battery kill switch ?

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
i read some articles bout someone having it in the car

can I ask what does it actually mean ?
it will switch off the battery so that the car won't turn on if not on ?

if so , i think it is quite useful for preventing theft ?
coz it can make the car unstartable ?

anyone know how to DIY one ?
or just get one installed ?

red mini 8 7 8

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
In the car
i would say... if you said its the battery kill switch, everytime you switch off and on, you need to reset all of your audio settings in the headunit, clock and so on. Plus alarm wont work also

maybe you are saying ignition power switch ? or some sort

as i know there are switches to shut the fuel pump... So the engine cant be started.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
disconnecting the battery...means window smashed, no alarm will ring...

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
i think the battery kill switch is merely to stop the alternator from leeching energy from the main engine power output , simple as that.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
battery kill switch is used mostly in race/track/drift/competition cars where they can quickly kill the power from battery in case of any fire or short circuit happened during accident...

most competition track cars must have a lever which connects to the battery kill switch via cable so track marshall can deactivate the switch from outside in case of emergency...

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
I have used one of them before ... The FIA type (they are 300-500 ringgit) not your regular from Brothers or something. Basically it has two main poles, one on each sides for your battery cable. Then in-between the two main poles, are four slot-pins; a pair for fuel-pump; and another pair for ignition or starter.

In the event of accident, you just turn the key, and it cuts battery power, fuel-pump, and ignition. If you have the regular "I wanna be racer look", even if you cut the switch, the car will continue to run as it draws power from the alternator when it is started.

As for clock, radio, alarm etc ... you can wire it to the life-side of the terminal, but make sure you fuse the components :idea:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just installed a centre bullet for my exhaust system. The guy at the shop said in order to extract n feel more power I need to change my stock muffler too. Is this true? Btw, if I want to modify my air intake system to open port type the guy said it is gonna cost around rm400. Is this a reasonable price?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience