alternator and battery

nigel8

Nov 18, 2007
hi!need adviced from all ice sifu here..i hv 3 power amp.two 4 channel one is 2000w and other is 1000w and one monoblock 2000rms,one 5 farag cap 4 set of component speaker one pair 12 inch sub. need to upgrade alternator or battery?how many amp alternator needs and battery.Anyone got idea?thanks....

craziechild

May 11, 2005
Sarawak
ok... thats a lot of equipment you have there... are those wattage rms?

anyway... if budget allows, upgrade your alternator at least 30% of the current output... more doesnt mean better in this alternator thingy because i have heard that upgrading alternator decreases performance...

on the battery side... upgrade to NS70 would be nice as well... if you already have this size battery... i think its time for upgrading the alternator...

just my 2 shots of JackDaniels' monogram...

cheers...

Zenn

Jul 12, 2005
3 amps only, no big deal la.....are u having problems now? if not i wouldnt be worried. getting a battery one size larger would be easiest, alternator change isnt really necessary unless u have problems currently.

pisces23

Apr 30, 2005
hi!need adviced from all ice sifu here..i hv 3 power amp.two 4 channel one is 2000w and other is 1000w and one monoblock 2000rms,one 5 farag cap 4 set of component speaker one pair 12 inch sub. need to upgrade alternator or battery?how many amp alternator needs and battery.Anyone got idea?thanks....
I believe the 4 channel amps with 2000W and 1000W are not rated in RMS but rather at max.
I had not come across a 4x500W RMS 4 channel amp.
Even the 4x250W RMS are difficult to find.
Monoblock with 2000W RMS?? Rated at what impedence?? 4 ohm?? 2 ohm?? 1 ohm??
Like zenn pointed out, don't bother upgrading if you have no problems on the power supply.

nigel8

Nov 18, 2007
my car is iswara aeoroback...
my current setup is
HU=pioneer deh6050ub
4 cannel amp=HTG424 lanzar
SPEC
4 x 125W RMS @ 4 OHMS
4 x 250W Max @ 4 OHMS
2 x 500W Max @ 4 OHMS Bridged
4 x 200W RMS @ 2 OHMS
Electronic Crossover Network
Bass Boost Circuit
Bridgeable at 4 Ohms
2 Ohm Stereo Stable
Tri-Mode Capable
Gold RCA Inputs
Line Outs for 1/2 and 3/4 Channel
Low Pass Filter Controls
High Pass Filter Controls
Power and Protection LED Indicators
Soft Turn-on/Turn-off
THD: <0.04%
S/N Ratio: 90dB
Channel Separation: 65dB
Freq. Response: 15Hz~35KHz
Subwoofer Remote Level Control
Fuse: 20A x 2
Dimensions: 9.82''(W) x 2.34''(H) x 12.91''(L)

MONOBLOCK LANZAR
OPTI2000D
SPEC
700 Watts RMS Power @ 4 Ohms
1100 Watts RMS Power @ 2 Ohms
1600 Watts RMS Power @ 1.3 Ohms
2000 Watts Max Power @ 0.5 Ohms
4000 Watts Bridge Max Power @ 2 Ohms
Mono Block Subwoofer Amplifier
0.5 Ohm Stable
MOSFET Power Supply
PWM (Pulse-Width-Modulated) System
Double Sided Epoxy PCB Circuit Board
Gold Plated RCA Inputs
Custom Terminal Block for Speaker Connections
Thermal, Overload Short Protection
Remote Bass Control
Soft Turn On/Off
THD @ 1Watt/4 Ohm: 0.1%
S/N Ratio: 90dB
Frequency Response: 15Hz - 150Hz (+/-3dB)
Damping Factor @ 20Hz/4 Ohms: 400
Low Pass Filter: 50Hz-150Hz, 24dB/Octave
Variable Subsonic Filter: 15Hz-40Hz, 24dB/Octave
Variable Bass Boost: 0 to 18dB
Variable Phase Control: 0 to 180
Input Sensitivity: 200mV ~ 8V
Input Impedance: 10k Ohm
Line Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
Fuse Rating: 30A x 6
Dimensions: 10.08'' (W) x 2.12'' (H) x 19.1'' (L)

COMPONENT SPEAKER
MB QUART DICCUSS 216 (FRONT)
DIAMOND M6 (REAL)

SUB
OPTI1222D LANZAR(2pc)
SPEC
Custom Tooled Die-Cast Aluminum Basket
Aluminum Alloy Cone Structure
Massive Butyl Rubber Surround
2.5'' High Temperature Dual Voice Coil
65 Oz x 2 High Density Barium Ferrite Magnet
Power Handling: 900 Watts RMS/1800 Watts Peak
Frequency Response: 26- 800 Hz
Impedance: Dual 2 Ohms Voice Coils
Efficiency: 86dB
Includes Installation Hardware and Template
Packaged In a Wood Box

CAPASITOR
5 FARAJ LANZAR

Above is my current ice, used 2 years already....

UPGRADING NEXT WEEK(ADDITIONAL AMP AND COMPONENT SPEAKER)
ADD AMP
1)4 CHANNEL AMP MXA 422 LANZAR
SPEC
4 x 250 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
4 x 500 Watts Max at 4 Ohms
2 x 1000 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged
4 x 450 Watts at 2 Ohms RMS
Electronic Crossover Network
Bass Boost Circuit
Variable Phase Shift Control
2 Ohms Stereo Stable
Anti-Thump Turn-On
Tri-Mode Configurable
Soft Turn On/Off
High Low Level Inputs
Blue Light Illuminated Crossover Control
Power Protection LED Indicators
Advanced Protection Circuitry
Bass Boost Remote Control
T.H.D:<0.04%
S/N Ratio:>90dB
Channel Separation:<65dB
Frequency Response: 15Hz- 35kHz
Dimensions: 10.47''W x 2.46''H x 17''L

ADD 2 SET COMPONET SPEAKER
1)HELIX PRECISION H236
1)PIGASUS PG65

my upgrading planned is;
MB QUART (REAL) use HTG 424 4 channel amp
HELIX (FRONT DOOR) HTG 424 4 channel amp
DIAMOND AND PIGASUS WILL REAL BONNET (OPEN CONCEP) use MXA 422 4 channel amp

i will replace my all speaker wire when ugrading....based my current setup something i cant start up my car,when start no power delivery wait a while can start again..my battery is free maintanance one,last time my friend bring back from japan used one,i used it untill now more 2 years already..

thats all my info for u all sifu...any idel or suggest to my setup pls dont be hesitates give u expert suggestion...(now still looking around jb area for good installer,if got good installer in jb pls recommend )
thanks you ...:proud:

Zenn

Jul 12, 2005
battery gone liao.....try get normal tambah air type, maintenance free tends to die faster....

pisces23

Apr 30, 2005
With the 2x20A fuse used in your 4 channel amp, I think the 4x125W rms is over rated.

I am using one 4 channel amp with 4x135W RMS and a Class AB 600W RMS output monoblock and I have no problem on my stock alternator and the upgraded NS70 battery, bearing in mind that the class AB mono sucks more power than a Class D one.
My car is the '05 Accord.

And on my suggestion on your set up:

1) forget about getting extra amp and component speakers for the rear.
2) power your front components full active via your existing 4 channel amp.
3) get a reputable installer and tuner.

nigel8

Nov 18, 2007
thanks for suggestion, i will change my battery...thanks Zenn...update with u all after upgrade ok. thanks...

mnkh0027

Jan 14, 2004
Pj, Selangor
www.audio-creations.com
my advice:

1) 30% upgrade alternator from your stock.

2) deep cycle battery (for heavy draw/deep drain so your battery plates don't crumble) if you can afford, or if you can't stick to wet type (avoid maintenance free)

3) 1-2 sizes bigger on battery size/storage capacity as long as your stock area can fit snugly.

4) avoid blasting your music at idle and turning off the vehicle with battery half drained. try to make it a habit to turn off your stereo 2 mins before you reach your destination so you can charge your battery to full. continental cars have their fans run till the temp sensor tells it to cut, even after engine is turned off, so imagine if you blast at idle before that, your regular battery will be worst off, drained and will not last long because it is never fully charged at most times.

^_^ cheers.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

oh ya:

5) branded batteries and not copycats. buy a varta battery, not warta. =)

Vyraz11

Mar 7, 2006
hey, my 2 cents:

agreed, ur batt kong d
agreed always use wet

heres a tip tho, used to have d same issue, my solution:
1. turn down ur ice and turn off when engine running
2. With ICE off, just run ur engine awhile (if ur lazy like me, just hook up a turbo timer and set for 1 minute or more. not less coz ur engine may not start)

hope it helps

pisces23

Apr 30, 2005
my advice:

1) 30% upgrade alternator from your stock.

2) deep cycle battery (for heavy draw/deep drain so your battery plates don't crumble) if you can afford, or if you can't stick to wet type (avoid maintenance free)

3) 1-2 sizes bigger on battery size/storage capacity as long as your stock area can fit snugly.

4) avoid blasting your music at idle and turning off the vehicle with battery half drained. try to make it a habit to turn off your stereo 2 mins before you reach your destination so you can charge your battery to full. continental cars have their fans run till the temp sensor tells it to cut, even after engine is turned off, so imagine if you blast at idle before that, your regular battery will be worst off, drained and will not last long because it is never fully charged at most times.

^_^ cheers.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

oh ya:

5) branded batteries and not copycats. buy a varta battery, not warta. =)
Not only conti cars, my little Kancil has this feature too!!:biggrin:

nigel8

Nov 18, 2007
hi to all and thanks for u adviced,anyway i've already changed my battery to top up air one Ns70 and upgraded my alternator to 110.Actually my planned is spl setup now already changed my mind to sq setup...helix in front and mb quart real used 4 CHANNEL AMP MXA 422 LANZAR
subwoofer used MONOBLOCK LANZAR OPTI2000D.power cable from battery to amp changed to 2 power cable now the power supply to amp more stable and enough.Anything is fine now,only need to changed my HU.I need sifu adviced to chooise this two HU alpine 9887 or pioneer p80rs2.which is better go for my ice setup?thanks

Zenn

Jul 12, 2005
p80 la. price also far apart....

nigel8

Nov 18, 2007
thanks Zenn...i will go for p80 lol...anyway just to share with u all,after upgraded my system.My installer add one more 4 gauge power cable from my battery to cap,his say one 4 gauge from battery is not enough power thats why when play the subwoofer will jump here jump there not stable and the sub not playing shiok sendiri lah...not matching with the mid speaker....his recommend me 0 gauge cable to me but too expensive lah...from battery to behind cap need around rm500 wow..so his add one more 4 gauge,now got 2 4 gauge from battery to cap become 2 gauge right...his say thats enough already..after upgraded battery to NS70 and alternator to 110amp and power cable 100 amp fuses...changed amp 2000watt to push up my front helix and real mb quart...and tweeter aluminum pod on my front pilar from my helix tweeter with soldered cable...20 minute turning from my installer...now the sound improved a lot specially my subwoofer now very can feel the punch and work together with my mid speaker..he said good turning result is u can feel all the music instrucment even the sub punch will come from u dashboard,u can feel the sub is from front not from real...like concert from front not from real...now i can feel it a bit lah......the last his said will changed all my speaker cable with siver protection something like that..his found my speaker cable some already corrusion.Only his said get the time alightment Hu is perfect enough to play the SQ.All this sound improved its is bcos my addition power cable?really important power cable?or bcos my upgraded more amp battery and alternator or its is HU is playing important in all system setup?need adviced again to all sifu lah...

appleyard

Dec 20, 2004
Hi Nigel

If you would aim for SPL, I would suggest a battery per amp and let your stock battery runs the 4 channel. To slap a stock batt with stock alternator with a 2000w amp will only result in damage in your alt and your amp.

Also the Lanzar Heritage is a low efficiency amp which draw huge current. The Opti is a good amp which produce rated power @0.5 ohm but you need to supply it with enough power. If not mistaken it draws [email protected] ohm with 13.6v and 160-180amps.

As for power cable, you dont have to use those aftermarket 0 gauge cable. Just get the 400a welding cable in your hardware store would be enough. Definitely not eye candy but it does its job at 1/4 of the cost.

Anyways, what car and what alternator did you get?

nigel8

Nov 18, 2007
thanks appleyard FYI....Now my 4 channel is Lanzar Max pro 422 2000watt,i can feel it more power than heritage 1000watt lah..Anyway now got a trouble for HU...thinking to get alpine 9887 than pioneer p80rs2...i go for alpine bcos of the sq wise and most interested is PEQ and GEQ adjustable frequency,i more prefer 5 band PEQ than 16 band EQ...Both of HU are very good.My installer said, SQ go for alpine and functional go for p80....anyone got advice for this 2 HU?b4 i make decide to buy alpine 9887.thanks

Zenn

Jul 12, 2005
the p80 definitely sounds better than 9887. if u want alpine try to find 9835, 9855, 7998..

i got some Q...i need to know what's the different with 4G92 mivec n 4G93T!i need some info pls ^_^