4wd in proton :)

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
my mech did it on his putra but i nvr ask how he did it..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
measurement are critical..thus it is just better to change the rear floor...

since u'll be buying rear halfcut already..so why not use all of the required part instead of dumping it.....

mototo

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
NSW
Visit site
Some pics that i saved whilst researching for this project eons ago
This is done to a lancer coupe / putra for y'all

The proper way of doing it.
1. buy 1x awd rear cut. Carefully drill out all spot welds for rear diff hangar bracket, rear floorpan, rear bracing.
2. take 1x CC chassis and drill out rear floorpan spotwelds.
3. MEASURE EVERYTHING
4. reweld awd diff hangar, floorpan and bracing
5. weld tailshaft hangar in the middle of the tailshaft tunnel (if you are lucky enough to get it in your rear cut

The faster way of doing it.
1. buy 1x awd rear cut. Cut out rear diff hangar section only.
2. cut the same on a FWD CC chassis
3. MEASURE EVERYTHING
4. reweld awd diff hangar, cut out floorpan and bracing if you wish
5. weld tailshaft hangar in middle of tailshaft tunnel

Picture of the faster way of doing it

There's about 6 or 7 of these evo coupe's running around in australia. I thought about it before. then i weighed the numbers... decided to buy an evo instead. hehe

... but i still diy'ed my own gsr conversion to my coupe... :biggrin:

Btw, the pics above are 2 different cars. The green one is still unfinished afaik (owner selling project and moving on) and the red one's AWD shell was some to someone in Western Australia.

Last edited:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
[H] [K] [S];1063772505 said:
End of the day still unable to endorse rite?!
yo DAN the thread starter is our very own taufu kit from POC on FB :biggrin:
but yeah end of day will never pass a puspakom inspection but roadblock can pass with the right bodykits :driver:

E-V-O-M-I-V-E-C

Known Member
Jun 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Cause if wira or normal satria..they have the cut the floor..or leave a hole at the back as u can see in the picture above..but putra and satria gti or perdana we already have a curve like evo before our boot :)
so u jz weld the bracket..from my runner..if u didnt cut ur floor is ok :)
weld and cut are alor different.

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Endosement sure can't already but even you do not plan to endose for Wira chassis 4wd is darm obvious don't mention JPJ block even normal patrol car can spoted you right away from behind.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
sorry to interrupt.. just want to confirm, if I may...

they say perdana oso like putra/satria, no need to cut... izzit true?

because I saw one perdana twint turbo at my mech shop... looks like normal but when he jack the car up, my mouth were just gaped!

tak sempat mau tanya, the car and its owner quietly leave the shop after paying...

mototo

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
NSW
Visit site
If the malaysian domestic market perdana/satria/putra's rear floorpan looks anything like the second or the sixth picture i posted up then yes no need to cut. Otherwise definitely need to cut. Confirm 100%.

Or the owner did the proper method, which if u ask me is not cutting but rather rebuilding to factory specifications. No sheet metal has been hacked and everything is rewelded to the original welding points. In fact, bout 5 -6 years ago, a brand new AWD rear floorpan can be purchased from MMC as a part. Did not come cheap though.

Heck, replacing the roof skin involves the same procedure actually. Drill out spot welds, remove rusted skin, and replace with new skin and reweld

The first, second and third picture is welded with the brand new floorpan. The fifth and sixth is fitted with a rear floorpan drilled out of an evo.

No protons sold in australia had the AWD floorpan. This includes C99 satria's and M21's (putra's). Otherwise going through roadworthy would be a breeze as the road transport authority here allows modifications so as long an authorized engineer sights the conversion and ticks off all the boxes to allow it to pass (brakes, suspension, emission, etc etc)

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Can be done. Can pass JPJ block if they don't suspect anything but what happen if your car is involved in an accident. It will be a complete write off since you cannot claim insurance. Whether you bang people or people bang you it's gonna go to the junk yard. Something to ponder if you are going that way.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Can be done. Can pass JPJ block if they don't suspect anything but what happen if your car is involved in an accident. It will be a complete write off since you cannot claim insurance. Whether you bang people or people bang you it's gonna go to the junk yard. Something to ponder if you are going that way.
True true unless use it on the track or on anything except on the road..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last Sunday, October the 23rd I was honoured to be a part of the fairly regular Blue Jackets Sunday Drive from KL to Port Dickson. Whereas the Ferrari and Lambo guys couldn't make it this time, there was still a plethora of German and Japanese exotica to choose from in the form of Nissan GT-Rs, various Porsches, Audi R8 and a BMW 3-Series.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience