4G63T Engine Questions

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Hi guys

My airtrek is reaching 100,000kms soon so thought I should ask a few questions about parts I might need to replace. Not many replacement parts in NZ.

1) Engine mounts - can I use Evo engine mounts?

2) Can I buy a Evo 5/6/7/8/9 Engine with all the turbos and manifolds etc and mate it with the gearbox? Will it work? Because got quite a few rebuilt 4G63T motors for sale here.

3) If I wanted to replace the clutch, what brands should I go for?

4) Is it better to use a MAF sensor or convert to MAP sensor? This is for my TD05 conversion.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
engine mount i dun think its same(not sure)

engine evo 4-9 is Plug N Play basic

clutch alot of brands, exedy, os giken, ogura, hks, cusco, ACT...etc etc

if got engine management, use MAP is always more accurate. and the engine bay looks nicer as the MAF housing is deleted

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Yes intending to use the stock gearbox. Will be attaching a transmission cooler at my next service because intending to reflash the ECU to run 95 Octane at 1.1bar. Whys that?

LegacyGT

Nov 9, 2008
Not really overkill. Its recommended as the heat levels increase due to higher load due to increased boost levels.. Our ATR comes with a factory ATF cooler most of us here add an additional ATF cooler to deal with the heat. Preventive damage control for the gb.

carnetics

Nov 27, 2012
New Zealand
Yeah exactly. Also, I've seen what certain builds with this car on the on the tiptronic gearbox are capable of. So this is also a sort of "for future use" as well. Just one question though.

To those in NZ, when you have a ATF cooler or a Oil cooler, what happens during winter? Does it adversely affect any of the fluids/mechanisms?

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Oh and anyone know where to get stronger engine mounts? Or do Evo ones fit?

zharif syahir

Dec 31, 2012
Selangor
Yeah exactly. Also, I've seen what certain builds with this car on the on the tiptronic gearbox are capable of. So this is also a sort of "for future use" as well. Just one question though.

To those in NZ, when you have a ATF cooler or a Oil cooler, what happens during winter? Does it adversely affect any of the fluids/mechanisms?

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

go for mivec turbo!huhu

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand

Not sure bout the cooler in winter, i havent put one in yet. I know for a car that only has the one in the radiator you hook it up before that do it can still heat to optimum temp before the gearbox, that is of course assuming yor not running your coolant too hot.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Only weeks after the Ferrari and Lexus crash in Singapore took place, another taxi had become a victim of careless driving in Shenzhen, China. And the culprit behind this incident this time? A red Nissan R35 GT-R, with yet again a drunk driver behind the wheels...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience