4g92p

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

devraj

Known Member
Brothers and sisters,

please feel free to giv some comments about this engine.
please comment anything, that you think a person should know about this engine.

Anything BAD about this engine?
i heard some guys out there complaining that this engine always giving problems....is that true? please advise...since im lack of cash and i need a good power engine then my 1.3Efi.

-advise - advise-

yup that's true
my sis drive her 1.6 wira 4 a long time
the engine does not hv any problem at all 4 almost 5 yrs

from stock to raped, still no problem... very happy with it. Whoever complains about it surely haven't been treating the engine well (wayyy over rev, not properly serviced) things like that which also can make Honda EX5 kapchai engine (world's most reliable engine) kaput!

4g92p ar?? the problem wit TB & the fuel meter lo... the rest ok...

d3s said:
4g92p ar?? the problem wit TB & the fuel meter lo... the rest ok...

yeah TB is common prob. but engine is sweet and feel really more powerful compare to 4G15 even though the diffeerence is about 15bhp only.

redline at 6,500rpm.

DAMN TB!!

Yeah, changed my TB twice in a years' time. The ISC gears are made up of plastic, so the thread tends to wear out easily. There's a so called new solution to the problem, that is by changing the gears to copper ones, like what I've just did recently cos the plastic one worn out again. If you're opting for an auto tranny, try to go easy on it...else wish you luck. Do regular checks and services, and try not to torture it cos another common problem is oil leaks although i've yet to experience it.

zan said:
yeah TB is common prob. but engine is sweet and feel really more powerful compare to 4G15 even though the diffeerence is about 15bhp only.

redline at 6,500rpm.

DAMN TB!!

Rev cut at 7k RPM

my rev cut only at 6,500 just like zan.
SO,yours 7,000??hmm...

TB problem??how about using perdana TB?any good???

my engine giving me all kind of problems. Most prolly is the previous owner... anyway, if ya using auto box then the box WILL be your problem...

i think what u hear is not 4g92p engine. but it gearbox.
auto g/box always make prob.

4g92p engine is ok

d3s said:
copper gear?? how much u change??

I paid RM250 for just one copper gear change + service. Anyway, I think i'm overcharged by the workshop cos the price is quite irreasonable for only ONE copper gear change. What to do, the mechanic knows my dad quite long liao, so take opportunity cut throat.

we all should set up a club.

Problematic 4G92 owners club.

i volunteer myself as the comittee.

reddice said:
my rev cut only at 6,500 just like zan.
SO,yours 7,000??hmm...

TB problem??how about using perdana TB?any good???

Perdana TB n the out TB is the same la...
V6 TB is diferrent..

the 4G92P auto tranny is super fuct up thought dude! 2 frens of mine have changed a FEW auto gearboxes in TWO years! yet still kong! They dropped a manual box, no problems till now! :)

Im A bit blur now... what is TB la? i didnt get the message clearly actually...
if i get one 4g92p engine... what should i do... please tell me... new bie here :)

i'm oso a newbie here. using 4G92P oto 1 . got small2 problem only. how to prevent the gear box from kong ar. got any idea?

devraj said:
Im A bit blur now... what is TB la? i didnt get the message clearly actually...
if i get one 4g92p engine... what should i do... please tell me... new bie here :)

TB mean throttle body.. the which control ur throttle.. ( control ur air intake)... to take care of ur TB... u must use better air filter.. change whenever is dirty.. clean ur TB... that's how u maintian ur TB... :tongue:

popcorn said:
i'm oso a newbie here. using 4G92P oto 1 . got small2 problem only. how to prevent the gear box from kong ar. got any idea?

To maintain an Auto Gearbox.. u must change ur gear oil every 20,000 km... wit a better gear oil...

Top Bottom