Converting 4WD

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
Guys i need so opinion on this matter....my friend had just brought 4WD system...he is using stock EVO 3...so...any of u guys think that its a wise choice to install the 4WD rather than 2WD..i know its "haram" and some of my friends say the fuel consumption and top end goin bad....but traction and handling r better...and some say with stock evo3 2wd VS stock evo 3 4WD.....the stock evo 3 with 2wd is the winner on highway....is it?any comment on using 4WD? thanks guys

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yes... 4wd drivetrain drains quite abit of power compare to 2wd drivetrain....
but with excessive power from evo engine, i would choose better traction rather than insane speed....

czarnuch

Feb 26, 2009
I can tell you 4wd rules in all cars.
My friend has colt 4WD 1.6l dohc (145HP) and i was in colt 1.6 sohc(121hp) and result of start on1/4mile is:
(wheels are the same in cars 195/50/15)
i was starting at 3k RPM (smoke from wheels)
Friend started at 6k RPM and only thing i saw was his plate on rare bumper.
Nothing not a pip from wheels...
some time ago we have training on closed parklot.
I have ability to test his car. Its insane- this car its not to strong but every corner was so thight, traction of this 4x4 car its just so good you can do everything.

cars are werry similar engines too but when we compare taraction... my just dont have it when i see what can i do whit 4x4.

I will transplate to my colt 4wd from Evo 3 because its so fun.
on high way i will win on speed but its not worth it.... 20km/h more its nothing when you can drive on wet tarmac 4x4 like FWD on sunny day .....

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
czarnuch....what do u mean with this? "on high way i will win on speed but its not worth it.... 20km/h more its nothing " means lose top speed?how to make the top speed for 4wd better?high cam?adjustable cam?..btw thanks for sharing czarnuch.....