NBTD - I'm BORED

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
While waiting for my carpet to dry i cleaned the front passenger seat while its out of the car. Its night and day now. Front seat is at my living room. Last night i got bored and removed the rear bench and staryed cleaning it. Below is the result;
20210814_223736.jpg

Could not finish cleaning it as i ran out of apc...if only i dont ran it over while reversing.Now waiting apc to arrive, ninjavan is terribly slow.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Leather? you will need to nourish it back with leather conditioner......
Yup, got a Turtle Wax leather conditioner. Been using it all these while.
I did switch to Meguiars Gold Class leather conditioner once but their dispenser mechanism and bottle is of low quality and tend to leak. Waste of precious liquid.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, got a Turtle Wax leather conditioner. Been using it all these while.
I did switch to Meguiars Gold Class leather conditioner once but their dispenser mechanism and bottle is of low quality and tend to leak. Waste of precious liquid.
So much for expensive MG stuff...hahaha. Can't you transfer the MG stuff into another bottle?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So much for expensive MG stuff...hahaha. Can't you transfer the MG stuff into another bottle?
I did but only so little is saved, about 1/4 or a small mineral water bottle. This is due to the original bottle was having a slow leak. I only notice what happened when i saw liquid dripping on the floor from the shelf that i store the MG. Normally i apply the conditioner once a month so 30 days of slow leak.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
unwrap the plastic from your car... go give it a spin... do a ZTH... :-)
He need clear highway doing top speed......hhahahhahaha
Did some weekend tapau runs to Subang! Lol

Btw finally got my Evo roadtax sticker from Myeg after almost 3 weeks! The other 2 were only 1 week plus, not sure why this last one so slow.

Reactions: minibeany

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Did some weekend tapau runs to Subang! Lol

Btw finally got my Evo roadtax sticker from Myeg after almost 3 weeks! The other 2 were only 1 week plus, not sure why this last one so slow.
My road tax all done at Post office, did an appointment and exactly 3 transactions.......lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ha? Post office appointment? How you did it.
Click this:-
Go to outlet finder, click the post office you want
Click Book your JPJ service appointment
Click the services you want
See whatever dates and time available, and book it
Fill in particulars and they will send confirmation to your email
On the day of appointment, they even send you a reminder..... :driver:

Reactions: sweelt and Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
My Waja wet carpet problem is sorted out or to be exact it sort out itself. The drain pipe is plugged in properly all these while and the shop i went to could not find the cause as now the water is dripping properly though the drain pipe. I just let it be then.

Yesterday i went to my parents house ( dont worry i dont violate any NRP sop here ). I walked past my brother Iriz and the state it in just bothers me. It was not so dirty on the outside but inside is a mess. After talking to him i took his car home and left my BLM for him to use. Too bad i dont have the before pic. Last night i washed it and on goes first layer of Perma Glass and this include the rims and the door sill area. For such a small car, its tiring to apply esp at the front bumper area. While waiting for the Perma Glass to dry, on goes Rain X for all exterior glass except side mirror. While waiting for that to cure, on goes plastic shine thing for all black exterior plastic inclusive of the wiper frame and door weather strip thing. After everything is wiped off i decided to call it a day at midnight last night.

This morning, i vacuum the car and apply the plastic shine thing to the interior plastic. Then, on goes another layer of Perma Glass to ensure proper coverage. While waiting for this layer to cure, i touched up whatever plastic part i missed last night due to lighting condition permits proper coverage. Below are the results;
20210901_124045.jpg

This car is bone stock. The rear left bumper at the corner was damaged and touched up after it involved in a collision when my brother was doing Grab. The paint is not so 'metallic' at that area.

20210901_114839.jpg

The front bumper is the most difficult part to work on.

20210901_124243.jpg

20210901_124150.jpg

lots of plastic trim inside thus this car consume lots of the plastic shine thing. Interior was vacuum cleaned. Those fabric seats are in need of cleaning but that is for another day.

Will be handing the car back either today or tomorrow.

Anyway, just to share. This Iriz is the first variant model and mileage is still below 50k km. Its a decent city car with good fc. Its good enough for long distance but fc is higher compared to its rival due to the cvt gearing ( most of it ) and the hatch design (aerodynamic). Handling is solid yet comfortable.
The CVT is reliable despite my brother driving habbit. Yes there are people whom said the CVT gearbox in proton are problematic but those are reserved for the cfe powered model. I guess CVT are not meant to handle power and weight. I know of one Preve CFE owner with kaput gearbox at 250k km and another Exora CFE owner with kaput gearbox at below 150k km. The difference between those 2 is the Preve is maintained according to the recommended interval at Proton while the Exora maintenance is questionable. My advise, 1/2 the fluid change interval. CVT fluid is cheap. Those whom DIY the fluid+filter change will know how much 'material' stuck on the pan or the magnetic drain plug.

Built quality for the first model is still questionable but its much better than older gen Proton. Only thing that rattle in this car is something inside the gear lever console. Both side rear wheel bearing has been replaced. I guess this is down to the FGK bearing installed from the factory. BLM suffer the same issue. The replacement bearing we used on this car is from NTN. Another problem this car face now there is a sound and play from the steering rack but i think this is down to user and not problem from the part itself. Not sure if electric power steering rack can be adjusted for play. I let my brother handle this.

What i like about this car;
1.Good ride and handling
2.Decent build quality
3.Cheap maintenance ( i know this coz this car is DIY maintained )
4.Excellent aircond
5.Economical
6.USB ports for charging...hey, both of my cars are old junk, so having this is a jackpot for me..hahaha. Will retrofit on my waja and BLM soon.
7.Safety unlock where we can configure it to only unlock the driver door. Most new car have this but i believe this should be a mandatory safety feature regardless of the car price segment. Proton start this on the Exora.

What i dont like;
1.Blind spot..try driving out of a junction. The A pillar might be on the way. Good thing the nose is short so u can creep further forward.
2.Rear leg room is too small. Yeah i know...its a small car.
3.Huge glass area...require decent tint
4.CVT not refine, not much can be expected from clutch based CVT. It will jerk under certain slow movement. Some claimed newer version had this resolved.

Thats it for now...at least for the Iriz.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My Waja wet carpet problem is sorted out or to be exact it sort out itself. The drain pipe is plugged in properly all these while and the shop i went to could not find the cause as now the water is dripping properly though the drain pipe. I just let it be then.

Yesterday i went to my parents house ( dont worry i dont violate any NRP sop here ). I walked past my brother Iriz and the state it in just bothers me. It was not so dirty on the outside but inside is a mess. After talking to him i took his car home and left my BLM for him to use. Too bad i dont have the before pic. Last night i washed it and on goes first layer of Perma Glass and this include the rims and the door sill area. For such a small car, its tiring to apply esp at the front bumper area. While waiting for the Perma Glass to dry, on goes Rain X for all exterior glass except side mirror. While waiting for that to cure, on goes plastic shine thing for all black exterior plastic inclusive of the wiper frame and door weather strip thing. After everything is wiped off i decided to call it a day at midnight last night.

This morning, i vacuum the car and apply the plastic shine thing to the interior plastic. Then, on goes another layer of Perma Glass to ensure proper coverage. While waiting for this layer to cure, i touched up whatever plastic part i missed last night due to lighting condition permits proper coverage. Below are the results;
eh dude.. can share the plastic shine thing you use? Does it make faded black plastic panels more black ?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
eh dude.. can share the plastic shine thing you use? Does it make faded black plastic panels more black ?
Now i am using Sonax. The front bumper black plastic was faded and u can see its black and shining in the picture above. Same goes for the plastic cover under the wiper. This is the first time i am using the brand and on exterior plastic. Picture for your comparison ( i missed some spot at the plastic cover under the wiper;
20210901_214749.jpg

U can see the difference esp at bottom of the picture. Or u can check the pic i post earlier at the front bumper where my bro installed the DRL. U can see the difference where the plastic have a deep very narrow vertical 'longkang' and i cant apply the shining thing there.

Before this i was using Armor All liquid type but its kinda hard to come by. If not mistaken only Aeon has it. This brand does not produce high gloss or deep black finish but last longer. I also used Turtle wax ice before and but it only make the plastic slightly darker ( kinda matt finish depending on the type of plastic ) but it wont last long on exterior plastic.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But for exterior won't the rain wash it off and give your water spots? That is why I use for interior only...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
But for exterior won't the rain wash it off and give your water spots? That is why I use for interior only...
Not sure abt Sonax coz this is first time i use it on exterior plastic. I know for sure that Turtle wax Ice have no such effect. Cant recall.abt armor all.

If totally serious and willing to spend then i suggest Cerakote. Checkout an independent test by a ytber Project Farm.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hannover has existed more than 700 years ago and founded in the 13th century. It served as a crossroad town, where a few rivers, like the Rhine, Ruhr and Seine River met. It was also an important campaign town during the World War II.

Hannover...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience