4g63 crank in 4g61 block

61tom

Aug 17, 2012
miramar, florid
Mods if this is in wrong place please move to proper.

I have often wonder if this is possible and if it has been done.

There are many places which do not allow larger engine displacement, road txs, or whatever, this conversion sounds very logical, and I am pretty sure it has been done.

Thanks for any info.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
can, u can use back ur conrod, but u need to find a piston that is 6.5mm lower than the your 4g61 :D , where u gonna find tht buddy

61tom

Aug 17, 2012
miramar, florid
Piston pin location will determine the height, I think there must be something available or maybe custom made, this idea came to me after reading how good the 61 motor is and all the parts that can be used from the 63 and also it would be a killer motor.

Maybe it can not be done but it does not hurt to ask or experiment and maybe someone has tried it before.

Thanks for your reply

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i would say possible if u manage to source (order custom parts for:)

1)shorter piston deck
2)shorter conrod

to justify the shorter block which amount to drax's post +- 6.5mm

:adore:

61tom

Aug 17, 2012
miramar, florid
I am trying to find a piston first and if I come up with something even close to 0 deck I can always have the block surface.

If I dont find any pistons then I will look for another rod, but that would be more difficult.

I am almost positive someone has done this, and maybe not telling HA HA HA.

I am going to try the forums in Australia and New Zeland since they also fool around a lot with these engines

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no need looking around here......your perfect place to find those item was on those factory website such as JE piston website,eagle us website etc etc......they have custom part order form....u can order their product at any specification u want..... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi There,

can anyone tell me what will happen when fuel pump is faulty or going to faulty.

my car will juk juk juk if i stay at 3K or 2K any rpm speed..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience