Advice for 17 or 18 inch rims

Jun 15, 2011
Singapore
Hi,

I'm a newbie driving a FD2R now. Currently, i'm still contemplating between switching to 17inch or retain as 18inch.
I'm not really a hardcore trackie, but occasionally track once a month. But more of daily street driving.
Appreciate if someone able to advise whether should i change to 17inch rims or remain as 18inch?

Thanks.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi,

I'm a newbie driving a FD2R now. Currently, i'm still contemplating between switching to 17inch or retain as 18inch.
I'm not really a hardcore trackie, but occasionally track once a month. But more of daily street driving.
Appreciate if someone able to advise whether should i change to 17inch rims or remain as 18inch?

Thanks.
This really is your own choice. 18" are expensive and bumpy, but looks real good and perform much better. If going for comfort maybe even 205/55/R16 which is used in the FD.
Something in between then 215/45/R17 used in FD2.
To save money, I suggest you maintain 18" and use Nexen tyres. Either N6000 (directional & comfort) or N8000 (performance) and they are much cheaper than most other tyres like Yoko, Michelin etc...
(Don't misunderstand, I am not downgrading you)

evoodo

Jun 15, 2011
Singapore
This really is your own choice. 18" are expensive and bumpy, but looks real good and perform much better. If going for comfort maybe even 205/55/R16 which is used in the FD.
Something in between then 215/45/R17 used in FD2.
To save money, I suggest you maintain 18" and use Nexen tyres. Either N6000 (directional & comfort) or N8000 (performance) and they are much cheaper than most other tyres like Yoko, Michelin etc...
(Don't misunderstand, I am not downgrading you)
Hi,

Thanks for your advice. Appreciated. Yes, I was very contemplating until I have also decided to stick back to 18 for its factory default design. I believe Honda has done their own R & D to decide what size of the rims is recommended & perform better.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi,

Thanks for your advice. Appreciated. Yes, I was very contemplating until I have also decided to stick back to 18 for its factory default design. I believe Honda has done their own R & D to decide what size of the rims is recommended & perform better.
In that case, can save on not changing the rims. Just decide the right tyres.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

SAtria SPoiler.. giv some idea pls... gonna change spoiler... mugen sideskirt, Putra front skirt,2 small piece rear skirt and i wanna change spoiler... what spoiler suitable for me?? any idea pls...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience