• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine and Performance

4g63t tappets

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
hi fellers, i know for a fact dat 4g63t tappets are well known in producing all dis iritating noise...wat i wanna know from any experts in here...

1- anyone wants 2 let go 4g63t tappets?
2- any solutions?

all comments are highly appreciated..

thanks

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
where is your location? i can intro u a mech to fix the problem

i was quoted :

RM40 for a rebuilt tappet
RM80 new tappet

workmanship RM100

thats in Bkt.Mertajam

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
wow cool bro...but d bad thing is im in KL....:( any other solutions???

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Since it is hydraulic, just change to a better quality oil or service / clean the tappets.

Mine was making noise (even on cold mornings and hot afternoon).

Changed oil from Castrol Magnatec 15W/40 to Motul Power 15W/50 and the noise went away. I also did a full engine flush before using the new oil. It is wise not to mix.

Now already travelled 2,500km and still no noise. Next service for me is around 4,000km. Will use Motul again. Worth the price of RM 95.

Magnatec sucks! :(

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
thanx bro 4 d comments n advice...i used 2 use magnatec s well til a sifu told me its not good...so currently im using shell helix full sintetik bcoz of some event dat happened at a workshop b4...m planning 2 use either eneos or q8 oil...donno about the former (eneos) but heard a lot of good things about d latter (q8)...will update feedback when i change...

in d mean time,anymore,suggestions/solutions/advice? much appreciated..

thanks in advance everybody

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
fazidk,

Thought it was only the 93Ts that have such problems hehe dint know 63s had this kinda thing too.

Yeap, thicker grade oil should do the trick. Also, I think the price ftzone quoted you was for one tappet, so you should know how many tappets are they..do the math..I did and it made me shiver..hehehe

BTW, im not saying that the price ftzone quoted is expensive, in fact it's actually quite reasonable but when it multiply it up... :o Damn, I hate maths...

threebond

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
You want har... just cal me 012-2463666.the tappet complet with the installation/workmanship.Location Seremban.2nd hand items.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Originally posted by hamsap@Feb 22 2005, 17:47
Thought it was only the 93Ts that have such problems hehe dint know 63s had this kinda thing too.
Actually, all Mitsu engine have this kind of problem...

edmundturner

Known Member
Aug 21, 2004
The problem is due to the accumulated oil gunk which buildups in the hydraulic lifters.
Some have tried to change to thicker synthectic oils to muffle the noise.
Some have had good results using thinner oils, whereby the thinner oils seep's in the lifters and flush the dirt out.

Some are as unfortunate as i was. I tried changing to a varierty of oils to no avail.

I decided to take them out and clean them.I soaked them in degreasering agent while pumping the lifters to get the gunk out. After it was cleaned I primed them with oil and installed them. They chattered noisily at first but after 5minutes, it was blissful silence.

You can actually clean them with VERY good results. This all depends on the condition of the lifters.

edmund

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
thanks 4 all d feedback fellers...really appreciate it...

yo 3bond..i dont mind driving down 2 seremban but i need 2 know d condition of d tappets 1st...u selling or just giving it away??:)

edmundturner....u know how 2 do it??im blur wiz dis technical stuff...dont mind paying u 4 d service charge..:) beats goin 2 d mechanic s i work in SIC n by d time i reach his workshop,it b too late..hope u dont mind...

let me know...s usual i appreciate all feedbacks/comments/solutions...yam char every1...im buying but mamak only la eh..hehehehe

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
Originally posted by fazidk@Feb 24 2005, 12:50

let me know...s usual i appreciate all feedbacks/comments/solutions...yam char every1...im buying but mamak only la eh..hehehehe
fazidk,

For a while, i thought you were buying the whole mamak for everyone who replies in here..hehe

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
hello bro...giler la like dat...u shld b doin dat coz u now rich man...lots of ppl buy ur swoosh...inc me..:)...ello everybody....yam char on hamsap (sounds funny n a bit wired doesnt it??? hehehehe)...hehehehe

ahmadbudiman

Oct 2, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Originally posted by fazidk@Feb 24 2005, 12:59
hello bro...giler la like dat...u shld b doin dat coz u now rich man...lots of ppl buy ur swoosh...inc me..:)...ello everybody....yam char on hamsap (sounds funny n a bit wired doesnt it??? hehehehe)...hehehehe
:) :)

flazh

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by edmundturner@Feb 24 2005, 12:39
The problem is due to the accumulated oil gunk which buildups in the hydraulic lifters.
Some have tried to change to thicker synthectic oils to muffle the noise.
Some have had good results using thinner oils, whereby the thinner oils seep's in the lifters and flush the dirt out.

Some are as unfortunate as i was. I tried changing to a varierty of oils to no avail.

I decided to take them out and clean them.I soaked them in degreasering agent while pumping the lifters to get the gunk out. After it was cleaned I primed them with oil and installed them. They chattered noisily at first but after 5minutes, it was blissful silence.

You can actually clean them with VERY good results. This all depends on the condition of the lifters.

edmund
Heh..do agree wit u...u r so damn rite..
dis could be very common problem for mitsubishi engine such as 93,63 or 61..
i also facing d same problem.. but after i service the lifter all the lousy noise were vanish! its really no need 2 change all 16! Change aa??!! if u r making money then dats another story la..
Go for service, n change only d jammed one la..i used 2 get rm15/unit last
time(half cut la..)

okeh, i do d math for u..:
1.Lifter: rm15-20/unit
2.Workmanship (i went 2 kym sri muda): rm170
3.Engine oil (depends on wat u gonna use)
4.Oil treatment (highly recommended 2 use 1)

Normally, its 1-2 units only jammed..n if u r lucky enuff, there's only need a service..but roughly, it will cost u just around 250-300..if more than dat..hehh..bull shit!
In fact u also can DIY..it's very easy ma..no need any special tool..just 10th size spanner, long flat sc/driver, a paint brush, and a cup of diesel..hehh..cheersss!!
:ph34r:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
To service, basically you need to remove the cam cover and remove the lifters? I have never service these b4...

Later, need to apply sealant to the cam cover right?

flazh

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by acbc@Feb 26 2005, 11:15
To service, basically you need to remove the cam cover and remove the lifters? I have never service these b4...

Later, need to apply sealant to the cam cover right?
:D
U r rite. But 2 remove d lifter, its no need to dissamble the rocker arm. Just slip it out (aside) using screwdriver. But make sure d valve is at full closed condition for d rocker dat u wan 2 remove, otherwise..just forget it. Then, d lifter can just b removed by using plyer.
Used to service it several times..
Gud luck!

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yo flazh....was wondering whether u cld service d tappets 4 me???i dont mind providing all d necessary things u need...i dont even mind paying u a small service charge....just s long s d noise is GONE...:) irritating la...u know wat i mean...well,if its ok wiz u..then gimme a buzz @ 0132308754...thanks

p.s. oh ya...im in KL...n i might have a kancil wiz d same prob s well...(buat bisnes bro...)

flazh

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by fazidk@Feb 28 2005, 17:09
yo flazh....was wondering whether u cld service d tappets 4 me???i dont mind providing all d necessary things u need...i dont even mind paying u a small service charge....just s long s d noise is GONE...:) irritating la...u know wat i mean...well,if its ok wiz u..then gimme a buzz @ 0132308754...thanks

p.s. oh ya...im in KL...n i might have a kancil wiz d same prob s well...(buat bisnes bro...)
Heh..just can help u online bro..i'm quite a bz man, travel a lot..
Otherwise, probably my fren could help u..he's a foreman..i'll deal with him 1st n will get back 2u later..
His house @ subang mewah (giant area)
How about dis weekend? give him a call..
0196554347-awang, n dun forget 2 mention my name-oyea B)

reubenlee

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Originally posted by fazidk@Feb 22 2005, 13:34
hi fellers, i know for a fact dat 4g63t tappets are well known in producing all dis iritating noise...wat i wanna know from any experts in here...

1- anyone wants 2 let go 4g63t tappets?
2- any solutions?

all comments are highly appreciated..

thanks
i got a solution for this problem which is to use the engine oil by the name of am1

it is tested by the salesperson on my car and also my mech's evo..

it does remove the noise

threebond

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Originally posted by fazidk@Feb 24 2005, 12:50
yo 3bond..i dont mind driving down 2 seremban but i need 2 know d condition of d tappets 1st...u selling or just giving it away??:)

ermm just give me a call..because all those parts (tappet) is used ones.But i will take a look a good one for you.I sell it to you lar..but with reasonable price .The tappets i will service and clean it up first before installed in your cylinderhead . orait.take my no.012-2463666.

by the way its up to you..or you take the thing from me and install it at you place.Never mind.

Because last time i bought the another head just for the things only.Actually i already survey the price from PROTON.The brand new is almost RM100-150 and the used RM80.00.And i check one by one tappets and parts by parts.So..

erm...flazh..RM15 per unit is damn cheap. Why lar :rolleyes: i never seem u before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Pagani's are great, they look really good, they go really fast, basically it's almost the best darn hypercar money can buy, and in that lays the problem. With all that exotica, comes a stratospheric price tag as well, making it out of reach even for some of the filthy rich.

But that's about to change, according to company founder Horacio Pagani, a new V8-engined Pagani could soon enter development...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience