1.6 4g92 to 1.8 4g93 Conversation

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
Hi! Sifu and Bro here can i know from Proton 1.6 4g92 to 1.8 493 Conversation with runner how much does this cost? or i just change my block first to 1.8 493 then onli slowly upgrade and tunning it which one better thanks.. my bajet is limited thanks sifu sifu

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

any sifu can advised me? i plan to upgrade to 1.8 is that possible? thanks so much sifu sifu here...

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
u plan to change the whole engine assembly into 4g93 or just the head/block only? better change whole to avoid hassle. clean the whole stuff and do overhaul etc, so it will serve u good without frequent breakdown or regular maintanence etc which take more time and hidden cost. once u satisfied with the performance, or better put the durability of engine condition only move to upgrading works.

as usual move in with the intake, exhaust and exhaust manifold i.e 4-2-1 etc.

the cost? go mudah.my
can get a rough idea on how much each stuff cost, different region different price etc

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
if you are going to pay road tax for 1.8, i would recommend straight goto 4g93t.

This engine is getting very rare, but it would be worth it. Take care of it, and it will last.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need you guys' help to give some lights.
Engine: 6A12 NA
I experienced occasional erratic engine behaviour mostly after running hot for sometimes. The engine would run like loss of breath and feel some power loss, it ran not as smooth as it used to be. When I pulled over at the roadside, the idling was very rough swing between 200-1000rpm but not stalled. Disregarding the problem I kept on driving slowly @60-80km/h for 30mins the phenomenon disappeared for no reason. It ran smoothly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience