6-speed gearbox for kelisa possible?

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
... will wider tyres causing my car harder to achieve top speed??...
no....what i meant was if the tyres has been changed to 16 or 17 inches then the speedo reading would not be accurate but the rpm would still read correct...but since u dont have correct speedo reading then u cannot use that as a guide to read yr rpm reading at certain speed. but if yr tyres are of original size or very close then no problem as the speedo would read correct.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Guys, Its my mistake. Check what i have studied. Hehe....confused..:biggrin:

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004

i think matspeed makes customs gear ratios for their trackcars. anything is possible with money. i know you can fit a 6-speed transmission in an old mini's gearbox if you got around 20k.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
one thing i realise... rev higher rpm at first few gears when u pickup... ur top end will be easier to reach with lower rpm... thats why when exiting any toll in highway, sure i rev till about 4krpm only change gear... hehe...

Kelisa R - MJz

Known Member
Feb 24, 2004
^_^

Possible! Why no?

But sure you got money to do that la!

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
no problem bro..we all still learning from time to time.

what i said previously that relates the torque value and the top speed at highest gear for kelisa has been experienced by my friend that drive kelisa NA with haltech E6K and mid cam (264 deg ?? can't remember)..he's also a member of ZTH, his nickname is Kelisa187, u can PM him for more info.

if i remember correctly, last time he said to me that his kelisa can go around 170-180km/h in 4th gear but when he change to 5th gear..the speed drop from 170km/h to 160km/h and below.

that's why i said if u have the longest ratio in gear 6 also u can't get the highest top speed u want. all depends on ur engine's high rpm torque

wk1168

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Penang&Puchong
flamefox850 said:
no problem bro..we all still learning from time to time.

what i said previously that relates the torque value and the top speed at highest gear for kelisa has been experienced by my friend that drive kelisa NA with haltech E6K and mid cam (264 deg ?? can't remember)..he's also a member of ZTH, his nickname is Kelisa187, u can PM him for more info.

if i remember correctly, last time he said to me that his kelisa can go around 170-180km/h in 4th gear but when he change to 5th gear..the speed drop from 170km/h to 160km/h and below.

that's why i said if u have the longest ratio in gear 6 also u can't get the highest top speed u want. all depends on ur engine's high rpm torque
speed dropped when in 5th gear.. interesting... not gonna get 6-gearbox liao... 5-gear is enuf i think.... at most also i think is to tune the gear only.. ok??? ok kua... :D

wk1168

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Penang&Puchong
et5828 said:
my kelisa can only go 100km in 3k rpm
weird
paiseh... 120km/h mine about 3200rpm.... :D

wk1168

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Penang&Puchong
kirks said:
with so many kelisa models, which is which?
I wanna buy a 1K CC manual, but I damn blur dunno which is which.
Anybody with ideas?
a bit off topic and a bit late reply... paiseh...

those bumpers same color as the body color >> 1000cc
those with black color (not-painted) bumers >> 850cc

those limited edtn >> 1000cc

thats wat i know

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm wanted to paint my car before CNY, any recommended place to go for? cheap cheap one and quality not bad also la...

my base is white colour, so i need only to paint a layer of white onto it, maybe 2k white, champion white or the white colour like DC2 one..

how much does it cost? some quote me Rm1200, some above RM1500... 1200 is ok, but heard workmanship is so so only..

anyway, my budget are around Rm1.2k... if can get...

thanks zthians :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience