SJ
go tuned ur gear ratio.... :biggrin:

kelisa no need fly so fast la...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap... coz kelisa body weight much lighter ma... plus with its 1.0L engine, sure can smoke many cars... jz tune ur gear ratio... u might sacrifice a bit of acceleration, but surely ur top speed will improve after tuning...

my problem pulak, my iswara doing 4krpm at 120kmh... anyway i can tune my gear ratio so that it travels 120kmh at about 3k-3.5krpm without much sacrificing my acceleration??... jz decrease my top gear ratio a bit rite??.. does tuning gear ratio need dyno the car as well??..

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
this my kelisa.......
meter habis d.......

was driving with 4 people in the car....
my fren driving wira next to me said i was goin around 180+....

kelisa damn power ....gud car

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
kiran84 said:
this my kelisa.......
meter habis d.......

wah... this is after tuned gear ratio??.. or some other serious mod done to the car??... fuhyoo, can fly adi... :eek:

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
yeap... coz kelisa body weight much lighter ma... plus with its 1.0L engine, sure can smoke many cars... jz tune ur gear ratio... u might sacrifice a bit of acceleration, but surely ur top speed will improve after tuning...

my problem pulak, my iswara doing 4krpm at 120kmh... anyway i can tune my gear ratio so that it travels 120kmh at about 3k-3.5krpm without much sacrificing my acceleration??... jz decrease my top gear ratio a bit rite??.. does tuning gear ratio need dyno the car as well??..
is that possible ?? i mean tuning the gear ratio to achieve lower rpm at higher speed ??

anyway the normal rpm for a iswara doing 120km/h shd be 3.5-3.6k only & nothing more !!! if it is showing more than yr clutch has worn out a bit or slipping. at 4k the speed shd be between 135-140km/h.

this is same for proton saga/iswara/wira 1.3 & 1.5......unless the original tyres has been swapped for something bigger ( more than 3% from the original tyre height )

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
kiran84 said:
this my kelisa.......
meter habis d.......

Bro, where have u been ? Long time didnt c u posting wan...alien kidnapped already ah ? How are you ? HOws the conversion thing going ??

wk1168

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Penang&Puchong
tune gear means? no need change the gear inside the gearbox? how much would they be to be tuned?? im noobie.. paiseh

wk1168

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Penang&Puchong
kiran84 said:
this my kelisa.......
meter habis d.......

kiran... u r extremely... crazy... i like it!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
simon said:
is that possible ?? i mean tuning the gear ratio to achieve lower rpm at higher speed ??

anyway the normal rpm for a iswara doing 120km/h shd be 3.5-3.6k only & nothing more !!! if it is showing more than yr clutch has worn out a bit or slipping. at 4k the speed shd be between 135-140km/h.

this is same for proton saga/iswara/wira 1.3 & 1.5......unless the original tyres has been swapped for something bigger ( more than 3% from the original tyre height )
hmm... reply to ur questions...
not sure if my clutch worn out or not... but if i remove the CAI when travel on highway, i can achieve 140kmh at 4k+rpm..
my tyres width for front is 175 with 13" stock rim... will wider tyres causing my car harder to achieve top speed??...

kirks

May 27, 2005
melaka
with so many kelisa models, which is which?
I wanna buy a 1K CC manual, but I damn blur dunno which is which.
Anybody with ideas?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i think stock gear ratio if okay..it let u had optimum pickup and also highspeed...and also fc...but if u wan more speed, y not just tune ur engine for higher power?
if u wan highspeed with low rpm, then just change ur fif gear or ur final gear ratio to lower..then u can get it...

but, if u change to much lower ratio than ori, u might not able to reach the desire speed..because ur engine had no power to push the fif gear to that speed...

did u play GT1,2,3,4 b4?

wk1168

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Penang&Puchong
Err... whats that... im noobie... sorry....

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
TitanRev said:
bro, not flaming u here ah. Just want to say that torque is more on the starting to move period of the car. From what i studied, when speed increases torque reduces.
turning force or torque is strongest when a vehicle starts to move cause al the weight has to be pulled by the engine itself and against the road friction but when a vehicle is on the move it will generate an inertia force so torque is less needed cause it already has a momentum to move already. correct me if I'm wrong.
i dunno what u study but i suggest u refer most of cars dyno graph...u can see how important torque is. torque generate power (hp) that pull the car from standstill to topspeed.

u must have been confius what torque is i think :)

p/s: what u all mean by tune gear ratios ?? someone pls clarify hehe

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
ur car torque power and overall bhp must tally properly ma...
if u have all the torque also no use... cannot go fast... but if u dont have the torque to push ur car from standstill, u cant fully optimize ur car performance...

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
hehe got another person confuse what torque is.

FYI the formula to get HP is torque X RPM / 5252

so, the number of HP generated is depends on torque on that particular rpm bro.

when u dyno ur car, what u get is torque value and the dyno machine will calculate the HP for u. so, torque is as important as hp to move car either from standstill, or cruising, climbing hill or whatever. its just a matter of which rpm range does the engine got more torque (this translate to which rpm range the hp being generated more)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how to make my kancil faster without changing the engine or upgrading it with a turbo
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience