal.

bro, i just check the connection...yes, the head connection plug was loose, i pushed and it clicked in.

battery indicator still lights up...so i should now drive the car to charge back the battery ??

bro, i just check the connection...yes, the head connection plug was loose, i pushed and it clicked in.

battery indicator still lights up...so i should now drive the car to charge back the battery ??

Just drive it for a while and let the car recharge it or send to shop to recharge it. Monitor for a day or two and you should know the end result (whether it's still a problem or not)

Top Bottom