How to DIY-Battery master switch

ghostz32

500 RPM
Mar 13, 2006
Hye all..
Anyone knows how to install battery master switch & what is the functionality actually

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Its function is to cut off the main power supply from the battery for safety reason. I think installing it should be pretty straight forward. Just cut the positive cable and attached this between the cut cables and place at hidden place...correct me if I'm wrong

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
*actually not at hidden place...

it supposed to be at easy to reach place like centre console...

to cut-off electrical power in case of crash and to avoid spark if any life wire become contact with metal on car body...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hahaha...thanks pomen but I think ppl here put is to avoid the thief from starting the car right?

ghostz32

500 RPM
Mar 13, 2006
I see..so its rather straight forward installation..think of getting it..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
normally the one put cut-off switch using smaller normal type switch...and normally related to ignistion switch wire only...

but the type on TS psts was for emergency cut-off unit.... :adore:

*but also can be used as 2ndary main switch...

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
POMEN GTR is right..... some use a smaller switch hidden from view to isolate the ignition switch power and connections, so thief cannot start the car from the ignition switch connector. Thats pretty simple.

The photo shows a different switch, which is used to isolate the battery power from the car, and it needs a relay to do this. A pretty high amperage rating relay. And wiring must be such that in any occasion the power or contact to the switch is lost (accident dashboard tercabut), the relay will open automatically isolating the battery to the whole car. If its wired wrongly, any disastor, or wire putus, the battery will maintain connection to onboard systems deeming it pretty useless......

Hope the above clarifies..... happy DIY-ing.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys...can modify drivetrain from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive? is it possible? anyone done it b4?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience