4G91: how to Turbo it!!

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
madf said:
Detomaso,
I used to turbocharged my Putra. I used a GSR manifold and turbo(td04L).
Boost was set at 0.45 bar because it was an auto. I used GSR injectors, 390cc.
And it was controlled by AFC. Better to get a chip or a programable ecu.
E-manage is only rm1500.
I still have the complete kit. It will be a plug and play for any 4g91 or 4g93. PM me if you are interested.
no nit e-manage..... because some of the pomen said 4g91 ecu can rechip..... much more cheaper.... plus we just wanna built then engine to become fast jer.... not to become ten second car..... thirtteen second pon kira ok la...... hahahaha

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
detomaso_runna said:
you bought only for 1k?..... so cheap huh..... TJ from KSP ask me use supercharger piston....... whuts the diff ehh??? supercharger and turbo piston???
Yeah... hardware alone... not including software and installation lar... hahaha... =Þ thats why I said worth it or not the package would depend on what's included in it.

In a way, u can say that there's actually no such thing as supercharger pistons or turbo pistons... its just one way of calling it. Hehehe... by asking u to get supercharger pistons, he didn't mean pistons made for superchargers... he meant for u to get the pistons from the 4AGZE, which are from the Levin 1.6 supercharged engine. These pistons are ceramic coated (if i'm not mistaken)... therefore can withstand more torture than conventional ones. (btw... if u're serious about the turbo project, maybe I can get better price for u from KSP, but when u confirm want only we talk la).

When people say 'turbo pistons'... they are usually referring to forged pistons... or maybe GSR's pistons in ur case.

But i'd STRONGLY NOT RECOMMEND any of these 2 choices... simply because of the bore difference. 4G91 bore is 78.5mm... GSR ones are 81mm, 4AGZE i think is also 81mm. U need to bore 2.5mm which is quite an overkill. If u want to change internals... go for custom made JE pistons. Safer. You'd probably spend about the same amount anyway... rebore will cost u 1k+, pistons maybe 400-500 bucks, then new piston rings... etc. Might as well custom order a set of JE pistons for roughly around 2k. They come with new piston rings.

If u do decide to go for the 2.5mm rebore.... then good luck 2u my friend! hahaha... 4G91 block design can't really take that much rebore... it'll get too close to the water jackets... thus making the block weak.

Assuming my 4G91 with stock internals, TD04L (small small only) boosting at 0.8 bar managed to dyno 170hp on wheels and whack every stock GSR there is on the road.... imagine what you'd get if u had a TD05L and JE pistons allowing u to boost up to 1 bar!!

Have fun modding... getting there is half the fun.

Last edited:

LiquidVamp

Jan 23, 2006
hello..
im new here..
im using a 4G91 oso..
so..from all these, what is da best way 2 masok turbo in 4G91?
sorry..im juz a newbie..
thanx

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
detomaso_runna,
no ler... now no more 4G91 liauz... wakakkak.. =Þ upgraded to 1.8... so now 1.8 BOT! hahahah...

So far... to be honest... of my many years driving the 4G91... i've never seen a 4G91 BOT before. Most of them already changed to 4G93 block first before they BOT.

LiquidVamp,
best way to masuk turbo would be to read up A LOT on it so that u'll know whut u'll need, and how to maintain it properly. One of the main reasons for an unreliable BOT would be because the owner not knowledgable enuff so dun know how to properly take care of the engine properly... then kaboooom.
And not to mention u'll need heaps of cash reserved aside for emergency purposes... at the start u'll probably end up spending 5k or so (Depending on how good u are at sourcing cheap stuffs) and then I'd recommend u keep at least 2-3k as reserves.

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
wahahaha...... alvin....you using block 1.8 or you using 4g93T??? waaaaa using 4g91.....just upgrade the injector..... now using mivec injector...... any suggest??? any injector good for 4g91.....

LiquidVamp

Jan 23, 2006
alvin..thanx.
anyway..wut is BOT? can u tell me wut did u do 2 ur 4G91?
maybe my 4G91 can be a 4G91 BOT oso..haha..

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
LiquidVamp said:
alvin..thanx.
anyway..wut is BOT? can u tell me wut did u do 2 ur 4G91?
maybe my 4G91 can be a 4G91 BOT oso..haha..
BOT - Bolt On TuRbo...... hahahahaha hopefully i can do like alvin..... simpan more money...... another 6 month after business fully established am gonna BOT...... hahahaha then buy impreza... kuakuakua dream dream dream

ahmad subang

Apr 19, 2006
oso not sure bout that...anyone there have the experience of BOT this engine...i just want to noe the outcomes......im expexcting it will chow like gsr...hahaha

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
hahahaha can chow like gsr...... think theres one b8 1800 can chow skyline.... skyline cc bigger ma... but can wiin...... pandai mods can tapau any car la...... last two years my fren satria win with skyline..... green satria.....

alvin...... i saw your turbo engine..... in some post..... don remember the url..... nice engine you have...... RESPECT..... hahahahahaha